PDA

View Full Version : Had The Suspension Set Up

Cakes206
06-11-2005, 07:49 PM
On the sv1000s today...Pappa John and Robbie from Washington Cycle Works set up the suspension to my weight...bike rides like its on rails...All set for Deals Gap...for those who never set up their suspension to their weight, I highly suggest you do so...makes a world of difference...

Jimmy
06-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Nice Joe...my SV loved the gap. Enjoy!

Vin
06-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Awesome -- we'll head to WCW when you guys get back so I can get mine done as well. I'm not nearly as strong a rider as you guys are, but maybe an adjustment will help alleviate some of the stiffness I'm feeling in the bike.

DougZ
06-11-2005, 10:47 PM
I really liked what WCW did for my SV....definately felt way different from what the factory had it set too.

Cakes206
06-12-2005, 09:43 AM
I really liked what WCW did for my SV....definately felt way different from what the factory had it set too.

Definitely...factory settings I believe are for a 170lb. rider(I'm 200)...and the front was to mushy too...now shes all set.

Awesome -- we'll head to WCW when you guys get back so I can get mine done as well. I'm not nearly as strong a rider as you guys are, but maybe an adjustment will help alleviate some of the stiffness I'm feeling in the bike.

Riding style isn't even a factor...whether you're hittin the hard back roads or cruisin down the highway, the right suspension settings will make it all that much easier. Before I had it done I noticed when leaned over, I had to almost fight the bike to come back up...now...I can tip 'er into a nice sweeper...let go of the bars and she'll stay there like on a rail...then come right back up when I need to...effortlessly...We'll definitely set up a day to go...it'll feel like a whole new bike.

Qetesh
06-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Hmm I'll have to try it out.. definitely let me know when you're going if I can tag along. I haven't really noticed anything wrong with how my bike handles although sometimes it seems a little rough when going over bumps, but almost everyone raves about the difference it makes.

It will be the best money you spent and the difference it makes is incredible :boogie:

morpheus6d9
06-13-2005, 01:35 AM
i noticed a big difference when i had my suspension set up at wcw

AfricanBootyScratcher
06-16-2005, 11:26 PM
I've done many suspension set-ups for customers at work, as well as for others outside, and I can almost gaurantee the first thing out of everybody's mouth, whether on the track or on the street, is always "wow, it's like a whole different bike"
Amazing when you ride a bike the way it's supposed to feel, so worth it.

JasonB
06-25-2005, 06:54 PM
I've done many suspension set-ups for customers at work, as well as for others outside, and I can almost gaurantee the first thing out of everybody's mouth, whether on the track or on the street, is always "wow, it's like a whole different bike"
Amazing when you ride a bike the way it's supposed to feel, so worth it.
So if i ask you to set up my suspension on my bike would you? Even though i dont like you :)

CBRBob
06-25-2005, 10:07 PM
So if i ask you to set up my suspension on my bike would you? Even though i dont like you :)

If he don't I will Jase :highfive:

AfricanBootyScratcher
06-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Ok Jase, but I'll have to charge you quadruple, because I don't like you. and Bob, if you do Jase's then I won't like you either!
haha

JasonB
06-28-2005, 11:33 PM
If he don't I will Jase :highfive:
My bike feels like it's all over the place. I'm getting new tires on Saturday, will see if that will help. If not i will take you up on your offer.

Omar :P :P because i dont like you. so i wont let you touch my bike :lol:

DougZ
06-29-2005, 08:46 AM
My bike feels like it's all over the place. I'm getting new tires on Saturday, will see if that will help. If not i will take you up on your offer.

Omar :P :P because i dont like you. so i wont let you touch my bike :lol:

Maybe its just the rider. LOL :lol:

JasonB
07-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Maybe its just the rider. LOL :lol:
That's possible :lol: :lol:

CBRBob
07-02-2005, 09:51 PM
That's possible :lol: :lol:

The loose nut between the handlebars and seat? :nod2:

Cakes206
07-05-2005, 08:14 PM