PDA

View Full Version : AMA Races in Barber Sports - Report

zc_sandman
04-21-2006, 08:44 PM
I made it to Birmingham, Alabama, finally!

I fly into Atlanta and drove to Birmingham. It's about 150 miles away. Everything was going good. I took Interstate Highway 20 west and it went from 2 lanes into one.

So, there's a 5 mile back up! Whatever. I'm about a half mile from freedom and I hear a loud noise. I just catch a brown ford explore doing about 90 miles an hour on the shoulder. I knew this wasn't good, since he was heading into the construction area!

About 30 seconds later I see the trooper on the shoulder following him and you know the rest. The guy hits the back of the an 18 wheeler! He got helicoptered out. I waited 3 freaking hours before we could clear the wreck.

On the good side, I met some nice people on the highway as we all got out of our cars to talk. As the Copter pulled out and they opened the road. A major thunderstorm came with hail. I made it here. There's a ton of people here for the race and I'll check back in!

That is All for tonight!

zc_sandman
04-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Well, the weather held and they got all the events in today. The Supersport guys are amazing and I think that will be the best race this weekend.

Matt did the usual in the first qualifying round and laid down the gaulet for the rest. Tomorrow and Sunday should have great weather. Barber Sports is a beautiful track. I'm watching from the back straight, which is turns 9, 10 and 11, but I can see turns 5, 6 and the end of 7.

Having a great time will check in tomorrow!

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Apr/e/n060421f.htm

njf4i
04-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Good deal sandman. Take lots of pics of the umbrellas girls why your there.

zc_sandman
04-23-2006, 10:03 PM
This was the best race I've ever seen! Once you'll check there results, I'll post the live drama! Fantastic Track and great weather!

That is All!

zc_sandman
04-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Well, I'm back and had a great time. I met race fans from Louisana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. We had a great time together. Birmingham is a fantastic city.

I highly recommend Barber Sports. It is my opinion that Sunday's race goes into the books as one of the top ten races in next decade!

Rev
04-25-2006, 12:46 AM
damn darryl...good stuff meng..post pics..we jealous..

MrQuickR1
04-28-2006, 06:18 AM
I love Ben Spies, I wanted him to win last year, but looks like Mat's student is finally surpassing him. Although Mat lost, ya have to admit crashing out, left in 29th place to storm back and take 3rd is incredible and I doubt anyone can do that. Mladin and Spies look awesome out there....Spies is the kid of the future when Mat steps down.

#11 all the way!:boogie: