PDA

View Full Version : Gobble! Gobble! Bang! NWS (no non hunters)

MPtotheFZ
04-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Finally got one! Got it today at 6:30am. 18 1/4lbs., Beard: 9 3/4", Spurs: 7/8"
Shot it using my Ithaca 12 guage.

soda7o
04-21-2006, 07:15 PM
cool cool i am still waitign for an invite form njf4i

njf4i
04-21-2006, 07:15 PM
this post sucks with out a pick of the brainless turkey!!!

Gobble Gobble Gobble those bastards are done come next week.

cool cool i am still waitign for an invite form njf4i
Dude i told you about opening day next saturday and you said you want to kill something bigger.

soda7o
04-21-2006, 07:20 PM
this post sucks with out a pick of the brainless turkey!!!

Gobble Gobble Gobble those bastards are done come next week.

Dude i told you about opening day next saturday and you said you want to kill something bigger.

ok pichface illbein Pa next sat so maybe illbuy a license and go withyou.. i don thave camo or guns tho.....

njf4i
04-21-2006, 07:24 PM
ok pichface illbein Pa next sat so maybe illbuy a license and go withyou.. i don thave camo or guns tho.....
Well 2 late f*cker i invited you and you passed it up. I'm gonna be at my dad's next saturday but the following week i'll be free. So take this saturday to go find out where we can go hunt for the turkeys and i'll be there. 2 guns, ammo, and i'll take you 2 the walmart to get you some crazy russian camo.

soda7o
04-21-2006, 07:33 PM
FOLLWOIGN SAT ILL BE in ac GAMBLING AND LOOKING AT HOOKERS.. I MEAN STRIPPERS.

Rev
04-21-2006, 07:36 PM
how would you like it if a turkey shot you and posted all over the internet him holding you up.....

I think that would be impossible...good kill

njf4i
04-21-2006, 07:40 PM
how would you like it if a turkey shot you and posted all over the internet him holding you up.....

I think that would be impossible...good kill
I post pics of my dead deer all the time. But unlike mikey i usually show a close up of the kill shot.

Taz
04-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Congrats baby! :banmac:

now I have to figure out how to cook a turkey. :ohmygod:

Cakes206
04-21-2006, 10:24 PM
now I have to figure out how to cook a turkey. :ohmygod:

DEEP FRIED! :drool:

akomplis
04-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Dont hunt and never been....city slicker here so I might sound naive...but how hard is it to shoot a turkey? And where you go hunting for them are they just released in the wild (forest) right before you go in hunting them? Are they quick and difficult to kill?

Enjoy your turkey meal.

njf4i
04-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Dont hunt and never been....city slicker here so I might sound naive...but how hard is it to shoot a turkey? And where you go hunting for them are they just released in the wild (forest) right before you go in hunting them? Are they quick and difficult to kill?

Enjoy your turkey meal.
Turkey hunting is one of the funnest hunting you can do. It takes a little leg work, a little luck, and a good shot to get one. Basically you have to find out what trees they roost in during the night. Go in the morning, give a little owl call (which makes them gobble) and setup shop. You have to be in complete camo because turkey can see and hear better than most animals. Also you put up a cam screen to protect any movement you make.

Once your all setup on the ground with your back up against a tree, you put out a fake hen decoy, then you start calling them in. You do some chirps and yelps, the gobblers gobble back at you (makes me laugh every time) and hope they come to you. If you get them in range you try to pull up the gun without getting spotted, aim at there head and pull the trigger.

Nothing beats a good morning of hunting.

akomplis
04-23-2006, 12:57 AM
cool...thanks for the breakdown...sounds like fun....Do alot of hunters go during thanksgiving week to make that one live kill that will put a turkey on the dinner table for the fams/holiday?