PDA

View Full Version : careful now NYC people

RonJ83
04-21-2006, 06:03 PM
evidence to prove harassment by the piggies

soda7o
04-21-2006, 06:11 PM
evidence to prove harassment by the piggies

the dizzying lights (what ever that is supposed to mean) and the tinted after market windshield are easilly beatable in court..
btw yous hould have turned on your blinkers and seen if the cop would go into epeleptic shock..dizzying lights.. some one should kick him in the testies..

OH yeah if you need a number of a lawer in SI who takes onmotorcycle cases let me kwo..he is handling my 5 tickets form last summer''

NYCSTRIPES
04-21-2006, 06:39 PM
You just need to get a copy of the VTL from the motor vehicle office. The windscreen and dazzling lights summonses might be beatable, you have to look deeper into the integrated lights to see if they are not legal.
Ken

soda7o
04-21-2006, 06:43 PM
You just need to get a copy of the VTL from the motor vehicle office. The windscreen and dazzling lights summonses might be beatable, you have to look deeper into the integrated lights to see if they are not legal.
Ken

the windscreen si def beatabel altho i kwo NYC Strips is alaw enforcment officer
but i do do research into thing that affect me so after being harrased by the po many otimes i loked into to things to say to them to shut them up on the spot.. the winscren is def not an offense.. it only matter when youare not wearing eye protection and than it has to be a certain hight...

FTP

RonJ83
04-21-2006, 06:59 PM
the windscreen si def beatabel altho i kwo NYC Strips is alaw enforcment officer
but i do do research into thing that affect me so after being harrased by the po many otimes i loked into to things to say to them to shut them up on the spot.. the winscren is def not an offense.. it only matter when youare not wearing eye protection and than it has to be a certain hight...

FTP

do you have documents on this? that way i can back up my words?

soda7o
04-21-2006, 07:01 PM
do you have documents on this? that way i can back up my words?

mo but youcan find it somwhere google for it .. or clal or stop by the dmv

RonJ83
04-21-2006, 07:20 PM
bad news...PUIGs are a no go according to DMV standards i went to PUIG website and no where does it say approved by DOT and it doesnt have a DOT marker on the screen neither. as for the integrated lights, im going to take it to a inspection statation and see if they let me pass with my current setup. if they do then im going to take it to court if not then ill know what i have to fix. i have the DMV paper in PDF format so if anyone needs it, download it below

soda7o
04-21-2006, 07:23 PM
good find someone sticky this stuff and maybe for each state too like NJ and PA and ect

soda7o
04-21-2006, 07:31 PM
here is the PA stuff

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/subchapHtoc.html

akomplis
04-21-2006, 11:13 PM
What da hell is up with that cop to hit you up with these tix!!! Did you bang his wife or something!!!. :lol:...Dang! Hope your able to get them dropped....

sonny
04-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow dude, thats complete BS. Dazzling lights? wtf.

NYC cops suck ass.

ImmaSquashYou
04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
so why did he pull you over in the first place?? i think he was jsut jealous cause u got a nice bike..-= )

RonJ83
04-22-2006, 04:26 PM
so why did he pull you over in the first place?? i think he was jsut jealous cause u got a nice bike..-= )

paper check

ImmaSquashYou
04-22-2006, 10:46 PM
you see, its cops like those that i hate. Its not like you don't have turn signals. Its not like you didn't have brake lights, and its not like you didn't have a windscreen that provides enough aerodynamics. I can understand if he gave you a ticket for NOT HAVING them, but just having them look better means its illegal. Its not distracting anyone else on the road. God i hate them sometimes... But there are ones who are mad cool. Those are what all the cops should be like. Civil unless you're doing something really wrong and illegal.

RonJ83
04-22-2006, 11:57 PM
believe me i always pull over and i never argue with them. i take my ticket and i move on. if i did something wrong like speeding or running stop sign ill admit to the mistake and pay up i dont even bother taking it to court cause i pay for what i do. but this is just irritating.

High_Revs_17
04-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I thought I was mistaken after reading "tinted windscreen"...I had to read it again...I'm sure about 3 intoxicated drivers and 4 others carry drugs drove by while he was so busy writing up those important tickets...:jerkit:

SilverDragon
04-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Would it matter that I have a NJ license plate in Manhattan? Would I get a ticket for these items?

soda7o
04-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Would it matter that I have a NJ license plate in Manhattan? Would I get a ticket for these items?

yes you would.. i have PA plates and still get lost o tickets in NYC

ronin_01r1
04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
that's total bs. they should focus on more important matters.

soda7o
04-26-2006, 01:57 PM
that's total bs. they should focus on more important matters.

like the two for one special on glaxed donuts ad D and D

SilverDragon
04-26-2006, 02:35 PM
yes you would.. i have PA plates and still get lost o tickets in NYC

Registration is different for each state. If you can drive a car with tinted windows in NJ because your registration is from NY, why doesn't it work the same with a bike?

Good grief!!!

soda7o
04-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Registration is different for each state. If you can drive a car with tinted windows in NJ because your registration is from NY, why doesn't it work the same with a bike?

Good grief!!!
you could until lthey pull you over...
than youwil lget a ticket.. but it will only apply in nys.. some gey shit liek that

ffejtable
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$VAT381$$@TXVAT0381+&LIST=LAW+&BROWSER=27436518+&TOKEN=00014675+&TARGET=VIEW

391.2 is there but its rather wordy, I wont paste it here..

391.8. It shall be unlawful to operate on any public highway in this state
any motorcycle registered in this state which is equipped with a wind
screen, unless such wind screen meets the specifications established
therefor by the commissioner. The commissioner is hereby authorized to
adopt and amend regulations covering types of wind screens and
specifications therefor.

375.2a is
2. (a) Every motor vehicle except a motorcycle, driven upon a public
highway during the period from one-half hour after sunset to one-half
hour before sunrise or at any other time when windshield wipers are in
use, as a result of rain, sleet, snow, hail or other unfavorable
atmospheric condition, and at such other times as visibility for a
distance of one thousand feet ahead of such motor vehicle is not clear,
shall display:

No idea where the dazzling light fits into that statute, he probably put the wrong one down.

The windscreen one is kind of messed up, because the intent of that law is to make sure DOT approved winshields are used for safety reasons, most likely when used as a subsitute for eye protection. The windhsield on sportbikes serves little purpose, and if a full face helmet is worn with the visor down, I dont see why this is even an issue. Unfortunately these laws predate sportbikes and full face helmets, I'm sure.

Mike295
04-27-2006, 10:43 AM
thats just pure :gay: ness

what happens if you have a bike that comes with a tinted windscreen... I know i do... my kawi 636 comes with a tinted windscreen.

ffejtable
04-27-2006, 12:06 PM
thats just pure :gay: ness

what happens if you have a bike that comes with a tinted windscreen... I know i do... my kawi 636 comes with a tinted windscreen.

As long as its approved by the commissioner its not an issue. The problem isnt the tint, its that its not DOT approved. Chances are the DOT approval is what is accepted by the state. Your stock screen even if tinted is probably DOT approved.

While reading up on the statutes there was also a requirement for some reflectors... so all you reflector haters.... avoid NY :)