PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Run 4/15-16 w/e Report *Some Pics Added*

Cakes206
04-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Well folks...for alot of us this was our season opener, and what a better way to open the season with a lil Beaver...Run that is.

Ok, so here it goes. We head out Fri. for the journey westward. Get to the track around 6pm figuring perfect timing, whatever event was goin on should be over and we'd be able to grab our spot, drop off and semi set up for the morning. Wrong. We get there, and they tell us we can't get in till 10pm...some federal tactical training something or other must of been going on because as the guy is in the middle of telling us we can't go in yet...some dude came down dressed in what looked like middle eastern clothing...said something to one the other guys then took off again to do whatever. Ok, so fine...we leave the trailer there off to the side, meet up with CBRBob and Rita for some food. Go to Walmart and Giant Eagle (supermarket there) get everything we need for Sat. By this time its 1/4 to 10, head back tot he track to set up get there like 5 after...perfect timing again right? WRONG. They still won't let us in...whatever :jerkit: by this time they sent someone down from the group to let us know that it shouldn't be much longer...only a few more min. Fine...we sat and bs'ed with Gallo for a few...finally bout 30 min later we were able to go in, grab our spot, and set up.

Now on to Saturday...Go thru and passed tech...do some final tire psi check, slap on the warmers and head to the riders meeting. After that, get ready to be the first session let out for the day. Grid up, we're let out...out there doin my thing...shakin out some cobwebs...but feelin good. Next rotation, we go out...I expected myself to be fine and go all out...mentally I wanted to, but something just didn't feel right, what it was I have no idea yet. Session was over, thought to myself, maybe I'm still gettin back into it. Third rotation, same thing...I just couldn't get into a groove...now it's startin to mess with my head. 4th session I throw on the lap timer just to see. Ended up being 8 seconds off my pace from late year...wtf. Skipped the session after lunch did 2 more and called it a day. All along thinking/wondering what was goin on. Said, ok, tomorrow is another day.

Onto Sunday...same routine...tech, final setting up, riders meeting, 1st session. Said to myself, Sat was in the past, today (Sun.) is a new day. First session out...mentally I was fine...go out and warm up. 2nd session throw on the lap timer, again, same shit...8 seconds off my pace. Now I'm gettin pissed. 3rd session, go out and give it everything I got...and again...same 8 seconds off pace. The whole time thinking/saying...something just isn't right. Session before lunch, CBRBob was out there following me...just to see what I was or wasn't doing. After the session, I come in...Bob says, does the bike feel ok? Because you're doing everything you usually do, T1,2,3 and 4 you're railin fine...just when it comes to the faster part of the track, looks like the bike doesn't wanna go. This was exactly what I needed to hear...cause at this point at least I know I'm not the only one imagining this shit, lol.

Lunch Starts and we're talking...start coming up with ideas on what it could be. I know the bike was firing on both cyl cause I had checked that earlier...start with the basics, we checked air filter...fine, the plugs, they were dry...lil on the lean side actually. But was real easy to loosen them up(thought maybe this might of been an issue) Carbs...fine...air box/boots seated on the carbs fine. Put everything back...start it up..."Sounds" perfect. Ok, I'll wait till after luch and see if anything helped. Shootin the shit with everyone...I remembered when I spun the rear wheel it seemed a tad tight so I lubed up the chain...but for some reason I blurt out..."Could be the rear axle is to tight?" Omar replies with...it can't be...the spacers stop all that from happening. I said but when I swapped the rims with the new tires on this past Thurs. it happened and I had to back off the axle nut a tad and it helped...he basically jumps out of his chair, and says yank that rear wheel off...sure 'nuff...spacer inside the hub of the rear sprocket was missing :wtf: To make a long story, longer...It must of fallen out and rolled away when I swapped the rims...totally pull a bonehead move and not checking over myself...get back today, fuggin spacer is sittin there on the side in the storage unit :banghead: Talk about being lucky.
All in all was great time with everyone...Sorry for the short story...pics will be up at some point :lol:

Not finished yet...still typing...standby...

duc748pilot
04-17-2006, 10:55 PM
done yet?

Qetesh
04-17-2006, 11:14 PM
I'll wait 'til he's done to give my report :lol:

IG.
04-17-2006, 11:24 PM
So much for going to sleep early! :(

Qetesh
04-18-2006, 12:02 AM
So much for going to sleep early! :(

The report it up IG. He just edited his initial post ;)

AfricanBootyScratcher
04-18-2006, 01:03 AM
made me get out of my damn chair and get my hands dirty! but it was your birthday, so i'll let it slide. you damn kids today! :D
I'm just glad that a bearing didn't sieze up while you were riding, that would have been very bad.

benellis
04-18-2006, 06:16 AM
Glad to hear you figured out your deal, I didn't even know you were having issues!
Here's my report, My day went good, the new motor worked excellent, the Diablo Corsa's felt good (first time on pirellis) The track was fun, the bike was predictable and a joy to ride, it was the first time I ever rode the R6 in the dry, and by the end of the day I was wore out. The next day I headed home, and went to Point Pleasant with my family, The boardwalk sucked after being at the track, I think I'm ruined, It will be impossible for me to have fun doing "normal" stuff. Thanks to everyone who was there, it was a pleasure hanging out!

IrocRob
04-18-2006, 06:34 AM
Time to replace your rear wheel bearings...:banghead:

NYCSTRIPES
04-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Didn't know you were celebrating a birthday Joe. Happy Belated Birthday.
Had a great time and thanks for the Beaverun photo package. Sorry your ride got cut short because of mechanical issues.
Ken

DougZ
04-18-2006, 09:27 AM
OMG..good thing it all worked out and you had no excursions. Maybe you wanna start letting someone else work on that thing. :D

In your words: " Ur a Mess!!" :)

GinoE
04-18-2006, 09:36 AM
gotta love them 'pocket parts'

good to meet you cats at beaveRun, thanks joe for turning me on to the forum

...fuggin spacer is sittin there on the side in the storage unit...

NYCSTRIPES
04-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Pocket Parts, I have to remember that one.
Good seeing you at the track again Gino
Ken

Cakes206
04-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Great to meet ya Gino...Pocket parts :roflmao: :ohmygod: :bigblush:

Least I got to use EFP for Sunday...so it wasn't a total loss. Got a new set of berrings on the way...

NYCSTRIPES
04-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey folks,
this weekend I finally got the opportunity to ride the TLR with the new wheels and bodywork at Beaverun. The weather was finally in our favor and the track was simply terrific. Long ride to the facility from my place, but well worth it. The people there are equally as nice. I would definitely go there again, especially since I hear that they are making plans to make the track longer in the near future.

The GaleSpeed wheels were from the group buy offered by BX-459. The wheels are ligher than stock and are very nicely finished. I ran the new Metzler Racetec tires on my bike and was very happy with the performance. Sticky with great feedback.

The bike definitely turned faster and accelleration was also quick. The bike just plain PULLS. I can attribute this to both the new wheels and the new 520 chain/spocket set(-1/+2) I am now running. The bike definitely has a better reaction to user input. I came away after two days on the track feeling that it did not take as much work to throw the TLR around with the new setup. After the first morning session, I got re-acquainted with my bike, learned the track layout a little and then began to have some fun. I would love to hit Beaverun again for another 2 day run.

Meeting up with some of the forum guys was also a bonus..had a great time.

This was definitely worth every penny and the next item on my list is the brake upgrade that will be done soon. Upgrading to iron brake rotors and a radial brake M/C.

Ken

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/2003%20Suzuki%20TL1000R/IMG_2244.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/2003%20Suzuki%20TL1000R/20132c08.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/2003%20Suzuki%20TL1000R/Beaverun%20April%202006/IMG_2291.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/2003%20Suzuki%20TL1000R/Beaverun%20April%202006/DSC_3523_FR.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/2003%20Suzuki%20TL1000R/Beaverun%20April%202006/DSC_3315_FR.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/2003%20Suzuki%20TL1000R/Beaverun%20April%202006/DSC_2742_FR.jpg

Cakes206
04-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Ken, your Tiller is bad ass man :vtwin: Lucky 7's!

pillaka
04-18-2006, 05:24 PM
I blew up my r6

High_Revs_17
04-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Joe either play the lottery or head to Vegas ASAP, cuz between your runoff in bending the front wheel and now this you're a lucky boy!

NYCSTRIPES
04-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Ken, your Tiller is bad ass man :vtwin: Lucky 7's!

Thanks Joe,
see you next time with your SV all ready to run.
Ken

NYCSTRIPES
04-18-2006, 06:13 PM
I blew up my r6

If that was your bike that caught fire, sorry to have seen that Bro. Not much anyone can say other than you were lucky that you walked away from that one.
Hope your insurance can cover that one.
Ken

ronin_01r1
04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
awesome! hope to try that track sometime this year! great pictures too.

Cakes206
04-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks Joe,
see you next time with your SV all ready to run.
Ken

w0rd...got the spacer back in, threw it all back together...took it for a couple sprints up and down the storage area...she felt alive :nod2:

GinoE
04-18-2006, 10:20 PM
turns 4, 5, 6, 7 were my favs - 10 scared me the most

AfricanBootyScratcher
04-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I blew up my r6
read your own sig

njracer
04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Ok fools.....what kind of times were ya turning at the Bever??

njracer

Cakes206
04-19-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm normally in the 11's wanted to shoot for 09's...my lil mishap had me in the freggin 19's :roll:

Blue group runs anywhere from 2's(fuggin fast) to 8's.

estyles
04-19-2006, 04:28 PM
i was only ther on sat but what a great day besides all the minor problems i was having, first my laptimer wasnt working all day, then my chain broke coming into the carousel, theni came into the carosel and my knee puck hit the "curbing" aka bricks on the inside and ripped off. but after all that im pretty sure i was in the low 1:04 or possibly 1:03 territory as my buddy was hitting 1:04 in the afternoon and i was mixing it up with him, but now ill have to wait until august to find out. great seeing all the regulars and meeting a couple new people, joe post that pick of me and my collection of items i lost on the track , haha,
later
Evan

njracer
04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm normally in the 11's wanted to shoot for 09's...my lil mishap had me in the freggin 19's :roll:

Blue group runs anywhere from 2's(fuggin fast) to 8's.

I was there in 2004 for my first time (I only ran saturday) and I started off in the 12's during the 1st practice session, was down to 8's by my first solo 20 race and got down to an 3 in my 2nd race of the weekend (only did 2 races and then went home).

OTOH - Larry Pegram and Scott Jenson were turning 56 or 54's during both of my races......if you think 2's are fast, you should see what a 56 looks like.:doh:

BTW - how the hell did you not remember the spacer???:ohmygod:

Cakes206
04-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Thought the TR was a 57 or 56...shrug...

Anywho...not that I forgot it...just didn't realize it had fallen out from the sprocket/cushdrive and rolled off to the side...I know that'll never happen again :ohmygod:

pillaka
04-19-2006, 08:30 PM
read your own sig

DOH!

End of the day I was doing consistent 1:06's, touched down into the 1:05's a few times. Then highsided on T10 and ruptured fuel tank. RIP bone stock 2006 R6

My best time there is a 1:03.31, set in september last year

And I also came to the conclusion that I have gone down on the beaver 2 times, with one time things getting pretty hot and wet.

AfricanBootyScratcher
04-19-2006, 10:28 PM
And I also came to the conclusion that I have gone down on the beaver 2 times, with one time things getting pretty hot and wet.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Cakes206
04-20-2006, 08:43 AM
joe post that pick of me and my collection of items i lost on the track , haha.

And here is Evan picking up the stuff he lost at the end of the day...

More pics to be posted tonight...

GinoE
04-20-2006, 09:39 AM
hey ken,

we chatted a bit about rearsets - i'm looking to get the woodcraft ones.

is that what you have (with that knurling lip on the ends)?

NYCSTRIPES
04-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Yep, woodcraft rearsets, I got them through the TPM parts club.

You will like the difference immediately.
Ken

NYCSTRIPES
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
My best time is a 1:10, I was averaging times in the 12's though. My lap timer wasn't set properly for mos t of the weekend so I missed getting the majority of my mid-day laps on the timer. Still new at having one and making some mistakes learning how to have it set up.
Once I got tired, my times then moved to 14's. Then I knew I was just about done and should not push anymore and just finish the opening weekend without a mishap.

I would like to go there again for another 2 day trip later in the year.

Ken

Cakes206
04-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Resized a few pics...

duc748pilot
04-25-2006, 10:06 AM
that helmet makes you look fat :P

High_Revs_17
04-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Flyin' the goombah flag on the tail...way to represent! :thumbup:

Cakes206
04-25-2006, 10:35 AM