PDA

View Full Version : 2 into 1....rc 51

shadoxkila
04-05-2006, 05:12 AM
hey anyone know how you would go about turning your exhaust system on an rc 51 from 2 into 2 to 2 into 1?.....dont think i'm gonna do it but i was just curious when i saw some people talking about it

BurnCycle
04-05-2006, 07:21 AM
I’m not sure you’d want to ‘turn’ your system into a 2-1, rather buy a 2-1 set-up. Big twins can be tricky when it comes to exhaust tuning and hacking/welding at 2-2 will not give you the best results unless you truly know what you are doing. Hopefully any company selling a 2-1 conversion has done the R&D to make it efficient.

I ran a 2-1 on my TLS that was modified from a 2-2 using Yoshimura parts. It works, but the top end does suffer in comparison to the full 2-2 (Yosh). It still gained over the stock system (or so my buttometer registered), just not to its full potential.

That being said the 2-1 will still be used on my TLR (track bike).

FigNewTon
04-05-2006, 04:20 PM
I am not a fan of the 2 - 1 systems as I just don't think they look right on the RC. They also have a tendency to lose midrange power which is where it is most needed.

Take a look at LDH's page as he has done numerous hours of research and dyno testing on this matter.

http://rc51.org/exhaust.htm