PDA

View Full Version : Passed the CMRA Race Day Testing

Lakota
03-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Just let you know an update on what you started at Dave and Busters :roflmao:
2 weeks ago I had a great practice day at a tough track until about 4:30 when I lowsided at 60 and crashed cracking a couple ribs.We fixed the bike and I went to the CMRA school Friday to run in the 6 sessions,testing phase and the race at the end of the day after which I was able to earn my CMRA license to race in the Novice class for this year and then at the end of the year based on points and finishes they decide which class to run in but I will be able to race in all the endurances as well as the novice sprints and the classic unlitmited sprints since I am running a 95 F3,so it is on. First real CMRA race will be April 22nd at Texas World which will be nice since I am already signed up for a trackday the 15th at TWS so I will get a full day of practice in the week before.Can't beleive I waitied this long to get involved in the track.Thanks again for all your input and encouragement.

Gil aka Crash

SPRHK
03-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Congrats!! Good luck out there and be safe!:thumbup:

Qetesh
03-28-2006, 12:17 AM
That's great news Gil!!!! Congrats and keep your race reports coming ;)

Lakota
03-28-2006, 12:28 AM
It was a crazy weekend with many many events so I am still waiting for the photog to post pics of the events on his site,hopefully there will be a few of me I can share and invite tips from you guys because I know I need lots of work on body positioning. After my crash on a left hander i thought I'd have trouble with them but actually was very comfortable with them but had troubles with the right handers,not sure if it was my positioning or the ribs.

benellis
03-28-2006, 08:08 AM
good luck with your racing and stay safe, I was reading Roadracing world this month and they said of a guy who recently passed away after injuries from practice there in texas. I hate to hear stuff like that, but it is a part of our sport. Again, ride safe, and have fun!

Lakota
03-28-2006, 09:35 AM
unfortunately he crashed in turn 4 on the same track I crashed in turn 2 and there were several more this weekend so it is definately something I consider,but on the other side I don't have SUVs and cell phone,fast food eating MORONS to avoid either.Thanks

Cakes206
03-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Just let you know an update on what you started at Dave and Busters :roflmao:
Hehe, you're hooked now...theres no turnin back ;)

Congratz :thumbup:

AfricanBootyScratcher
03-28-2006, 11:19 PM
damn, we really are an influential bunch!

Cakes206
03-29-2006, 12:04 AM
damn, we really are an influential bunch!

He was mesmerized by all the baldness :lol:

Lakota
03-29-2006, 12:24 AM
is that why I felt like I needed sunglasses that night :roflmao: no my knew race name is THE FOG ( Fat Old Guy) seriously if it wasn't for the time you guys took to help me mod my 929 and explain all about the trackdays and Instructors I probably wouldn't have considered it,almost half you guys and gals there had track bikes,it is a blast and I have a trackday on the 15th and racing the same track the week after so I am stoked. Still waiting on pics though.

Lakota
03-31-2006, 04:25 AM
Here is a link to some pics they took,as you can tell I am not very good but man is it fun,ok go easy on the body postion BOB :roflmao:

http://www.hart-photography.com/2006/lstd06/mar/468/albums.html

Cakes206
03-31-2006, 09:23 AM
as you can tell I am not very good but man is it fun

Main part is you're out there havin fun, the getting better part will come. Little tip: try looking thru the turns more, by doing so it'll open up the track. Awesome Gil...keep at it! :thumbup:

Lakota
03-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the tip,that is why I signed up for level 2 class and hope to go thru all the levels with instructors because I can get one or 2 things down then one slips and have to remind myself do this or that,like all things good it takes time.

Cakes206
03-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Eventually it'll all come 2nd nature, you won't have to think, you'll just automatically do.

Rev
03-31-2006, 03:30 PM
i want to do some track this year but my mobility hasn't fully come back on my wrist yet from my nov 05 crash. I need all i have to lean the bike into those turns and i dont think this year will be the time for it.

Although I will come check you guys out on your track days....i'll be the one in the corner crying in the mirror putting on lip stick listening to boy george wearing a pink tutu...