PDA

View Full Version : Honda Question

BlackHat2305
03-25-2006, 10:26 PM
i own a 2000 honda 600 f4 , bike has just hit 10k miles . the bike runs great except when not in gear and the throttle is cracked it sounds like the bike is breaking up . now im not sure if the gas i recived was bad or not , but the breaking up was noticed after i got gas. I wanted to check my plugs to see weather or not they were fouled so revoved the fuel tank and air intake and tried to take the plugs out but it was a no go as honda has a support bar accros the cylinders and i could not get the spark plug socket in the hole even with diffrent extensions . do they make a special tool for removing the plugs ? any help is appricated and also i wanted to add some carb and fuel injetor cleaner to the fuel is that a good idea or no ? thanks for the help

Greg

RCM78
03-26-2006, 12:01 AM
If the bike runs great in gear then the plugs are probably fine.
Does it sound like something is loose in the engine? Or kinda like a coffee can full of pennies being shaken??
If so the cam chain tentioner needs to be replaced. You can buy an OEM one or install a manual one...

Cakes206
03-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Could of been some bad fuel. Carbs might also need to be sync'd.

CBRBob
03-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Easy on, siphon the gas out, put new gas in and 1/2 bottle of drygas.
Use the tool kit tools to pull the plugs is that dosent take care of it.

SPRHK
03-26-2006, 09:47 AM
+1

BlackHat2305
03-26-2006, 10:33 AM

gona try that only thing is there was no tool kit that came with the bike lol can i pick up a spark plug tool somewhere ? thanks for all the info

CBRBob
03-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Get a deep thinwall socket from sears that fits the plug. Thinwall to fit the in well. If they have a spark plug socket that fits, great. If not, get a magnetic pick up tool to get the plug out.

BlackHat2305
03-26-2006, 12:02 PM
thanks man gona head to sears today , and as far as new plugs i hear that ngk is the best is this ture ? i am open for suggestions lol :slap: