PDA

View Full Version : Dropped her last night

Gear Dog
03-23-2006, 10:09 AM
I took the bike out for a spin last night even though it was cold out. Made it all the way back to my developement without a problem. I saw a friend of mine and went to make a u-turn and hit a patch of sand. By that point it was too late to try and save it so I jumped off. Lucky for me the damage wasn't that bad. Looks like I'll be upgrading the levers now.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/GearDog7/Bike%20Shots/DSC00580.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/GearDog7/Bike%20Shots/DSC00582.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/GearDog7/Bike%20Shots/DSC00581.jpg

Cakes206
03-23-2006, 10:11 AM
But its only a flesh wouund.

Glad yer ok...

Rock712
03-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Sorry about the bike dude,

But your ok that all that matters!!!

Rev
03-23-2006, 10:45 AM
man..that's fixable..i just bought crg levers..but i bought for clutch only =/

Gear Dog
03-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys.
Of course the first thing I thought about was that I wasn't going to make the ride next Saturday. But the damage is minimal, the brake lever took most of the impact. So it looks like it's time to upgrade:boogie:

PitsVtec
03-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah your ok...that can be touched up...it sucks though....

southjersey636
03-23-2006, 11:22 AM
not that bad, I have a few little scruffs on mine when it fell over in my shed, all I remember back that summer night was shutting the door, then not even 2 sec later as I went to open the door to my house, I heard the inevitable, loud enough to wake the neighbors up.

tweake
03-23-2006, 11:37 AM
dude sorry about ur bike glad ur ok . and i am happy to see i wasn't the only nut out riding yesterday :blushes: man i swear it was warmer at 10 am then it was at 3pm gerrrr

Kurts1000RR
03-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Bummer......glad your ok.

sonny
03-29-2006, 02:49 PM
I dropped mine sunday. I was putting it on the centerstand.. and she decided to lean to the right, woop fell right over.

no damage, a few scuffs. my ego was bruised. along with back pains because trying to catch a 400lb bike leaned over = bad

Gear Dog
03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I dropped mine sunday. I was putting it on the centerstand.. and she decided to lean to the right, woop fell right over.

no damage, a few scuffs. my ego was bruised. along with back pains because trying to catch a 400lb bike leaned over = bad

yeah I learned to let it drop when I had my katana. I pulled a muscle trying not to drop it and it fell anyway.
I got over it alreay and will probably just get some touch up paint for now.

High_Revs_17
03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
The first drop on any one bike is always the worst...you know it's coming and can't stop it...every foul word in the english and some other languages comes spewing outta your mouth as you stare at the bike on the ground for a split second...your adrenaline's pumping as you pick the bike up in 2 seconds flat and wondering how the hell you managed to do that so quickly...looking at the damage afterwards for hours hoping that it'll heal itself over night...then after looking at it the next day it doesn't look as bad as it did the first time...then you just say "fuck it I wanna ride"...and it's all good later on.

P.s. No chicken strip comments here people.

sonny
03-29-2006, 03:23 PM
The first drop on any one bike is always the worst...you know it's coming and can't stop it...every foul word in the english and some other languages comes spewing outta your mouth as you stare at the bike on the ground for a split second...your adrenaline's pumping as you pick the bike up in 2 seconds flat and wondering how the hell you managed to do that so quickly...looking at the damage afterwards for hours hoping that it'll heal itself over night...then after looking at it the next day it doesn't look as bad as it did the first time...then you just say "fuck it I wanna ride"...and it's all good later on.

P.s. No chicken strip comments here people.

Wow i think you called that exactly... It hit the ground and i was speaking in curse-tongue. I managed to just heave it up, and sat there like "did that REALLY just happen?"

What got me was when it started going over and i tried to stop it.. then the crunching sound of plastic. i thought my fairings were going to be destroyed.

simmons5
04-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Could be worse.....No frame damage=no problem