PDA

View Full Version : Aria RX7 Corsaire Reveiw

RCM78
03-19-2006, 07:47 AM
I wore my new Arai at VIR this weekend. It's a new RX7 Corsair Hayden Laguna rep.

Fit and finish is just about perfect. I cant find any flaws at all on this helmet.

Size is an XL, fit's me perfectly and is VERY comfortable. Probably the most comfortable helmet I've owned out of the box. I didnt notice any pressure points at all after having it on for more then 40 minutes at a time. It's also much lighter then both my Signet or Quantum.

Ventilation, WOW!!! This system really works well. The chin vent is huge and lets tons of air into the front of the helmet, I could also feel lots of air flowing all around my head. The biggest difference was I didnt get all sweaty after riding back to back 20 minute sessions in 80 deg weather.

Complaints:
I have two minor complaints so far.
1. Noise. With the added airflow comes lots of velocity noise. I will be wearing earplugs from now on with this helmet.
2. The chin strap seems to be too long. At high speeds it flaps and is annoying.

Overall this is a big improvement from my previous Signet and Quantum helmets. I would still buy another Quantum for the street. The RX7 is designed for the racetrack and for me the noise factor makes it an impractical street helmet...

SPRHK
03-19-2006, 11:14 AM
The chin strap should have a snap that holds the end from flapping around. Last Nov. I bought the new Tommy "Gun" Hayden Corsair. It is FANTASTIC helmet. Fit, Finish, Comfort,all superb. AS for wind noise, i dont notice any more wind noise than I did with any other of my Aria helmets.

RCM78
03-19-2006, 03:43 PM
The chin strap should have a snap that holds the end from flapping around. Last Nov. I bought the new Tommy "Gun" Hayden Corsair. It is FANTASTIC helmet. Fit, Finish, Comfort,all superb. AS for wind noise, i dont notice any more wind noise than I did with any other of my Aria helmets.

I had the strap snapped. It's still longer then either of my other Arai helmets.

Have you used your helmet on a race track? At 160mph on VIR's front straight this helmet is much noiser then either the Quantun or Signet...

SPRHK
03-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Yes , I wore it at VIR . You might need different padding inside. Try the next size pads. Aria has different sizes to choose from.

RonJ83
03-19-2006, 08:18 PM
i had the same helmet, the breaking it took only a few rides after that it was very comfortable. i didnt notice alot of wind noise even though i had ALL the vents opened, pull down the chin guard and see if that helps.

simmons5
04-03-2006, 08:17 PM
I have the rx-7 and a shoei x-11 the arai fits better by far but the x-11 is a little bit quiter.