events will not require three classes, 21 liter fuel limit
by staff
Saturday, June 04, 2005

This press release in from the FIM:

Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix

Amendments to the Rules

Championnat du Monde des Grands Prix de Courses sur Route

Amendements aux Règlements

The Grand Prix Commission, composed of Messrs. Carmelo Ezpeleta (Dorna, Chairman), Claude Danis (FIM), Sito Pons (IRTA) and Takanao Tsubouchi (MSMA), in the presence of Mr Paul Butler (Secretary of the meeting), in a meeting held today at the circuit of Mugello, unanimously decided to introduce the modifications below to the Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations.

- For immediate application:

1. 2 Events

To delete Art. 1.2.2 ("all events in the Championship must cater for all three classes")

1. 19 Ride Through Procedure

During the race, the rider will be requested to ride through the pit lane; stopping is not permitted. He may then rejoin the race.

- For application as from June 9, 2005 (Catalunya Grand Prix):

1. 14 Technical Control

1. 14.1 Second paragraph, to delete "In the classes 250cc and 125cc,"

1. 21 Behaviour during practice and race

1. 21.12 To delete "two way radio voice communication"

- For application as from 2007, valid for 5 years minimum:

2. 2 Classes

2. 2.1 As from January 1st, 2007, in the Motogp class the maximum engine size capacity will be 800cc and 2-stroke engines will not be allowed.

2. 6 Fuel tank

2. 6.5 The maximum fuel tank capacity will be of 21 litres.

ENDS

njf4i
06-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Ok so for a novice MotoGP fan what the hell does that mean? I mean a basic sumarry of what the rules changes would be nice.

Or i could just go to there website. :)

Cakes206
06-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Ok so for a novice MotoGP fan what the hell does that mean? I mean a basic sumarry of what the rules changes would be nice.

Or i could just go to there website. :)

No more liter bikes.

Bullshark
06-10-2005, 12:58 AM
I woullllddd LOOVEE to watch or at least TIVO these frickin events, buuuuuuutttttt I have no idea when, what time, or what channel they are on.. lil help please? :):):)

Cakes206
06-10-2005, 06:15 AM
I woullllddd LOOVEE to watch or at least TIVO these frickin events, buuuuuuutttttt I have no idea when, what time, or what channel they are on.. lil help please? :):):)

Speed Channel every Sunday :jam2: ...Check your local listings. Although I haven't watched one event either so you're not alone, lol.

Fuzy_GSXR1000
08-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Ok Joe so there taking down the cubic inches a bit :jerkit: as well as the horsepower???

CBRBob
08-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Engines 20% smaller to reduce the top speeds. Reduction in fuel capacity should initially reduce the power outputs until they retune the bikes (read: more peaky power delivery, less broadpowerband). This will make the bikes harder to ride and result in more highsides. So they are essentially making things slower AND more dangerous.

benellis
08-20-2005, 11:54 AM
I just wonder if it will tighten up the field at all, with less cubic cc's, or are the fast factories still going to be fast? Truthfully, I enjoy the racing now. I started watching MotoGP when they went to the 990 4 strokes and it was good. It is the best world championship racing series (cars, boats, planes, etc...) on the planet, period. I just don't want to seem them slow down. NASCAR puts the restrictor plates on at Daytona & Talladega and it makes it a "manufactured" race by bringing the competition closer, it takes the technical prowess out of the hands of the engineers and talent out of the hands of the drivers and puts money into the pockets of NASCAR who sells the piss out of those events. NASCAR has gotten greedier and greedier over the past 10 years and I want to see them hurt in the future. I don't want to see the same thing happen to MotoGP

carl_g
08-20-2005, 03:50 PM
fucking honda!!!!!! :jerkit:

High_Revs_17
08-20-2005, 04:36 PM
The current setup is nearly as quick as an F1 car, that seems to be a bit too fast by MotoGP standards so the bikes will be slower and more like the 500s than they used to be currently running in their setup. Now the guys have to resort back to a mix of their old riding styles. This is going to be an interesting season in '07. We'll also have to see how the advanced components of the Motocysz hold up in the crowd.