PDA

View Full Version : TO ALL the Bike Guru's....LOOK AT ME!!!!

Rev
03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Can I adjust my stock clutch lever to come in more so my fingers don't extend much on it. I asked else where and they said they make an after market lever which comes in more but it cost like 100 bux and i don't wanna spend anymore money. If I adjust the stock clutch lever, someone said I can burn the clutch faster...Anyone have suggestions, yall mostly know my situation with my left wrist...

thanks

duc748pilot
03-16-2006, 12:40 PM
just use the barrel adjuster and loosen it up, just be sure that when the lever is fully compressed the clutch is actually fully engaged. if its only partially engaged, it will still aid in shifting the trans but the clutch will be continually slipping while engaged. thus wearing down the friction plates quicker.

Cakes206
03-16-2006, 06:06 PM
they make an after market lever which comes in more but it cost like 100 bux

+1 to what pilot said. Those aftermarket levers are badass though...wanna get them for the track bike.

Mike295
03-16-2006, 09:29 PM
yeah i know i want them too but i keep tellingmyself that they are not worth it at all. although i would get the shorties

CBRBob
03-16-2006, 10:22 PM
What 600rrpilot said is 100% right but backwards(sorry dude). You want to loosen the lock nut and turn the adjuster in so there is more slack. When you do this you have to make sure the clutch fully disengages. There will be more freeplay in the lever. Start it, clutch in, put it in gear, if it starts to drag the bike forward, you need less freeplay in the lever. As long as there is freeplay(slack) when the lever is all the way out, it will be fully engaged.

Rev
03-16-2006, 10:44 PM
wow thanks im gonna try it

duc748pilot
03-17-2006, 11:29 AM
whats backwards? if the cable isnt tight enough to fully engage the clutch during shifts the plates will slip. i beleive our ideas of a clutch be engaged vs disengaged are opposite. lol.

CBRBob
03-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Right, when you squeeze the lever to the bar, the clutch is DISengaged. If the freeplay is excessive, you will never fully disengage it. If you have zero freeplay(or tension on the cable) you will have a partially disengaged clutch even when the lever is all the way out.

Rev
03-20-2006, 12:58 AM
crap..hey bob are you going to suspension day..maybe you can show me how to adjust my stick so i can squeeze it just right...thanx

RonJ83
03-20-2006, 02:44 AM
or you can just change the lever to a pazzo or crg and click it till its closer.

CBRBob
03-20-2006, 11:34 PM
or you can just change the lever to a pazzo or crg and click it till its closer.

Yea, spend a lot of money for bling when you dont need to.
What is 'suspension day'?

sonny
03-29-2006, 02:51 PM
yeah i've gotta figure out something with mine. i had some play in my lever so i adjusted it.. now after a while of city driving my wrist starts killin me. although i adjusted it this morning and its a little better.

i'd like it to be a little softer, easier to squeeze.

Cakes206
03-29-2006, 02:58 PM
yeah i've gotta figure out something with mine. i had some play in my lever so i adjusted it.. now after a while of city driving my wrist starts killin me. although i adjusted it this morning and its a little better.

i'd like it to be a little softer, easier to squeeze.

Bike is a 93? Cables might be sticking.

RonJ83
03-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Yea, spend a lot of money for bling when you dont need to.
What is 'suspension day'?

accually i did, my levers were fudged so i decided that if i was gonna buy new levers im gonna support 3rd parties

soda7o
03-29-2006, 04:12 PM
I NEED THE SAME THING I WAS THINKIN ABOUT INVESTING INTO THOSE AFTER MARKET JOINTS BUT TO MUCH $$$ FOR ME FOR A LEVE.. ARE THER EANY BOOTLEGONES THAT ARE CHEAP.. I JUST NEED THE CLUCTHC LVER TO BE CLOSER TO THE HANDLE WITHOUT THE SLACK AND FREEPLAY..

RonJ83
03-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I NEED THE SAME THING I WAS THINKIN ABOUT INVESTING INTO THOSE AFTER MARKET JOINTS BUT TO MUCH $$$ FOR ME FOR A LEVE.. ARE THER EANY BOOTLEGONES THAT ARE CHEAP.. I JUST NEED THE CLUCTHC LVER TO BE CLOSER TO THE HANDLE WITHOUT THE SLACK AND FREEPLAY..

pm sent

RollingSuicide
03-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Mark, I may be able to modify a stock one for you if you want to....let me know.