PDA

View Full Version : WCW Thank You!!!! Good day today..KINDA LONG

Rev
03-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Well Took a ride up to WCW with Crystal and brought 3 of our buddies to do suspension work. I don't know any of the workers names but they are ALL unbelivable helpfull and nice. Walked in and small place but wow they have more stock then Chicken Broth (blah). The first one to get the bike tuned was crystal. They finished and she comes back with a big smile on her face. Said it made a world of difference. I was like ok..1 for 1. Next my boy goes. same results... 2 for 2...All of my friends go...OMG.. 4 for 4...NOW it's my turn...And wow...that's all i can say...as soon as i pulled out the lot towards the big red barn i felt a world of difference..the stiffness, response in turning, the braking..ROWR..

I highly suggest spending the 35 bucks they charge and do your suspension...Best $35 dollars I ever spent.

Oh and I walked out with SIDI vertigo boots and held gloves...

Crystal walked out with 3 cans of honda spray cleaner, integrated lights, double bubble and a beautiful smile.

Now my hand is the size of my ass cheek but hey...it was a good day riding...left at 10 this morning just got back 30 minutes ago....

Oh and joe and all the admins...THANK YOU..for you know what...that helped a lot...you guys are great..this site is great..

PitsVtec
03-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Mark said it all...I am totally pleased! I mentioned to Ron & Papa John how some recommended that I lower my bike due to my height. Just them doing the suspension was enough for me to change how I was riding. I was taking turns better and was loving it! They told me there was no need to lower my bike, although I wear bigger boots, they said I touch just fine. They also said the way my bike was set up was allowing the front to bounce more and the back end to be lighter - meaning I brake hard, my tail goes up. That is also b/c I don't have enough weight to keep the bike down, but that is all fixed now!

Thank you SBA for the GC.....I'm still trying to round up new members.

Qetesh
03-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Mark and Crystal, I'm glad you both had a positive experience at WCW! I'm not surprised though, since Ron and Papa John are awesome people :)

Mark, glad we could help ya out buddy ;)

PSYCHO1000R
03-12-2006, 12:14 AM
yeh, rons awsome!! he always hooks u up once u get to know him !! by hte way, did u guys see that zx-9 hes selling?

Cakes206
03-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Awesome...gald you all had a great time...its amazing how much of a difference a few clicks here, a turn there can make your bike feel like it was never yours...now it's really time to ride :nod2: WCW is great IMO, well worth the drive.

Redlinerider
03-12-2006, 02:29 AM
:lol: ron is the man!, now that robbie retired, poor old ron and poppa john must do all the work around the shop but, he seems more then happy to do so anyway!~! he hooked me up with the pipes for the cruiser, great rpice !! love it!!:lol:

and oh yes ! i'm getting a sportbike in a week, so i will need the suspention done as well, not like the other 4 bikes i have owned weren't done there as well.

congrats and good riding to you!!
D.

Cakes206
03-12-2006, 09:41 AM
and oh yes ! i'm getting a sportbike in a week

Nice...what ya gettin?

PitsVtec
03-12-2006, 11:03 AM
yeh, rons awsome!! he always hooks u up once u get to know him !! by hte way, did u guys see that zx-9 hes selling?

There were a few bikes there, I think the one your talking about was a race bike that they kept outside, but again I wasn't too concerned with them. Sorry!

Marker54
03-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Wow, thats sounds awsome. Now is it just a basic tune up all the way around? Or are they actually changing parts in and out?? Again, I'm new to riding, and ride an 04 Ninja 500r, Is this something I should look into? ***Would you recomend it to a new rider???

PitsVtec
03-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Wow, thats sounds awsome. Now is it just a basic tune up all the way around? Or are they actually changing parts in and out?? Again, I'm new to riding, and ride an 04 Ninja 500r, Is this something I should look into? ***Would you recomend it to a new rider???

I would tell anyone to get it done! But, do you plan on keeping your bike? If not get it done on your new bike. Reason: They tune the bike to your estimated weight, so the bike works with you instead of against you. For example, my bike was tuned for about a 200lb man...I am no man and I'm not anywhere near 200lbs. A couple of minor adjustments with some tools, made my bike totally different. There is no taking in and out parts...just some minor tweaking!

CBRBob
03-12-2006, 12:39 PM
It's always best to get the bike as close as you can even if you don't put in the right parts to make it 100%. Having a bike setup as close as possible to you is so much better than just riding it the way it cam. Don't ever rely on magazine settings, they are set on a bike that you dont own to a person that isnt you.

Rev
03-12-2006, 01:34 PM
as much as the bike is set up to who ever they did the specs to...it doesn't matter....when they pushed the bike foward and hit the brakes the bike bounced down up and down and up again..that happend to all of our bikes...but anyway..they are the bomb diggy

RaiderBeast
03-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Man I wish they were closer..

High_Revs_17
03-12-2006, 02:44 PM
I was like ok..1 for 1. Next my boy goes. same results... 2 for 2...All of my friends go...OMG.. 4 for 4...NOW it's my turn...And wow...that's all i can say...

What were you expecting?...The bike to handle worse than it did?...Momo...:lol:

That's great you were able to ride a full day this early in the season...seems you ride better than you drink! :LOL:

High_Revs_17
03-12-2006, 02:48 PM

Only need it done once a season at the begining, it's worth the stretch, and when it's done...you'll wish the ride back was longer.

Cakes206
03-12-2006, 02:56 PM

They have a customer that drives up from DC every now and then.

RaiderBeast
03-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Thinking of it, it's probably a 3-4 hour ride. I'm gonna have to check it out.

a25percentjap
03-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Stupid question, sorry. What is WCW and where is it? I'm in NJ and it would be nice to know a place to get that kind of work done. Thanks in advance:D

Redlinerider
03-13-2006, 12:43 AM
There were a few bikes there, I think the one your talking about was a race bike that they kept outside, but again I wasn't too concerned with them. Sorry!

its a nine from a friend of his that he is selling, selling as is and it was dropped on the track. no body or skins as is.

Redlinerider
03-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Nice...what ya gettin?

hey cakes, i'm actually talking to nick david and problably gonna buy his zx7 from him, it's a decent bike and it's in my price range for being the second bike, should get it this week if all goes well.

High_Revs_17
03-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Stupid question, sorry. What is WCW and where is it? I'm in NJ and it would be nice to know a place to get that kind of work done. Thanks in advance:D

http://www.washingtoncycleworks.com/

PitsVtec
03-13-2006, 01:24 AM

How far are you?

High_Revs_17
03-13-2006, 01:26 AM
How far are you?

http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23547&postcount=17 :shake:

shadoxkila
03-13-2006, 01:27 AM
wow place sounds awesome, do you guys call in advance or just show up and they take care of you? also is anyone gonna be heading down there again because I would love to hook up with you guys, if possible and you don't mind, and take a trip down and get it done. For something so inexpensive which you say helps so much, it almost doesn't make sense to not get it done. Hit me up...

~steve

High_Revs_17
03-13-2006, 01:34 AM
wow place sounds awesome, do you guys call in advance or just show up and they take care of you?

They're already very busy with track season around the corner so call to make an appt...get ready to experience your bike's handling the way it should be.

PitsVtec
03-13-2006, 11:00 AM
wow place sounds awesome, do you guys call in advance or just show up and they take care of you? also is anyone gonna be heading down there again because I would love to hook up with you guys, if possible and you don't mind, and take a trip down and get it done. For something so inexpensive which you say helps so much, it almost doesn't make sense to not get it done. Hit me up...

~steve

We have mentioned this to many people already and would be willing to take another ride out there. It is best to call in first and I've got things in order I could pick up to avoid the BS of shipping and returning if I don't like them...LOL

Cakes206
03-13-2006, 11:19 AM
We have mentioned this to many people already and would be willing to take another ride out there.

We're stting up another suspension day soon...stay tuned...

PitsVtec
03-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Cool beans, I'll take the ride again....:corn:

Gear Dog
03-13-2006, 12:59 PM

Cool hopefully I'll have enough time to set up a sitter for the kids.

RonJ83
03-13-2006, 01:03 PM
im gonna stop by WCW as soon as my bike is done, was suppose to go last year but held off on it cause of the incident lol

Rev
03-13-2006, 01:25 PM

make sure u tell me when you get it done..i got like 5 other peeps who wanna git er done

ffejtable
03-13-2006, 01:49 PM
They did the suspension on my first track bike during the run we did last year... I havent had the street bike done, but will probably get it done and ask for advice on what to change when I am riding 2up.

the place is far, but who cares if you are on the bike and its a nice day? the best part about going up there are the roads you get to drive on afterwards.

appointments this time of the year are a must unless you want to wait around all day...

looks like joe will set another suspension day up this year... something not to be missed!

Rev
03-13-2006, 01:59 PM
im gonna stop by WCW as soon as my bike is done, was suppose to go last year but held off on it cause of the incident lol

meep meep

xmonger
03-13-2006, 02:33 PM

The front forks on the 500R are not adjustable and I believe the rear shock is adjustable for spring preload only. IMHO, you'd be better off reading your manual and adding preload if you are a heavier rider or reducing preload if the opposite holds true. It's as easy as turning a wrench. If you want to be more precise do a search on "setting sag on a motorcycle". Streetbikes should have 30-35mm of static sag f & r (this is adjustable via spring preload)

My bike has a non adj front as well. I adjusted the preload via increasing the spring spacer length via pvc spacers. (a little more complex than turning a few knobs). The rear on the ZR7S has preload and rebound damping adjustments. I set those and after the front was done I ended up with a much better (safer) handling motorcycle (with reduced brake dive and on/off throttle weight transfer.)

Most bikes leave the showroom set up for a 150lb rider which is why tuning makes a big difference. Most riders on this forum have the luxury of having sportbikes with excellent suspensions that can be tuned relatively easily. (f/r preload, compression and rebound damping adjustments)

There are a couple of good write-ups here for suspension tuning :

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/suspension/

RonJ83
03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
meep meep

ummmm ok??? :uh:

Cakes206
03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
The front forks on the 500R are not adjustable and I believe the rear shock is adjustable for spring preload only.

My bike has a non adj front as well. I adjusted the preload via increasing the spring spacer length via pvc spacers. (a little more complex than turning a few knobs).

Had the same issue with my track sv650...front had no adjustability what so ever...front was set up from GMD when I bought it, but I needed set to my weight...which WCW took care of...also had them throw on preload caps. Rear is a Penski...shes set up perfect :nod2:

Kennedy
03-13-2006, 04:10 PM
The suspension on my bike 636 is so hard that they put everything out to try and set it for me and it was still not perfect, better but not perfect. Everything is all the way out.

njf4i
03-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Well if your thinking about getting it done, just go and do it. Like they all said, call ron ahead of time and set a appointment.

I get mine done every year, and usually get all my aftermarket parts from ron.

PitsVtec
03-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Well if your thinking about getting it done, just go and do it. Like they all said, call ron ahead of time and set a appointment.

I get mine done every year, and usually get all my aftermarket parts from ron.

every year...?

soda7o
03-13-2006, 06:27 PM
U can DOOO IT!!!

67GTONUT
03-13-2006, 10:34 PM
make sure u tell me when you get it done..i got like 5 other peeps who wanna git er done

+1

I want in on the next one also!!!!

njf4i
03-13-2006, 11:54 PM
every year...?
Yeah i get it adjusted every year. The first time they did it they spent 45 mins. getting the bike tuned in. Then i took it in last year (which was a year after the initial) and they did some fine tuning and what not. After a year of hard riding, new tires, and what not you get some suspension knocked out. Its always better to get it tuned right in. :)

tweake
03-14-2006, 11:45 AM
:nod2: i am game for the next ride up . :nod2:

Cakes206
03-14-2006, 12:22 PM
http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23690#post23690

njracer
03-14-2006, 06:16 PM
The suspension on my bike 636 is so hard that they put everything out to try and set it for me and it was still not perfect, better but not perfect. Everything is all the way out.

Yeah the suspension on the 636 is very harsh....the only way to fix it correctly is to have the shock and forks re-valved (Thermosman, CTR or Traxxion is best). The proper way to REALLY fix it is, fork re-valve (Penske or Ohlins internals) and a Penske/Ohlins/Elka rear shock.

njracer

Jake
03-17-2006, 01:29 AM
WCW are awesome. When I first got my bike, it would be all over the place when I was trying to enter a turn.. wobbling and shit. I can't believe it took me till near the end of the summer to get the suspension set up!