PDA

View Full Version : does it ever end?

ronin_01r1
03-08-2006, 12:12 PM
...the stuff you gotta do and get for your bike. what's next on your list of things to do/buy?

i recently got myself a 1 piece suit and race plastics....and still so many other things still remaining....here's my list in order of high to low priority.

- tires, probably pilot powers.
- suspension set up at WCW...they're awesome!
- gauntlet gloves for track.
- back protector.
- ss lines / pads.
- steering damper.
- track helmet, probably scorpian.
- enclosed trailer
- front stand
- paint kit for race plastics
- chatterbox

Cakes206
03-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Nope....NEVER ends when yer an addict ;)

Just had some work done to the track bike to get ready:
New tires
New clutch
Oil change
Sync the carbs/Dyno tune
Tweak the suspendion a tad
New helmet
Flush coolant(when it warms up)

HondaGalToo
03-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Nope, never ends. I've got a new set of leathers being made. Gotta put the forks back on my motorcycle and find someone(s) to help set sag. Flush antifreeze, replace with Water Wetter. Safety wire oil plug and filter. Get new tires. Change sparkplugs and air filter.

njracer
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Just had some work done to the track bike to get ready:

Tweak the suspendion a tad

More preload to compensate for the extra winter insulation you put on???:P

Cakes206
03-08-2006, 12:48 PM
More preload to compensate for the extra winter insulation you put on???:P

Bah...rebound for the rear was off a lil :P

RonJ83
03-08-2006, 12:53 PM
song, go to motomummy.com/forums, corey is going to do a GB on galfer SS lines $125 to your door.

njracer
03-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Bah...rebound for the rear was off a lil :P

Thats where most of the extra insulation was right???:roflmao:

ronin_01r1
03-08-2006, 01:06 PM
song, go to motomummy.com/forums, corey is going to do a GB on galfer SS lines $125 to your door.

kneedraggers has it for $109.. i was going to order other stuff to save on shipping. otherwise, check with WCW.. :)

Cakes206
03-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Thats where most of the extra insulation was right???:roflmao:

Damn you...I wasn't on the bike :tongue: :lol:

njracer
03-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Damn you...I wasn't on the bike :tongue: :lol:

Wait till ya get on the bike:roflmao:

RonJ83
03-08-2006, 02:21 PM
kneedraggers has it for $109.. i was going to order other stuff to save on shipping. otherwise, check with WCW.. :)

no im sayin 125 for both front & back.

ronin_01r1
03-08-2006, 02:25 PM
no im sayin 125 for both front & back.

good deal. thanks!

Cakes206
03-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Wait till ya get on the bike:roflmao:

I really hate you :roflmao:

High_Revs_17
03-08-2006, 02:29 PM
I'll be starting from scratch...I need to get a bike first.

njracer
03-08-2006, 02:30 PM
I really hate you :roflmao:

I know what will REALLY make ya hate me.........

When I go blazin past you on my Super Retard at Summit with it's MASSIVE 40hp!!:boogie:

njracer
03-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I'll be starting from scratch...I need to get a bike first.

I got a really nice, mint low mile 2004 SV 4 sale.:wave2:

Cakes206
03-08-2006, 03:02 PM
I know what will REALLY make ya hate me.........

When I go blazin past you on my Super Retard at Summit with it's MASSIVE 40hp!!:boogie:

F that...I'll throw a stick in the spokes :lol:

FigNewTon
03-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Damn...he took it back to neighborhood rules :lol:

njracer
03-08-2006, 03:28 PM

1st ya gotta catch me "Mr. kitty litter tester":wow: :wave2:

Cakes206
03-08-2006, 03:38 PM
1st ya gotta catch me "Mr. kitty litter tester":wow: :wave2:

That was a long time ago, I needed the money, oh wait...lol

Ok nuff thread jackin for one day...

ffejtable
03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Personally, I wouldnt waste a dime on doing your rear brake line...

I am mostly done spending money... I would like a damper and track plastics, but those are things that would be nice to have, but not really necessary... I actually bought a damper last year but I cant find the darn thing...

njracer
03-08-2006, 03:50 PM
That was a long time ago, I needed the money, oh wait...lol

Ok nuff thread jackin for one day...

Fine Mr. Crappypants.....

Anyway, for race season #11 there will be no new bike and I'll just have to make due with the 04 600. On another note, the WR426 will have a nice set of Super Retard wheels on it for the 4 race series at E-town and some LW/single races at Summit.

Thats it for this year.

SPRHK
03-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh gee, lets see..........

for the 900RR:
1-DYNO RUN AT WCW. (just insalled megacycle race cams and APE adj. cam sprockets)
2- AFAM sprockets and new chain
3-new frame sliders
4-Bridgestone BT002's

For the VTR1000:
1- hyperpro steering stabilizer mount
2- Coerce racing carbon fiber full lower fairing

For the Shadow:
1- new tires
2- new dragbars

for the SRX600:
1- battery eliminator
2- Workes rear shocks
3- Vortex clip-ons

i'm sure there's more, It's all I can think of right now

PitsVtec
03-18-2006, 01:20 AM
I just got in my integrated tail light and my smoke screen...got to put them on tomorrow. BTW Ronin, I saw your website....looks good!

njf4i
03-18-2006, 03:36 AM
umm i'm gonna have new wheel stripes and thats about it.

If i get some extra $$$ i'm gonna have ron at wcw put on some SS lines for me and some new diablo corsas.

Thats a big iffffffff

ronin_01r1
03-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Personally, I wouldnt waste a dime on doing your rear brake line...

I am mostly done spending money... I would like a damper and track plastics, but those are things that would be nice to have, but not really necessary... I actually bought a damper last year but I cant find the darn thing...

the only reason i bought race plastics was so i can make money off my stock plastics if i do go down...on top of my insurance money kicking in to help me out.

the damper is on the horizon, but quite a few ppl tell me that i don't need it, but it's nice to have. and i'll probably go with just the front brakes.

ronin_01r1
03-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Oh gee, lets see..........

for the 900RR:
1-DYNO RUN AT WCW. (just insalled megacycle race cams and APE adj. cam sprockets)
2- AFAM sprockets and new chain
3-new frame sliders
4-Bridgestone BT002's

For the VTR1000:
1- hyperpro steering stabilizer mount
2- Coerce racing carbon fiber full lower fairing

For the Shadow:
1- new tires
2- new dragbars

for the SRX600:
1- battery eliminator
2- Workes rear shocks
3- Vortex clip-ons

i'm sure there's more, It's all I can think of right now

what's a battery eliminator?

and this is probably a very basic question, but i must ask. what is the benefit of clip-ons?

ronin_01r1
03-18-2006, 08:08 AM
I just got in my integrated tail light and my smoke screen...got to put them on tomorrow. BTW Ronin, I saw your website....looks good!

hopefully ur rear signals are easier to see than mine. ppl can't seem to see them at all during the day and at night, barely. now that's the sort of thing that worries me riding in traffic. i've been thinking of adding secondary, brighter rear signals because of this. i saw someone with signals on the underside of the rear pegs.. also, what website are u talking about? my xanga? or myspace?

ronin_01r1
03-18-2006, 08:11 AM
umm i'm gonna have new wheel stripes and thats about it.

If i get some extra $$$ i'm gonna have ron at wcw put on some SS lines for me and some new diablo corsas.

Thats a big iffffffff

nice. are u on the same set from last year? how many miles are you getting out of those? what are they supposed to last?

i was going to go with corsas, but decided to go with pilot powers instead. i'll probably try the corsas after the pilot powers depending how i feel about them later this year.

Kennedy
03-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Usual mileage for Diablo Corsa is 3000

SPRHK
03-18-2006, 06:27 PM
what's a battery eliminator?

and this is probably a very basic question, but i must ask. what is the benefit of clip-ons?
Battery eliminator Does away with the battery. The SRX, like many dirtbikes doesn't need a battery to run. It just needs something to complete the circuit. I'm no electronics wizard , but I think it has a few diodes and what not in it. It also maintains a more constant voltage than a battery does at idle. The draw back is you have to have a kickstart, and you lose all your indicator lights until the bikes starts. They do not work on all bikes either. You can get more ino if you want at www.bat-pac.com.
The advantage of clip-ons is adjustability. The SRX has factory clip-ons that are non adjustable. The angle and pullback are a little uncomfortable to me. Aftermarket clip-ons , even though the angle is unadjustable, I can change the pull-back by rotating the clamp on the forktube. I can also raise and lower them on the fork tube to my liking and comfort.
Hope that wasn't too long winded.

Kennedy
03-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Most aftermarket clip ons also let you just replace the bar itself instead of like stock which are all connected...so its cost effective for when you crash.

MrQuickR1
03-20-2006, 11:16 AM
a new bottle of wax

HookRone
03-20-2006, 12:03 PM
New tires in Oct '05
suspension - WCW
trailer hitch
track pants
back protector

Jake
03-20-2006, 08:01 PM
After chopping up the fairings, I don't think I have any further plans for cosmetic mods. Which only leaves suspension and a new pair of gloves.

ffejtable
03-21-2006, 08:43 AM
the only reason i bought race plastics was so i can make money off my stock plastics if i do go down...on top of my insurance money kicking in to help me out.

the damper is on the horizon, but quite a few ppl tell me that i don't need it, but it's nice to have. and i'll probably go with just the front brakes.

No more street riding?

I dont need track plastics, which is why I have been holding off on them for now... My bike doesnt need a damper like some of these new 6s that are insanely light in the front end, but it would still be nice to have. I'll wind up getting one that I can swap back and forth between the tack and street bikes easily.

$50 saved not doing the rear line is $50 closer to something more useful. :)

I am probably going to swap calipers before my first Pocono date... I am pretty sure the calipers on the track bike need a good cleaning.

ronin_01r1
03-21-2006, 08:53 AM
No more street riding?

I dont need track plastics, which is why I have been holding off on them for now... My bike doesnt need a damper like some of these new 6s that are insanely light in the front end, but it would still be nice to have. I'll wind up getting one that I can swap back and forth between the tack and street bikes easily.

$50 saved not doing the rear line is $50 closer to something more useful. :)

I am probably going to swap calipers before my first Pocono date... I am pretty sure the calipers on the track bike need a good cleaning.

this year, i'm sure i will do much more street riding than track. i'm guessing i'll do about 3-4 trackdays this year. i want to take a few long weekend type trips...so i got myself a ventura luggage rack. it seems rock solid.

i ordered tires yesterday. 250 for pilot powers shipped. 120/190 combo. next up are the ss lines/pads, windscreen, and back protector. :nod2:

ffejtable
03-21-2006, 09:12 AM
this year, i'm sure i will do much more street riding than track. i'm guessing i'll do about 3-4 trackdays this year. i want to take a few long weekend type trips...so i got myself a ventura luggage rack. it seems rock solid.

i ordered tires yesterday. 250 for pilot powers shipped. 120/190 combo. next up are the ss lines/pads, windscreen, and back protector. :nod2:

Race plastics usually implies no headlight, thats where you lost me.. :) You dont have anything else other than the R1, doya? Have you signed up for ART Basic yet? What date?

I will probably be doing some weekend trips well, we need to discuss! :) I got myself the tourmaster coretech sport bags for the occassion... :)

$250 for those powers is pretty good.... I had those on my track bike last year, I loved them...

When you do the lines, see if you can get somebody with a MityVac, it will make the process take much less time.. I have one, which you are welcome to use, but I am a bit far. :)

ronin_01r1
03-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Race plastics usually implies no headlight, thats where you lost me.. :) You dont have anything else other than the R1, doya? Have you signed up for ART Basic yet? What date?

I will probably be doing some weekend trips well, we need to discuss! :) I got myself the tourmaster coretech sport bags for the occassion... :)

$250 for those powers is pretty good.... I had those on my track bike last year, I loved them...

When you do the lines, see if you can get somebody with a MityVac, it will make the process take much less time.. I have one, which you are welcome to use, but I am a bit far. :)

several ppl have said i will get tired of switching all my plastics out with the race plastics...but i figure it's not going to be every other week so it should be ok. the r1 is my only bike so it'll be for both street and track.. if i really get into it, i figure i can look for a track bike for next year. i'm signed up and paid for my first trackday at PIR 4/16.. i'm planning to ride up to chill with those going on 4/8..

What trips have you been thinking about? I'm down for 3 day weekend type trips. i'm not definitely set on where i'll go this year, but DSH and have talked about....New Hampshire, Shendandoah / Blue Ridge Parkway area, Nova Scotia, Upstate NY, Deal's Gap.

For the SS lines, a friend in philly is going to help me. He has a vacuum bleeder...he says it only takes a few minutes.

Additional items to "my list"....it never ends.

- MityVac
- tire changer

ffejtable
03-21-2006, 11:55 AM
several ppl have said i will get tired of switching all my plastics out with the race plastics...but i figure it's not going to be every other week so it should be ok. the r1 is my only bike so it'll be for both street and track.. if i really get into it, i figure i can look for a track bike for next year. i'm signed up and paid for my first trackday at PIR 4/16.. i'm planning to ride up to chill with those going on 4/8..

What trips have you been thinking about? I'm down for 3 day weekend type trips. i'm not definitely set on where i'll go this year, but DSH and have talked about....New Hampshire, Shendandoah / Blue Ridge Parkway area, Nova Scotia, Upstate NY, Deal's Gap.

For the SS lines, a friend in philly is going to help me. He has a vacuum bleeder...he says it only takes a few minutes.

Additional items to "my list"....it never ends.

- MityVac
- tire changer

I really have no set weekend trips planned, and it really doesnt matter too much, as long as I am riding, it doesnt matter... Some/Most of them may be 2 up, depending on how well she holds up.. Been trying to get her to learn to ride for herself, but she is a little reluctant.

All those trips look good, and I can probably do a few 3 day trips, although my vacation time for the year is running low already as I plan do be taking 5 days off first week of may to hit up Shannonville and Tremblant. Leaving early on Fridays and getting home late sunday is probably what most of my trips will involve...

Yeah the front lines are at most an hour with the mityvac... should be much shorter, but there are always strange problems that come up...

I've been dong my own tire changes lately and even helped John (jersey600r onthe other forum) put the powers on e bought from me last week.. what should have taken an hour took almost 3, but we ran into some really stubborn old tires that didnt like to come off. Taking tires off is definately MUCH harder than putting them on. A second person is also very helpful to have around, but not really required. All I bought were 2 8" C-clamps from home depot (about $15 each), and a 4 pack of "Champion" tire irons from sears for $10... The craftsman ones are much more expensive, and for what I will be using them for, the cheap ones are fine. I have yet to find the need to balance tires.. It seems that if anything is off, its the wheel, and the weights already on the wheel are there to balance them. The tires these days seem to be made very uniformly.

I have a great DIY tire changing link, but I cant seem to find it at the moment...

ahhh, found it... http://www.clarity.net/~adam/tire-changing.html

ronin_01r1
03-21-2006, 01:19 PM
I really have no set weekend trips planned, and it really doesnt matter too much, as long as I am riding, it doesnt matter... Some/Most of them may be 2 up, depending on how well she holds up.. Been trying to get her to learn to ride for herself, but she is a little reluctant.

All those trips look good, and I can probably do a few 3 day trips, although my vacation time for the year is running low already as I plan do be taking 5 days off first week of may to hit up Shannonville and Tremblant. Leaving early on Fridays and getting home late sunday is probably what most of my trips will involve...

Yeah the front lines are at most an hour with the mityvac... should be much shorter, but there are always strange problems that come up...

I've been dong my own tire changes lately and even helped John (jersey600r onthe other forum) put the powers on e bought from me last week.. what should have taken an hour took almost 3, but we ran into some really stubborn old tires that didnt like to come off. Taking tires off is definately MUCH harder than putting them on. A second person is also very helpful to have around, but not really required. All I bought were 2 8" C-clamps from home depot (about $15 each), and a 4 pack of "Champion" tire irons from sears for $10... The craftsman ones are much more expensive, and for what I will be using them for, the cheap ones are fine. I have yet to find the need to balance tires.. It seems that if anything is off, its the wheel, and the weights already on the wheel are there to balance them. The tires these days seem to be made very uniformly.

I have a great DIY tire changing link, but I cant seem to find it at the moment...

ahhh, found it... http://www.clarity.net/~adam/tire-changing.html

that link is awesome. thanks!