PDA

View Full Version : Well Ism409

njf4i
06-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Since i think you had your first track day with the new bike, lets hear a report.

Was it what you thought it was gonna be? Or would you rather go back to your honda?

Details Details Details :nod2:

CBRBob
06-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Ask him after he remembers to turn his fuel ON.............................

carl_g
06-08-2005, 12:02 PM
At first I ran out of gas and I was like: "why did I sell the Honda" I thought maybe I was about to melt a piston or something.. but when bob and some other coaches troubleshooting advice, along with ant's.. I filled up that tank and it ran like hell.

I really did not get the hang of riding it until the last couple sessions on the North course..
All I can say for now is.. other then getting killed on the straits the bike is the a blast to ride. It is hard to ride fast you have to constantly shift to keep in the revs. The brakes are amazing!!!!! It weighs a 100 lbs less then the F4i.

I am very happy that I got this bike for now. I have wanted to get it for like 3 years..so I finally am riding my dream bike. :)

motopix
06-18-2005, 08:22 AM
It took me a couple of trackdays to start feeling comfortable and trust the 250. Each time out is better than the last. The way you can brake WAY late and just chuck it into a turn really takes some recalibrating.

I still go into turns a gear too low sometimes but I'm getting better at keeping it in the powerband. One thing I have noticed is that I'm alot more active on this bike than any other I've ridden before. I guess because in the past, I could be lazy and make up for my lack of technique with throttle. Now I moving all over the bike and making use of my legs alot more. Even got the knees down at Summit last time. FINALLY, I'm using better body position. Still gotta work on that though.

Here's a pic of me laying down a smokescreen when heading out...

carl_g
06-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Damn dude.. I dont think my bike smokes that much.. HOLY SMOKE! :lol:

motopix
06-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I don't know if it's jetted too rich (don't think so from the looks of the plugs) or maybe the oil I use (Motul 800 premix). But it stops once I get on the track and the compression is good. It's done it since the day I got it.

Vin
06-19-2005, 09:34 AM

Very Spy Hunter. Awesome picture!

motopix
06-19-2005, 02:58 PM
No smoke when up to speed/temp

carl_g
06-20-2005, 10:00 AM
wow you are running pre mix??? Mine is bone stock with the oil injector.. I am going to leave it that way I think.

motopix
06-21-2005, 08:39 AM
wow you are running pre mix??? Mine is bone stock with the oil injector.. I am going to leave it that way I think.

Yeah my bike is an ex-racer from Texas and it came setup for premix. I was a little hesitant about that at first but all the big RS250 shops in the U.S. seem to recommend that for a race bike. It does eliminate a few pounds and the possibility that there will be a failure in the oiling system (which I hear is pretty rare).

It's much less hassle than I expected. I have a gas jug dedicated to premix. I fill it with the proper amount of oil and fill it with gas before I get to the track. Since it's synthetic oil, there are no storage or seperation issues if I don't use all the premixed gas. In fact, I stored 4 gallons of premix gas over the winter (5-6 months) and used it my first time at Summmit; no problems.

Cakes206
06-27-2005, 07:08 AM

Yup, that looks familiar :lol:

Vin
08-05-2005, 11:51 PM
:twosmokes