PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any nj salvage title info?

duc748pilot
02-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Im looking to get my title on my race bike cleaned. Its currently a salvage title. I know it may be a long process but if anyone has attempted this or has done this before shed some light on the subject please.

Xracer264
02-27-2006, 06:50 PM
I tried it with an old race bike of mine. the DMV wants to know the history of a majority of the parts. They try to match serial# of frame to motor and other similiar items. This was in 1995 or 1996. Not sure if it has changed. I went out and bought a frame with a clean title and switched it over.

duc748pilot
02-27-2006, 07:04 PM
well all my #'s are good. everything is the same....engine, frame, etc etc. so that wont be a problem. the salvage title is in my name. would they want receipts for like subframes and rearsets and shit?

CBRBob
02-27-2006, 07:58 PM
You can't change it from salvage to clean anymore unless you know someone in MVC when you initally register the vehicle. Once the VIN is in the computer, it's done.

soda7o
02-27-2006, 07:58 PM
yes pilot they woudl and i think in NJ jus tliek IN NY its apain and the state police dept has to inspect the bike and etc... all the reciepts and.... sinc eit was totaled in your name the INS companyshoudl have had a report listing everythign wrong with it nd what made it a salvage biek.. youhave to present reciepts for those parts...
plus to top it off teh bike has to have reflectors and be allstock (have the giant mud flap and etc...)

its a pain but possible..

soda7o
02-27-2006, 08:00 PM
You can't change it from salvage to clean anymore unless you know someone in MVC when you initally register the vehicle. Once the VIN is in the computer, it's done.

bob is that aNJ only thing...?

Xracer264
02-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Why do you want to get a clean title? Are you trying to sell it as a street or track bike?

Cakes206
02-28-2006, 10:01 AM

Don't quote me on this, but I think theres a way to get it "Salvage Restored" or something along those lines...came up in a convo some people were having a few years ago.

duc748pilot
02-28-2006, 10:20 AM
i want to be able to register it and ride it on the street a little between races. mainly to commute.

theres got to be a way. it says it right on the letter i got back from my insurance company with the salvage title. that it must be inspected after repaired by dmv.

Cakes206
02-28-2006, 10:30 AM
theres got to be a way. it says it right on the letter i got back from my insurance company with the salvage title. that it must be inspected after repaired by dmv.

Well there you go...I don't think the title will ever state "clean" after it's been salvaged...but you can register it once the proper steps have been taken care of. Maybe start by calling the ins. company...see if they can point you in the right direction.

soda7o
02-28-2006, 11:02 AM
you will have A R title or rebuilt/retored title

PitsVtec
02-28-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm looking into it for you.

CBRBob
02-28-2006, 10:50 PM
I bought my 929 from a place in NY as a salvage. I titled it in NJ and had to go through the inspection process, receips etc. The title says salvage on it. You can at that point register and insure it as normal.