PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

Stealth ZX9R
02-21-2006, 10:51 AM
I just joined sportbikeaddicts.com and thought I would post since I'm new. I just got my first bike 2 weeks ago, and have only riden it about 200 miles so far, seeing as how the weather keeps getting a little warm then really sucky on the weekends. I know I probably got too big a bike to start out with but I looked and looked for one I could afford around where I live that was used and I was first looking for around a used 600cc bike but I couldn't find one I could afford and one near me. So I found an 03 ZX9R which does weigh quiet a lot, yeah the 900 is not the premier choice of beginner bike and but it isn't like most of the newer bikes. It does have a lot of power but it is delivered differently than most newer bikes, it doesn't have as much low and midrange power of even the newer 600s but it does have more topend than most but you have to hit about 8ks rpm before you reach that point and by then your over the speed limit as well. Seeing as how I don't want to get a ticket and don't want to crash I am being very careful with this bike, its heavier wieght helps a lot, its very stable, don't get me wrong the bike is very fast of course but I am trying to learn still and am being very careful and keeping it to a very reasonable speed, if I do speed it is only about 5-10mph over the limit which is usually 45mph around here. I wouldn't recommend a bike of this caliber to anyone else starting to ride but I really couldn't find a 600cc or smaller bike near me and what I could afford at the time. Please don't bash me about getting such a big bike because I will respect the bike and be very careful and not use much of its powerful potential because I don't want to get hurt nor break my newly bought bike. I hope I can become a very active member here.

Cakes206
02-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the site...you seem to have a somewhat good head on yer shoulders...common sense is key. You're bike is no sloutch by any means...respect it and it'll respect you back. The moment one gets the "It'll never happen to me" type attitude, the bike can/will bite back. Go out and have fun...any questions we're here to help...g'luck :biggthump

How'd you hear about the site?

Kurts1000RR
02-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Welcome to SBA Stealth. :wave2: Glad to hear you have a good head on your shoulders. Ride safe.

CBRBob
02-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Welcome!

2 things. Take a break by making a new paragraph now and then. Why is your first post just an apology of the bike you bought?

Enjoy and ride safe.

Cakes206
02-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Why is your first post just an apology of the bike you bought?

Sounds like hes gotten flammed on other site(s).

Kennedy
02-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Sounds like hes gotten flammed on other site(s).

Exactly, welcome to the site.

Taz
02-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Welcome! :wave2:

tweake
02-21-2006, 11:54 AM
welcome i am new here myself and u will find some really cool guys and girls here .from what i can tell no 1 here is going to flame u about the bike u ride truth be told a 600cc i4 will bite u in the ass just as fast as a liter class bike will if u don't have a good head about it . 100+hp is 100+hp if u don't respect it it will make u respect it ! so on welcome to 1 of the best sites around :wave2:

and congrats on ur zx9r 1 of the best street sportbikes out there imo

Stealth ZX9R
02-21-2006, 01:30 PM
I haven't gotten flamed on other sites, this is the first sportbike site I have been a part of. I had just seen where other's had gotten flammed for getting a 600cc and up bike as thier first and was just explaining my reason for getting this particular bike. I have ridden the bike about 200 miles so far and absolutely love it.
Does anyone know any good sites that have a lot of ZX9R parts and accessories? I have found some parts but they are all seperated into different sites and I can't seem to find one that has a lot of stuff for this bike. Does anyone else have an 03 or any year ZX9R? Any help or info on this bike is greatly appreciated.

Kennedy
02-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Us kawasaki guys gotta stick together, check out kawiforums.com

High_Revs_17
02-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Welcome to SBA

Don't worry about that bike being a bit "out dated" compared to the new one's cuz I've seen that exact bike in action, and believe me when I tell you it'll be a long time before you can outride it in the twisties...good luck with it!

PitsVtec
02-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Hello & Welcome

Roxy26
02-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Welcome!! :wave2:

JasonB
02-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the site and enjoy. Ride your own ride and if you cant keep up dont try.

Cakes206
02-21-2006, 03:23 PM
How'd you hear bout the site?

wcrbikemike
02-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Welcome and enjoy the bike.

FigNewTon
02-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Welcome to SBA stealth

Just take your time and you will be fine. If you have any questions do not hesitate to post them as there are a lot of knowledgable members that would be happy to answer them.

njf4i
02-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Welcome to SBA :wave2: Oh and congrats on the new bike. I'm sure there are plenty of fun days planned for you and your bike. Enjoy them.

soda7o
02-21-2006, 07:29 PM
ride really really really fastand wrecless..

Qetesh
02-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Stealth :wave2: Welcome to SBA! You'll find some really great people here to ride with and shoot the poop with too!

You should do a trackday this year too. Check out www.teampromotion.com

BTW - how'd ya hear about the site?

Stealth ZX9R
02-22-2006, 08:33 AM
I was just looking for some info on the bike and started looking at different forums and that's when I came upon this site. It seemed like a very informative an popular site for posting where everyone is active so I decided to join and am happy I did. I don't know if there is any tracks in WV or close by but that would be a good idea to do something like that.

Qetesh
02-22-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't know if there is any tracks in WV or close by but that would be a good idea to do something like that.

As a matter of fact, there is a track in WV. It's called Summit Raceway! And you can check it out right here http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/

Teampromotion does quite a few dates at this facility. You can see the schedule here www.teampromotion.com

Cakes206
02-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Yea man...Summit Point...exit 5 from 81s.

EDIT: Wait...I saw you posted this..."I live near Charleston, WV." You're practically at the track already! I might be crashin at yer place :lol: :lol:

Stealth ZX9R
02-22-2006, 11:46 AM
I looked it up and actually it's still about 4-5 hours away, summit point is at the panhandle of WV, I'm near the capitol. Anyone from MD can probably get there faster than me, oh well I'll probably make the trip eventually.

High_Revs_17
02-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I looked it up and actually it's still about 4-5 hours away, summit point is at the panhandle of WV, I'm near the capitol. Anyone from MD can probably get there faster than me, oh well I'll probably make the trip eventually.

If you're going to be heading that far you might as well book 2 consecutive track days and stay overnight at a hotel nearby. You won't have to worry about riding that far cuz you'll be trailing the bike and your equiptment.

Cakes206
02-22-2006, 11:57 AM

Oh wait...nevermind...its CHARLES TOWN thats only like 8 miles away...but it can't be 4-5 from you...its 4 hours exact from Wayne, NJ.

Stealth ZX9R
02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah its probably around 3-3 1/2 hours, mapquest is never right, plus with my speeding I will be faster anyway. I'm so glad I have a radar detector in my truck. Thanks for the help so far guys. So does anyone know of any sites where I can get parts and such for my ZX9R, I would like to find a place that has a lot not just a lot of sites with only very few things for it if you catch my drift.

Cakes206
02-22-2006, 12:15 PM
What kind of part you looking for? Stock OEM? Aftermarket?

For stock OEM check out http://www.ronayers.com/index.cfm they're the largest company for OEM.

For aftermarket stuff theres a ton of places http://parts411.com/ to name one.

And if you're looking for race stuff, or any stuff for that matter, call up Ron from Washington Cycle Works here in NJ 908-835-0043(see the banner in rotation at the top of the site)...he'll hook you up and ship you whatever you need. Tell him you're from the site.