PDA

View Full Version : Removing sticker/decal from bike

Jake
06-04-2005, 08:59 PM
The guy who previously owned my F3 put two "Elite Edition" stickers or something on the front of the bike. I think it kinda looks gay because one of them is half ripped off and it takes away from the entirely blacked out front, and also there is no CBR "Elite Edition" at least that I'm aware of. I've heard that to make removal easy, all you have to do is heat them up good with a hair dryer? Will there be any sticky residue that I need to get rid of, and if there is should I use something like goo gone or not. Thanks.

Vin
06-04-2005, 09:39 PM
The guy who previously owned my F3 put two "Elite Edition" stickers or something on the front of the bike. I think it kinda looks gay because one of them is half ripped off and it takes away from the entirely blacked out front, and also there is no CBR "Elite Edition" at least that I'm aware of. I've heard that to make removal easy, all you have to do is heat them up good with a hair dryer? Will there be any sticky residue that I need to get rid of, and if there is should I use something like goo gone or not. Thanks.

Hair dryer and a thumbnail. Use Goo Gone on the residue.

Qetesh
06-04-2005, 10:34 PM
You can also use Honda Polish to remove the glue like residue once the sticker is removed ;)

IrocRob
06-05-2005, 11:32 AM
I stripped all the decals off of my bike with a hair
dryer and then WD-40.
If you use a heat gun, BE VERY CAREFUL.
Heat guns can blister the paint almost as fast as the decal.
And NEVER, EVER use laquer thinner or enamel reducer as
these may eat right through the paint with no effort at all.

Good Luck

Cakes206
06-05-2005, 06:13 PM
So even something with not much power like a hair dryer could damage the paint as well??

Sould be fine with a hair dryer...just keep it on low and a few inches from the fairing...heat gun is different.

Bullshark
06-05-2005, 08:09 PM
i used hair drier and some citra solv.. worked great.. goo gone is some amazing stuff also.. good luck and post pics :)

Bullshark
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
good job, where the pics at?

CBRBob
06-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Yes a hair dryer on low and 3M Adhesive remover(works better than googone or wd or honda polish). Once all residue is off, Handa polish to finish.

Bullshark
06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
maybe, I'm always comin thru jersey..