PDA

View Full Version : GEICO - NJ

ffejtable
02-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Ok... so I was thrilled when Geico started offering auto inusrance in NJ... My insurance premium was cut in half.... So last May when they started offering Bike insurance I was eager to switch over.... Well... like most of you, I was extremely disappointed when they gave me a quote that was more than double than I was currently paying (with Foremost) and more than I was paying for my truck..

I gave them some time to sort things out, thinking they would realize sooner or later that their rates were completely out of line.... A friend with a Vstar 1100 however did manage to get a reasonable rate with them, leading me to believe they just didnt want to insure sportbikes...

So I call them up today.... $1767!!! Pretty much what they had quoted me last year. I was talking to the rep a little, and said this was basically a polite way of saying "No Thanks".... She insisted that it had nothing to do with it being a sportbike and more to do with my driving history... I told her that was not even close to being true. She then looked up the premium for a Vstar 1100, and sure enough... $367.... She tried to backpeddle a little bit on her previous statements, and it was really quite humorous..

Cakes206
02-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Yup...thats f'n bs...its the only reason I had to sell the sv.

njracer
02-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Yup...thats f'n bs...its the only reason I had to sell the sv.

Yo dumbass....why didn't you just get your ins thru State Farm?? My ins on the RC51 went from $1400ish thru Rider to $450ish thru State Farm (call 732-679-7775 and ask for Jerry....he will hook ya up).

I was paying $3400+ thru rider for the RC, 2 GSXR's and an SV.....now I pay $1400 for everything. Yes I did move my truck ins over to them (and it cost about $150 more) but the cash I saved on the bikes was worth it.

So cakes......I'm gonna slap U in the head when I see ya for being a dope and not checking around for Ins.:wave2:

njracer

Cakes206
02-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Doesn't matter...bike is sold now anyway. Did you switch your truck ins willingly or did you have to in order to get the bikes ins under them? I got NJM for the truck and not about to change...they're the best in the country.

For shits n giggles I'm gonna call SF and see what it would of been...

soda7o
02-10-2006, 06:17 PM
everytime i call SF they say they dont insure bieks ..no mater if i have te hosue an dcars with them

High_Revs_17
02-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Did you switch your truck ins willingly or did you have to in order to get the bikes ins under them?

I'm gonna call SF and see what it would of been...

SF offers a discount on multiple motorvehicle policies, but you don't have to do so to get cheaper rates in general being they already have very competitive rates on single motorvehicle policies.

Why didn't you check the rates for that bike before you bought it?

High_Revs_17
02-10-2006, 06:23 PM
everytime i call SF they say they dont insure bieks ..no mater if i have te hosue an dcars with them

You either have a horrible amount of points or they don't do so in PA and/or NY...but I'm not 100% sure on that. When I spoke to the SF rep in NJ he said he'd cover a bike for me.

RCM78
02-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I also have NJM. Not about to switch to state farm for my Valk. That bike is only $560 for full coverage...

Smokes35
02-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Well children... I can tell you this...

The reason your sport bike is 2 grand a year to insure and your harley or cruiser is 400 is becuase...

ya ready for this one???

IDIOTS WRECK SPORTBIKES FAST.

as an agent i get fun statistics. According to progressive, a new sportbike, 600s 750s and 1ks all alike... 95% are totaled in the first year... 72% in the fist 3 months, just less than 45% are totaled in the first month alone...

Is it the 40 something on a harley that wrecks? no.

Is it the 20 something on his first bike? You bet. Of course your first bike has to be a gixxer or R1 or something. No one would dare start on a 250 or a dual sport for their first street bike.

Think about it-- we all have a fair amount of experience and we'll all admit the power of these bikes can get you into trouble in a hurry.

Whats happened is directly connected to technology-- These insurance companies can run reports based on any defining charateristic of an insurance policy... they can tell you based on birthday who has more accidents statistically. The more u know about the risk, the better they can asses the average pay out. Its complexity makes it simple.

Look at it this way... it safe to say everyone has wreck, right? at one time or another we all go down.

Now-- take your new gixxer 1k and go buy all new body work... i bet its pretty close to 1500 bucks from the dealership. its easy to total out bikes with the cost of replacement parts. Thats why u see bikes with cosemtic damage in slavage yards. Since these are the bikes that get wrecked the most-- these are the bikes that cost the most to insure.

Sport bikes are the ones that get flipped doing wheelies, fly into a million pieces when u hit anything going at any speed... Unfortunately for you, the insurance industry has caught up and they've dont extensive work on their actuaries. Its great for me, cuz these idots pay 2 grand a year and i make 15% commission... YYYAAAYYY!!!

Cakes206
02-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Smokes, you get access to ins info in other countries? I can almost bet anything that in other countries where its mandatory to start on smaller cc's then retest to move up, the ins has to be significantly different.

Kurts1000RR
02-11-2006, 01:55 AM
Yo dumbass....why didn't you just get your ins thru State Farm?? My ins on the RC51 went from $1400ish thru Rider to $450ish thru State Farm (call 732-679-7775 and ask for Jerry....he will hook ya up).

I was paying $3400+ thru rider for the RC, 2 GSXR's and an SV.....now I pay $1400 for everything. Yes I did move my truck ins over to them (and it cost about $150 more) but the cash I saved on the bikes was worth it.

So cakes......I'm gonna slap U in the head when I see ya for being a dope and not checking around for Ins.:wave2:

njracer

You have to have an automobile insured with them in order to insure your bike. Doesnt work for me. I dont pay for my car or insurance.

MrQuickR1
02-11-2006, 10:05 AM
I called Geico to see about insuring my truck. They quoted me like $862 per 6 months. I told her how with the mileage on the vehicle and they never checked my record and so on, so she came back with a quote of a little over $400 per 6 months.:jerkit:

Now I get my renewal bill for Rider yesterday. I was paying full insurance ~$640 per year. The new bill is now $1043:wtf:
Apparently they restructured their areas as high risk zones and whatever.
I will be calling them 1st thing Monday to square this away. Good for agents, but bad for us, I'm tired of getting fucked by these companies.
I have 0 points, I haven't put in a claim ever, and they reward you by raising your shit??
Fuck them

Kurts1000RR
02-11-2006, 10:17 AM
I called Geico to see about insuring my truck. They quoted me like $862 per 6 months. I told her how with the mileage on the vehicle and they never checked my record and so on, so she came back with a quote of a little over $400 per 6 months.:jerkit:

Now I get my renewal bill for Rider yesterday. I was paying full insurance ~$640 per year. The new bill is now $1043:wtf:
I will be calling them 1st thing Monday to square this away. Good for agents, but bad for us, I'm tired of getting fucked by these companies.
I have 0 points, I haven't put in a claim ever, and they reward you by raising your shit??
Fuck them

They more than doubled the rates on 1000cc too.

ffejtable
02-13-2006, 09:11 AM
smokes, thats for stating the obvious.

it was just funny how this chick at geico kept insisting my rate wasnt because it was a sportbike, and then when she looked up the cruiser it was more than 75% cheaper...

Geico also wanted more than double than I was currently paying.... I dont know of ANYBODY that got even a reasonable quote from Geico for a sportbike, no matter how many years riding exp they had, how old they were, etc... Heck, theoretically liability only should be pennies, since afterall a sportbike can't cause all that much damage, right? I bet their liability only is more than the full coverage I currently have....

HondaGalToo
02-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah, what smokes said. Sportbikes are a lot more to insure than any other bike with the same displacement, for the reasons he stated.

State Farm wasn't writing policies in NJ for awhile, but I believe they are again now. But, you do have to have your car insurance with them as well. I got lucky and sneaked in and got bike insurance with them before they made the rule about having your car ins. with them. I also have NJM and there is no way I'd switch. If I couldn't get SF, well, I'd just insure with someone else for liability only.

PitsVtec
02-13-2006, 10:35 AM
I switched to GEICO maybe in December of 2004. I saved about $1500.00 per year. I originally had State Farm and they were charging me $3600.00 for my 2001 Eclipse. Then they sneakily put my step-father on my policy without my knowledge, trying to tell me that my mother never provided proof of coverage for him - BULLSHIT! STATE FARM INSURANCE CAN EAT A BOWL OF DICK!!!

Smokes35
02-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I switched to GEICO maybe in December of 2004. I saved about $1500.00 per year. I originally had State Farm and they were charging me $3600.00 for my 2001 Eclipse. Then they sneakily put my step-father on my policy without my knowledge, trying to tell me that my mother never provided proof of coverage for him - BULLSHIT! STATE FARM INSURANCE CAN EAT A BOWL OF DICK!!!

And now PitsVtech knows why State Farm has great motorcycle rates.

Atleast here in PA, their auto rates are 20% more than the competition, and their homeowners rates can be upwards for 50-60% more expensive.

So yea, if u dont mind being fucked in the butt for your home and auto insurance, the cheap motorcycle stuff is great!

PitsVtec
02-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Smokes...if your going to quote me or even mention my name, spell it correctly....LOL....STATE FARM CAN KISS MY "FAT GHETTO BOOTY" ASS!!!!!

njracer
02-13-2006, 02:24 PM

Atleast here in PA, their auto rates are 20% more than the competition, and their homeowners rates can be upwards for 50-60% more expensive.

So yea, if u dont mind being fucked in the butt for your home and auto insurance, the cheap motorcycle stuff is great!

My car ins thru SF is only about $100ish more than I was paying at Allstate but I have much better ins. My homeowners ins was also just a bit more than I was paying but what I saved on mc ins made the change to SF WELL worth it.

njracer

ffejtable
02-13-2006, 04:00 PM
i wish i could get a single policy for everything, but right now i have geico for auto, foremost for the bike, travelers for the boat, and im not sure who for homeowners.. franklin mutual i think, unless they are the agent... geico also wanted some insane amount for home insurance, which was actually underwritten by another company anyway (i want to say chubb or CNA for some reason)...

i was always under the impression state farm only liked you if you had a really good driving record, which I dont.... any experience with this, in NJ?

MrQuickR1
02-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Well I just got off the phone with Rider. The reason my insurance and everyone elses skyrocketed was due to the fact of all the new young riders crashing so fast and alot of claims were put in. Jodi was pretty cool, I made her laugh too by cursing out all the new riders with SDS (small dick syndrome).
So I had no choice now to drop full insurance and it costs me now $136 per year vs $1,043. I feel naked without it already and hope I never have to need it cause luck has it anytime ya change something you never used, all of the sudden it's needed. But financially I can't swing this shit right now so I had no choice. When I lowside, I usually pay for it myself and fix it myself anyway....or I'll drink beer and watch Pilot fix it for me:nod2:

Kennedy
02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Well I just got off the phone with Rider. The reason my insurance and everyone elses skyrocketed was due to the fact of all the new young riders crashing so fast and alot of claims were put in. Jodi was pretty cool, I made her laugh too by cursing out all the new riders with SDS (small dick syndrome).
So I had no choice now to drop full insurance and it costs me now $136 per year vs $1,043. I feel naked without it already and hope I never have to need it cause luck has it anytime ya change something you never used, all of the sudden it's needed. But financially I can't swing this shit right now so I had no choice. When I lowside, I usually pay for it myself and fix it myself anyway....or I'll drink beer and watch Pilot fix it for me:nod2:

God damn I knew I would somehow change the sportbike community, but not like this :lol: .....Hey thats all pilot is good for !!!!!:LOL: Kidding Chrissssssssssssssss

bikerguyzx12
02-17-2006, 10:50 AM
i have usaa, if any of u have relatives in the military, its well worth looking into, but u can only get it if u are an enlisted officer or related to an enlisted officer, my insurance on my zx12r is 600 a year for full coverage with a 200 deductible

PitsVtec
02-17-2006, 10:53 AM
i have usaa, if any of u have relatives in the military, its well worth looking into, but u can only get it if u are an enlisted officer or related to an enlisted officer, my insurance on my zx12r is 600 a year for full coverage with a 200 deductible

Lucky bastard! I never heard of such insurance

High_Revs_17
02-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Then they sneakily put my step-father on my policy without my knowledge, trying to tell me that my mother never provided proof of coverage for him - BULLSHIT! STATE FARM INSURANCE CAN EAT A BOWL OF DICK!!!

Being you're the policy holder they just can't add anyone they want without your consent...there seems to be more to this story.

High_Revs_17
02-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Now I get my renewal bill for Rider yesterday. I was paying full insurance ~$640 per year. The new bill is now $1043:wtf: Apparently they restructured their areas as high risk zones and whatever.

You'd better change the appearance of your bike...cuz apparently, one of their reps saw you on a certain road over the weekend and reported the change. :lol:

SPRHK
02-17-2006, 11:14 PM
I know exactly what you mean. When I had full coverage on my VTR1000, It litterally cost me as much as my monthly payments.So, when I paid it off early, I dropped the full coverage. They hit me about $1,467 a year and I am in my 30's. Plus I've had rider insurance almost non-stop since 1985. Plain and simple, ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES SUCK!!:jerkit: :jerkit:

Smokes35
02-18-2006, 01:40 AM
Plain and simple, ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES SUCK!!:jerkit: :jerkit:

I love how everyone says that. Guess who the first person you call is when you hit a school bus full of kids, or run over someones grandma.

Its amazing, you might pay a few thousand dollars over a decade... but on ONE fateful evening you might need every limit of liability you've purchased..

For example... a very good friend of the family and a very long customer was on a golfing trip to Florida with his 3 sons. He carried 500k combined single limit of liability and had a 1 million dollar personal liability umbrella... his business also carried a 2million dollar umbrella. Since he works for himself, this coverage would also apply. His family and his business were claimless for almost 25 years...

On the way back to the hotel in a ford explorer with his 3 sons, he has a heart attack on I-95, crosses the median and kills a family of 3 sisters, himself, 2 of his sons, and leaves the other a paraplegic with about 25% of the use in his upper body.

The insurance company paid out almost 4million dollars when it was done.

I bet his son and widow really thing that insurance company was fucking them now. and i'd love to see what the other family thinks of buying insurance as well. You're just one cell phone call, sneeze, dropped map, stray dog, etc from needing that insurance just as much as he did.

What do you think happens when he DOSENT have insurnace? His widow loses her house, the business, her cars, her savings etc etc etc.

I really really love it when people say insurance companies are fucking them on a daily basis... talk about eyes wide shut.

Smokes35
02-18-2006, 01:49 AM
You should also know that insurance companies are lucky to break even on personal lines insurance. They make their money investing premiums before they get paid back out in claims and overhead.

tweake
02-18-2006, 12:41 PM
most insurance companies do suck have u ever ben really sick and had them tell u they cant help u cuse its not approved or they just dont feel u need that med after they have ben filling it for the past year :jerkit: some insurance companies are like that but health care is a hole nother ball game . bike insurance is a odd thing some places wouldn't even cover my ducati others wanted 3500 a year geico was the best for me only 600 a year for full go figure :blushes: guess thay dont see the monster or multistrada as a sport bike .my insurance company for the goldwing gave me the same price for a 999r as my multi :ohmygod:
insurance companies do suck in the end its about the money not the people they help and they clam thats what there there for :jerkit:
:rantoff:

SPRHK
02-18-2006, 10:41 PM
I guess we found the insurance salesman. Well, Smokes35, sorry to offend you. I was just stating my opinion. I think all insurance co. suck. I think cops suck when they pull me over for doing something wrong. I think my boss sucks when he gives me a shitty job to run, and my wife sucks when she's up my ass for something I did, or forgot to do. Only an opinion. Sorry to offend. THEY STILL SUCK!!:take_it: :jerkit:

Stealth ZX9R
02-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I just bought my 2003 ZX9R and I will have to pay $70 a month for full coverage for it and that's with $1000 deductibles, mainly because its a 900cc bike. I check on a 03 GSX-R600 and it would have been $$55 a month with $500 deductibles. I have State Farm and I think I'm getting a pretty good rate.

I was paying 285 a month on my truck which is an 04 Silverado 4x4 reg cab, I just turned 21 and my rates go down some, it should be 162 a month for my truck now. I have one wreck on that as well so I am paying like a 10 or 20% surcharge because of the wreck. As long as I don't have another wreck until september (when my policy renews) it will be 3 years since the wreck went onto the insurance and then I won't have to pay the surcharge plus I'll finally get my good driver discount back, so I should be looking at about a 120-135 a month on the truck then. My insurance on both the truck and bike will go down when I hit 25 which will be right before the truck is paid off and the bike will already have been paid off so I will like have just insurance to pay and it won't amount to much then. I will be so loaded with money then I can't wait:nod2:

Mach1
05-23-2006, 04:12 PM

Fuck them

I'm with you Fuck Geico, I have a spotless record and haven't seen pavement in well over 8 years and any time I did, NEVER reported it, and just fixed the shit myself! I got a quote from them over 1400.00 WTF I was like are you Fen out your mind! It's a 2001 and it's a 600? And I have been riding for over 8 years?:lickit: :lickit:

Mach1
05-23-2006, 04:19 PM

Smoke I find it funny that someone with a flawless record could get a take it up the ass rate, but someone with an accident could get a rate half of what was quoted for the guy with flawless record?

jesse370
05-23-2006, 05:03 PM
I have gieco for my G35 coupe and statefarm for my bike....547 for the bike, full coverage 500 deductable.

I had liberty mutual on my old subaru wrx and was in a accident...They F'd me badly. All four wheels on my car were destroyed along with the tires. This was a DEALER and SUBARU option package that they KNEW about when I got the policy. 1800 plus the cost of tires. They covered 3 wheels at 150 a pop and 50 for the 3 tires....I got them back though, made things right and I ended up breaking even and not getting F'd in the end. But it was really frustrating and ended up having to replace those bad ass wheels with much cheaper ones....

BUT in the end I have to agree while the costs are high, the reason is cause of fraud and scams and retarts that crash stuff all the time. I wanted a ducati monster s4r or s2r.......Got quoted at 2-4k a YEAR! My 636 is quicker and faster yet a fraction of the cost to insure.....go figure.

SAXON117
05-23-2006, 07:17 PM
I have to say ALL insurance companies suck, they rake in the doe and usually are cheap on paying out. I have always had Rider Insurance and they were always cheapper then any of the the other companies, my Katana - 134 a year, my FT 500 was around 115 and my CB900F was around 120. So when I finally bought my first new bike SV 1k I called them up figuring they would offer a good price........FUCKIN WRONG!!!!! :banghead: i was quoted $1,800 A YEAR:wow: granted it was for full coverage but damn. I asked they why it was so high and I was told because they have had to many young riders crashing on sport bikes in the past couple years. I asked what that had to do with me seeing I am 31 and never put in a claim to them and had been using them for at least 10 years. I wanted the tell them to kindly run their tongue up the crack of my sweaty ass. So after I cooled down I called Geico seeing that is were I have my car insurance. The y offered me $745 a year with a $250 deductable. I signed up right away. I am not sticking up for GEICO but they did ok by me. :fart:

Cakes206
05-23-2006, 07:54 PM
$745 a year
State Farm is a lil over $100 cheaper, just a heads up. Contact Marker01(Pete) for more info.

SAXON117
05-23-2006, 08:20 PM
State Farm is a lil over $100 cheaper, just a heads up. Contact Marker01(Pete) for more info.

thanks I will check them out