PDA

View Full Version : Pocono East April 16th....who's going?

Mack
02-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I'll be there will anyone else?

CBRBob
02-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Sorry dude, thats a BeaveRun date. The cool people will be at the Beev! :)

Cakes206
02-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Yo...this gonna be your first day? Alot of us are doin Beaver Run that weekend(happenes to be my b-day too)...come out if you can...if not, g'luck with your day man, let us know how it goes!

Kennedy
02-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Mack depending on my funds ill call you and let you know...im tight tight tight on money, not sure if I will even get to be doing trackdays in june july or august.....

Mack
02-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Yo...this gonna be your first day? Alot of us are doin Beaver Run that weekend(happenes to be my b-day too)...come out if you can...if not, g'luck with your day man, let us know how it goes!

I'm going to hit Beaver later in the year. It's only like an hour from my parents house and I'll just plan a trip there and hit Beaver then. Hope you guys have a great day.

PSYCHO1000R
02-09-2006, 07:05 PM
i live prettty close to there so ill prob drive up to watch u guys for a bit

Cakes206
02-09-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm going to hit Beaver later in the year. It's only like an hour from my parents house and I'll just plan a trip there and hit Beaver then. Hope you guys have a great day.

We're hitting all three Beaver weekends...let us know when you're goin. :nod2:

CBRBob
02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
We're hitting all three Beaver weekends...let us know when you're goin. :nod2:

Cakes hits the beaver a lot :lmao:

Cakes206
02-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Cakes hits the beaver a lot :lmao:

Favorit track :nod2:

AfricanBootyScratcher
02-09-2006, 08:42 PM
the Beaver!!!

pillaka
02-09-2006, 11:23 PM
the Beaver!!!

you going both days?

njf4i
02-10-2006, 08:51 AM
So since beaver is on the same day. Would it be better for me to do my art basic at pocono on the the 16th? I mean there shouldn't be as many people on the track? Right?

AfricanBootyScratcher
02-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I'll just be at Beaver on Sunday,
and Nick, you can always take ART Basic at the Beaver
that's where the cool kids are gonna be!

ffejtable
02-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Pocono always seems to fill up.. Some people just dont want to make a 6+ hour trip to the edge of PA to ride the track.. Some people have only ridden Pocono and nothing else, too, so they dont know what they are missing. And then there are the people who travel for 3 hours as it is to Pocono...

Last year I dont recall a single weekend Pocono day that wasnt full, and in most cases white group filled up weeks in advance....

njf4i
02-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Pocono always seems to fill up.. Some people just dont want to make a 6+ hour trip to the edge of PA to ride the track.. Some people have only ridden Pocono and nothing else, too, so they dont know what they are missing. And then there are the people who travel for 3 hours as it is to Pocono...

Last year I dont recall a single weekend Pocono day that wasnt full, and in most cases white group filled up weeks in advance....
Yeah thats why im trying to make a call on what day should be my first. 4/8 or 4/16. I really don't have the cash flow to do a lot of days, so im just gonna do 1 day a month, and maybe if i can save a little 1 weekend a month.

Damn i don't know what to do. I think its gonna be cheaper in the long run to just do the day on 4/8 and save the money on gas. I'm gonna sign up hopefully by next weekend.

MrQuickR1
02-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm in the same boat Mack as some of the others on cash flow. A major change in my life happened and set me back for a while. I do plan to do corner working when possible to help get me out there a couple times. I will also see if there is any needed for your day, but if not I will try to make it out there to keep ya company after each class.
Good luck to your new expense and your 1st time out.

AfricanBootyScratcher
02-11-2006, 09:31 PM
you guys should corner work at pocono 8th and 9th, and make $200 in motion money, then go and ride at beaver!

Cakes206
02-12-2006, 11:28 AM
you guys should corner work at pocono 8th and 9th, and make $200 in motion money, then go and ride at beaver!

+1

Bster13
02-12-2006, 02:53 PM
w/ regards to weather...would you bet on the 16th it'll have a better chance for really cold temps and/or rain at Beaver Run or PIR? They always say PIR has it's own weather system (:p) but I'm leary of any NE tracks in April. May first was my first day last year at PIR and it was cold (but dry.)

Thanks,

Bryce

Qetesh
02-12-2006, 04:06 PM
w/ regards to weather...would you bet on the 16th it'll have a better chance for really cold temps and/or rain at Beaver Run or PIR? They always say PIR has it's own weather system (:p) but I'm leary of any NE tracks in April. May first was my first day last year at PIR and it was cold (but dry.)

Thanks,

Bryce

Last year during the 15/16th April weekend at Beaver was great. The weather was in the 70's and the track conditions were favorable. The evening were cool, but not cold.

I would be more comfortable taking my chances at Beaverun then at Pocono during the month of April.

But, that's what EFP is for, right ;)

Bster13
02-12-2006, 04:12 PM
EFP & now this:

http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=news_020906

:)

Bster13
02-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Does seen Beaver is a bit warmer on avg:

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/climo-monthly-graph.html?locid=USPA1720&from=search

PIR:

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/climo-monthly-graph.html?locid=USPA0935&from=search

ffejtable
02-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Yeah thats why im trying to make a call on what day should be my first. 4/8 or 4/16. I really don't have the cash flow to do a lot of days, so im just gonna do 1 day a month, and maybe if i can save a little 1 weekend a month.

Damn i don't know what to do. I think its gonna be cheaper in the long run to just do the day on 4/8 and save the money on gas. I'm gonna sign up hopefully by next weekend.

4/8 or 4/9 :) DougZ and I will be there the 8th, as well as others, I am sure... I was hoping most of the ART basic guys would sign up for the 9th so I can go back out and watch them on sunday, but I dont think thats happening... 4/16 is Easter.... I am not very comfortable in new surroundings, so it was really nice to see some familiar faces on my first track day, it was a lot different (better) than I had expected...

1 day a month is pretty good.... If you do tracks other than pocono, the cost of gas/hotel/etc costs nearly as much as the track fee alone...

DougZ
02-13-2006, 11:33 AM
4/8 or 4/9 :) DougZ and I will be there the 8th, as well as others, I am sure... I was hoping most of the ART basic guys would sign up for the 9th so I can go back out and watch them on sunday, but I dont think thats happening... 4/16 is Easter.... I am not very comfortable in new surroundings, so it was really nice to see some familiar faces on my first track day, it was a lot different (better) than I had expected...

1 day a month is pretty good.... If you do tracks other than pocono, the cost of gas/hotel/etc costs nearly as much as the track fee alone...

Yeah..I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have a couple SV buddies that are gonna do both days and get a house, which I supposed to be staying at. If I do, I will go back over Sunday and watch before heading home too.

ronin_01r1
02-28-2006, 12:16 PM
me and DSH are both signed up for ART Basic! Can't wait..!!

ffejtable
03-01-2006, 10:23 AM
What day (I assume the 16th) ? I think you mentioned being waitlistde for the 8th/9th, right?

DougieZ and myself will be at Pocono the 8th... Was hoping to do Beaver the following weekend, but thats not happening...

ronin_01r1
03-01-2006, 03:30 PM
What day (I assume the 16th) ? I think you mentioned being waitlistde for the 8th/9th, right?

DougieZ and myself will be at Pocono the 8th... Was hoping to do Beaver the following weekend, but thats not happening...

I signed up for April 16... I didn't want to be on the wait list. Hopefully the 16th will not be too crowded. When i was finally ready to sign up, it was full and they had a wait list going. April 8 would've been my first choice. oh well.