PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point opinion request

NYCSTRIPES
02-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Is there a preferred track layout to head for at Summit Point? I haven't been there yet but I wanted some input from those that have been.

The reason I am asking is that I went to VIR last spring and had a great weekend. However, the layout of the Patriot Course at VIR was not the greatest layout for the heavy bikes I ride. I have a pair of 1000cc V-Twins and the tighter courses are a PITA. I would rather make the road trip for a track with a longer layout like VIR North.

I am considering dates at Summit June 11-12 which will be for the JC and Main courses but don't know anything about either layout. It's also hard to tell from the diagrams.

Any input on Summit would be appeciated.
thanks
Ken

CBRBob
02-06-2006, 06:47 PM
JC is smaller than Poco E. if that helps. Its nowhere as tight as Patriot though. You will probably enjoy the Main course as most do.

Roberts
02-06-2006, 07:04 PM
I loved the Patriot course!! (not enough to drive there for one day though :lol:)

Summit Main would be your best bet, IMHO it flows really well. Jefferson Circuit is a bit smaller than Main (bigger then Patriot & smaller then Pocono east & less technical than either). I don't think I would go to Jefferson for one day & the second day would have to be on the Main circuit.

I haven't ridden Shenandoah Circuit yet so no opinion.

njracer
02-06-2006, 08:56 PM
I've been going to Summit with CCS and WERA for many years.....the main track is very fun and fast IMO. I wouldn't even waste gas or tires on JC...it's a joke.

I have not turned a wheel on Shenandoah and probably never will unless Summit Point buys enough airfence to cover just about EVERYTHING and or they create decent run off. Would I try in on a superretard or my NSR50....sure but not my racebike.

My .03

njracer

Cakes206
02-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Summit Main used to be my favorit track before goin to Beaver Run :nod2:

BurnCycle
02-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Summit Main (http://www.mariposaderojo.com/mpg/FollowMe.wmv).

ffejtable
02-07-2006, 10:06 AM
I personally had a bad day at Summit Main last year, but it wasnt necessarily the track itself at fault. I know the guys on teh bigger bikes tend to dislike the smaller technical tracks, like Patriot because its a lot of work, and Summit main isnt like Patriot.

The key to Summit main is staying on line, which I wasnt most of the time. Lots of slow ART basic students out there in large packs made for an interesting day...

CBRBob
02-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Makes you work on your passing and braking skills!