PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the 50’s

BurnCycle
02-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Sometime this summer I’m going to put some thought into getting my son a 50 to start riding on. He’s just turned 4 and has been riding his push bike for over a year now. He’s shows a great deal of interest in my TL’s (thinks I’m building the TLR for him :lol) and watched a great deal of motocross this past weekend in which he expressed more than the typical spur of the moment interest.

Question is what 50 is the better? I kind of like the Yami from my initial findings but want to hear from others.

AfricanBootyScratcher
02-06-2006, 08:55 PM
for someone that young, the PW50 from yamaha may be the best bet. fully auto, and shaft drive make it easy to ride and maintain. also the shaft gives one less thing to worry about regarding little fingers and a chain. Training wheels are available too.
and I happen to know a place where you can get it! :)
(any of those that you mentioned actually)

njracer
02-07-2006, 02:51 PM
CRF50 is there really any other option??

Not only can you get training wheels.....but as soon as he gets bigger, you can start getting some cool things for yourself!! ;-)

njracer

soda7o
02-07-2006, 03:43 PM
the honda can beused to learn tricks and stuff.. ter eis a rap load of aftermarket parts fo rit easialy avaialbe. andi happen to have one :wink:

plusi think the not fuly automatic is good it will give himher a concept on shifting and doint it smoothly..