PDA

View Full Version : 2000 SV650 Dyno Results

Cakes206
01-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Had some work done to the track sv. New OEM clutch and carb sync. The clutch that was in there was ok but, factoring the age of the bike with 90% track time and I'd say about 50% of that being racing from previous owner...so yea...figure I might as well change it now and not have to worry bout it while at a track weekend cause that would suck. Anywho, new cluch, carb sync, new tires, and a lil tlc here and there and shes all ready for April.

Pic1- 4th gear graphs before and after. You can see the spikes in the green graph before the work. Blue graph much smoother after work.

Pic2- 2nd thru 6th gear pulls, again before and after work.

Pic3- Hp vs. Tq after all work was done.

All in all I'm very happy with the overall performance of the sv now. 70hp with 46ft. lbs. tq. but most of all as you can see the graphs are real smooth. The guys at WCW really did a great job in setting 'er up.

CBRBob
01-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Looks good, but did they explain why the hp curve goes flat for 2k rpm? It's cool it's not just a peak number but I would expect more of a gain up to peak hp. I'll bet the throttle response is smoother now!

Cakes206
01-28-2006, 11:59 PM
why the hp curve goes flat for 2k rpm?

What part you looking at? I don't see an rpm reading.

As far as throttle response goes...really can't tell yet cause I can't get it out of 2nd in lot at the storage unit...but I can defintely tell a difference in the idle.

CBRBob
01-29-2006, 10:57 AM
What part you looking at? I don't see an rpm reading.

As far as throttle response goes...really can't tell yet cause I can't get it out of 2nd in lot at the storage unit...but I can defintely tell a difference in the idle.

OK, it's mph, but still I would expect a torque curve to flatten out like that.

Cakes206
01-29-2006, 11:00 AM
OK, it's mph, but still I would expect a torque curve to flatten out like that.

I'm also -1 with the front sprocket so that could have something to do with it?

CBRBob
01-29-2006, 11:31 AM
No, that would have the opposite effect on mph based readings.