PDA

View Full Version : TPM Registration opens.....

CBRBob
01-25-2006, 11:54 AM
2/6/06

http://www.shopphilly.com/teampromotion/newforum/viewtopic.php?t=1535&highlight=

Cakes206
01-25-2006, 12:09 PM
2/6/06

http://www.shopphilly.com/teampromotion/newforum/viewtopic.php?t=1535&highlight=

Just an fyi, you need to be a member to see their mgs board.

CBRBob
01-25-2006, 12:29 PM
.....and only members (associate or full) can register :)

Kurts1000RR
01-25-2006, 02:39 PM
.....and only members (associate or full) can register :)

I just signed up, finally.

CBRBob
01-25-2006, 04:44 PM

Cool, I guess we'll get to compare bikes. :)

Cakes206
01-25-2006, 04:56 PM

Oh man, you're puttin that sweet ride on the track :wow:

Kurts1000RR
01-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh man, you're puttin that sweet ride on the track :wow:

The idea terrifies me, and excites the hell outta me at the same time.:sweat:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/kurt4274/DSC01106.jpg

Cakes206
01-25-2006, 05:36 PM
The idea terrifies me, and excites the hell outta me at the same time.:sweat:

If you can scrounge up around $3K you can easily find a track bike.

Kurts1000RR
01-25-2006, 05:41 PM
If you can scrounge up around $3K you can easily find a track bike.

What do you figure my odds of going down are? I was planning on just getting a new set of race plastics for it.

High_Revs_17
01-25-2006, 05:58 PM
What do you figure my odds of going down are? I was planning on just getting a new set of race plastics for it.

Odds are 50/50, either you go down or you don't. Doesn't even have to be your fault, another rider can have a malfunction on the track and hit you, etc...would be nice if every rider knew their odds on any given day.

Race plastics and frame sliders would help with a simple laydown, but if things get rough there could be lot's of damage. It's a tough call cuz Honda designed that bike for fast racetracks right outta the box, but it's too damn nice to lay it down. I'm not sure what 3K will get you regarding a used/abused track bike but a rental would be another option.

IrocRob
01-25-2006, 06:17 PM

Odds are you'll become a track day addict, so get used
to the thought of it, and it'll be easier to rationalize
spending the cash & time on this "hobby" we have.

Don't worry about crashing - Odds are you will not end up
on the crash truck during your first trackday.
(Assuming you have a little self control)

Race bodywork and sliders are a good idea, and so
is wiring up your oil filter, drain plug and filler cap.
Not required, but a good idea. See you at the track!

SPRHK
01-25-2006, 07:28 PM
What do you figure my odds of going down are? I was planning on just getting a new set of race plastics for it. Well it's kinda like this...... There are those who have crashed on the racetrack, and those who are going to crash on the race track. I took me 5 years for my first on track off bike experience. I consider myself extremely lucky to have made it that long without incident. I could happen anytime. First time or a couple years down the road. It might be your fault, it might be someone else at fault. Never ride over your head. I'll tell you 1 other thing, plan on spending alot of time at the track. If you are like everyone else I know, 1 Time is enough to turn anyone into a trackday junky.

Kurts1000RR
01-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Odds are 50/50, either you go down or you don't. Doesn't even have to be your fault, another rider can have a malfunction on the track and hit you, etc...would be nice if every rider knew their odds on any given day.

Race plastics and frame sliders would help with a simple laydown, but if things get rough there could be lot's of damage. It's a tough call cuz Honda designed that bike for fast racetracks right outta the box, but it's too damn nice to lay it down. I'm not sure what 3K will get you regarding a used/abused track bike but a rental would be another option.

Thanks for the heads up! Whats the situation on rentals?

Kurts1000RR
01-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Odds are you'll become a track day addict, so get used
to the thought of it, and it'll be easier to rationalize
spending the cash & time on this "hobby" we have.......

.....If you are like everyone else I know, 1 Time is enough to turn anyone into a trackday junky.

Your both right. I feel it when I ride on the street. Wanting to push a little harder, drop a little lower and tighter into turns. I fight myself. I know its not the place for it. Time to take it to the track, whatever bike it is.

Cakes206
01-25-2006, 08:08 PM
If you are like everyone else I know, 1 Time is enough to turn anyone into a trackday junky.

+1

Your both right. I feel it when I ride on the street. Wanting to push a little harder, drop a little lower and tighter into turns. I fight myself. I know its not the place for it. Time to take it to the track, whatever bike it is.

You got the right attitude :biggthump

Just one of those things you just can't answer. Some people crash their first day, while others have got 10+ years without a scratch. What I can tell you though is that everytime you throw a leg over increases the chances...not trying to scare you but lets face it, it's reality. When I first started track days I was using my street bike...then on my 2nd track day I ate kittly litter in turn 1 at Summit Point. From that exact moment as I was sliding I was saying 1-I can't believe this is happening, 2-This sucks, and 3- I'm getting a track bike.

Pic1- Day before 2nd track day.
Pic2- First session ended early.

Kurts1000RR
01-25-2006, 08:17 PM
+1

You got the right attitude :biggthump

Just one of those things you just can't answer. Some people crash their first day, while others have got 10+ years without a scratch. What I can tell you though is that everytime you throw a leg over increases the chances...not trying to scare you but lets face it, it's reality. When I first started track days I was using my street bike...then on my 2nd track day I ate kittly litter in turn 1 at Summit Point. From that exact moment as I was sliding I was saying 1-I can't believe this is happening, 2-This sucks, and 3- I'm getting a track bike.

Pic1- Day before 2nd track day.
Pic2- First session ended early.

Ouch!! Looks like my first Sport Bike. 99 GSXR600. I would hate to ride with the thought that I could hurt the thing in life that makes me the happiest.

CBRBob
01-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Ouch!! I would hate to ride with the thought that I could hurt the thing in life that makes me the happiest.

Your left hand? :roflmao: :roflmao:

Just kidding!

Kurts1000RR
01-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Your left hand? :roflmao: :roflmao:

Just kidding!

LMFAO:LOL: That would be my right hand. And now that I think about it.....your right!!:LOL:

Cakes206
01-25-2006, 10:19 PM
And now that I think about it.....your right!!

His right? :wtf: :runaway:

Kurts1000RR
01-25-2006, 10:22 PM

:ohmygod:

CBRBob
01-25-2006, 11:22 PM

I smell Cake

High_Revs_17
01-26-2006, 04:02 AM
Whats the situation on rentals?

That's CBRBob's territory

Roberts
01-26-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Whats the situation on rentals?

I think it's like $250 to rent one of their bikes.

=Cakes]1-I can't believe this is happening, 2-This sucks, and 3- I'm getting a track bike. Mine was similar, lol.. 1st was the same, 2nd was the same 3rd was, thats gonna cost 300.. thats 150 (bike flips) FUCK thats like 500 mother F'r 4th was I F'N HATE POCONO. :roflmao:

Kurts1000RR
01-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I think it's like $250 to rent one of their bikes.

By the end of the season Id end up paying the same amount. Might as well buy one.