PDA

View Full Version : Spoke to a Suzuki rep. at the bike show today...

High_Revs_17
01-21-2006, 04:00 AM
...and asked him how much they discount the floor models being everyone's been sitting on them and leaving minor hand prints and scuff/scratch marks. He said every one of their bikes on the floor are used thru the entire show which travels all over the US, and aside from the minor damage Suzuki's not sure if/how they've been tampered with by the public. Due to that they don't risk selling them to the public, so instead they gather up all the floor models and......crush them......:wtf:

benellis
01-21-2006, 09:10 AM
:wow:
In this months Roadracing world, they went to the Kawasaki ZX-10 factory and reported 1 was coming off the line every 2.5 minutes, and the engine plant builds 16,000 engines a month, I guess crushing a few doesn't hurt as long as you have volume

jcblitz
01-21-2006, 11:29 AM
They should dispose of it. You ever see what the floor models at BestBuy look at? I can't image doing 150 on a dvd player with a missing knob, broken disk tray, stolen fuse cover, cut cord, and a pushed in eject button. It's for everyones good they don't release it.

Cakes206
01-21-2006, 11:41 AM
They should dispose of it. You ever see what the floor models at BestBuy look at? I can't image doing 150 on a dvd player with a missing knob, broken disk tray, stolen fuse cover, cut cord, and a pushed in eject button. It's for everyones good they don't release it.

I definitely see their point in not wanting to sell the bikes to the public...especially after people dropin them and stuff(sometimes purposly) anywho...but should they really destroy them...they should make up some sort of program where they strip the bikes and offer individual parts to the public...they'd make a killing. But then again..I wonder how many actually make it to the crusher...they snag that shit up for themselves probly.

jcblitz
01-21-2006, 11:55 AM
I definitely see their point in not wanting to sell the bikes to the public...especially after people dropin them and stuff(sometimes purposly) anywho...but should they really destroy them...they should make up some sort of program where they strip the bikes and offer individual parts to the public...they'd make a killing. But then again..I wonder how many actually make it to the crusher...they snag that shit up for themselves probly.

They probably don't end up at crusher, but he just said that because it's just a quick way to get some annoying guy to stop asking him questions.

:LOL:

Cakes206
01-21-2006, 12:23 PM
quick way to get some annoying guy to stop asking him questions.

LMFAO!! :roflmao:

Kurts1000RR
01-21-2006, 01:51 PM
They probably don't end up at crusher, but he just said that because it's just a quick way to get some annoying guy to stop asking him questions.

:LOL:

LMAO :whaaa:

High_Revs_17
01-21-2006, 02:17 PM
They probably don't end up at crusher, but he just said that because it's just a quick way to get some annoying guy to stop asking him questions. :LOL:

They don't crush the 50's, so I gave him your number. :lol:

CBRBob
01-21-2006, 06:55 PM
They don't cruch the 50's, so I gave him your number. :lol:

I saw Kennedy looking at these......
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/3scoot.jpg

AfricanBootyScratcher
01-22-2006, 01:30 AM
I don't know about a crusher per say, bit they do get destroyed. so unfortunate!

High_Revs_17
01-22-2006, 02:51 PM
I saw Kennedy looking at these......

I saw the blonde with the red top from Aprilia sitting on one of those. :wow:

CBRBob
01-22-2006, 09:14 PM
I saw the blonde with the red top from Aprilia sitting on one of those. :wow:

Yea, I got to look at this all weekend next to the RENJ booth.....
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/show1.jpg

High_Revs_17
01-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Yea, I got to look at this all weekend next to the RENJ booth.....

I saw them taking pics by the choppers near the food stands...the guys were crowded around them like sharks at feeding time.

Rock712
01-23-2006, 03:18 PM
I saw them taking pics by the choppers near the food stands...the guys were crowded around them like sharks at feeding time.

You guys are sick, the one on the left is my Dad and the other is my brother, they doll up good don't they.....

Rev
01-23-2006, 09:55 PM
...and asked him how much they discount the floor models being everyone's been sitting on them and leaving minor hand prints and scuff/scratch marks. He said every one of their bikes on the floor are used thru the entire show which travels all over the US, and aside from the minor damage Suzuki's not sure if/how they've been tampered with by the public. Due to that they don't risk selling them to the public, so instead they gather up all the floor models and......crush them......:wtf:

They should do the public a favor and crush all SUZUKI's....lmfao..

Let the flaming begin....GO HONDA...heh

High_Revs_17
01-23-2006, 11:23 PM

Well said! :lol:

CBRBob
01-24-2006, 08:11 AM
You guys are sick, the one on the left is my Dad and the other is my brother, they doll up good don't they.....
:gay:

Kurts1000RR
01-24-2006, 12:38 PM

Let the flaming begin....GO HONDA...heh

:jam2: