PDA

View Full Version : wave rotors?

AfricanBootyScratcher
01-16-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm looking at the galfer and braking wave rotors, and they both seem to be pretty much the same to me, but the braking ones are cheaper. anybody know if there is any significant differences between them?

carl_g
01-16-2006, 11:09 PM
I have braking wave rotor on my KTM. I haven't really ridden it yet..so I can't comment on the stopping power LOL!

Kurts1000RR
01-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Ive heard galfer is better performing and designed for a lot more abuse at higher temperatures. There also less likely to warp. But Ive heard more people prefer the braking ones.

RonJ83
01-17-2006, 01:56 AM
there was a write up on a honda forum, a member felt that the stoping power was basically the same as stock, the waves are just to cool the rotors faster and add some bling factor. i was thinking about gettin them myself because they are stainless steel, i need something like that so they dont rust during storage.

duc748pilot
01-17-2006, 02:04 AM
too tired right now i'll give you my entire opinion tomorrow omar.

Kennedy
01-17-2006, 02:38 AM
too tired right now i'll give you my entire opinion tomorrow omar.

Buy Galfer cause I get discounts...is your explanation :)

duc748pilot
01-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Buy Galfer cause I get discounts...is your explanation :)

actually i dont care which anyone buys. galfer is just better quality. they will both act in the same manner. match these up with some hh pads, maybe some braided lines....and you wont get a better set up (unless you have a few $$ to spend on a complete brembo set up) the first thing i switched was my rotors. stock pads lines and master cylinder. there was a TON of chatter under braking. so i spoke with galfer and swapped out to hh pads. WHAT A DIFFERENCE from stock braking power. hh pads with stock rotors dont compare. i wouldnt praise a product if i didnt truely beleive in it. ive done tons of trackdays and raced last year.....ive had the same pads for two seasons.....with a lot of meat left. and while i may not be the fastest guy, im not slow and i do brake hard. ask drew or anyone else who has used them....and by used i mean actually USED them not just rollin around on the streets of hoboken thinkin your cool rotors are gonna get you the women. :jerkit:

Kennedy
01-17-2006, 11:51 AM
lol hoboken

Cakes206
01-17-2006, 12:36 PM
....and by used i mean actually USED them not just rollin around on the streets of hoboken thinkin your cool rotors are gonna get you the women. :jerkit:

Best ever :roflmao:

duc748pilot
01-17-2006, 12:51 PM
well...its true....lol

pillaka
01-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Tim's f4i, the one that jeff rides, has wave rotors on it. After riding the bike a few times I noticed that they seem to have more intial bite over my stock ones, they also seem to slow down the bike a little better, but that could just be me. Front end seems to vibrate more with the wave rotors. On his bike though he had the stock pads and rubber lines, so I imagine with ss lines and better pads they would be better. Which goes along with what 600rr pilot said.

Either way, I still don't think you'll be able to outbrake john stevens.

CBRBob
01-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I feel they offer maybe 5% better braking. I hear ALOT of Galfer wavs warping and I mean ALOT. I have the Braking wavs on the 929 for over a year (Omar knows how I am on the brakes) and now they are on the 1000. They make the bike turn easier.

Cakes206
01-17-2006, 07:43 PM
I feel they offer maybe 5% better braking.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

RonJ83
01-17-2006, 09:54 PM
I feel they offer maybe 5% better braking. I hear ALOT of Galfer wavs warping and I mean ALOT. I have the Braking wavs on the 929 for over a year (Omar knows how I am on the brakes) and now they are on the 1000. They make the bike turn easier.

i accually heard the opposite, that the galfers offer no performance braking over the stock brakes and they are less likely to warp and rust (rust being the main reason why i want to invest in them) this is all in ive gathered from other r6 boards though.

duc748pilot
01-17-2006, 09:58 PM

never heard of it happening once to anyone to be honest. and after a race my rotors are black and smoking.

CBRBob
01-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Stock rotors don't rust, must be talking about EBCs lol. FWIW, Ten Kate Honda runs Braking wavs.......

High_Revs_17
01-18-2006, 12:34 AM
never heard of it happening once to anyone to be honest. and after a race my rotors are black and smoking.

Take a pic...wanna see those puppies glow.

duc748pilot
01-18-2006, 10:30 AM
im gonna kick my bike over after a race and cook me a nice fuckin t bone on those things. ive burned my arm more than once after practice removing my wheels to get my tires changed. lol

AfricanBootyScratcher
01-18-2006, 11:18 AM
the stock and ebc's both rust
hey bob, you have braking rotors? I thought they were galfers?
anyhoe, seems that galfer makes the actual rotors for both, just the carriers are diffrent, so basically same thing I guess. Though they seem to be different shape, I wonder if one weighs less than the other

RonJ83
01-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Stock rotors don't rust, must be talking about EBCs lol. FWIW, Ten Kate Honda runs Braking wavs.......

i will take pics as soon as it stops raining outside.

ffejtable
01-18-2006, 11:51 AM

And hopefully he doesnt try!

Cakes206
01-18-2006, 01:07 PM

LMFAO...hes tried already.

AfricanBootyScratcher
01-18-2006, 01:28 PM
LMFAO...hes tried already.
haha very funny asses!
I almost made it stick! damn ripples in the pavement :(

RCM78
01-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Yo Omey, Might I make a suggestion?? If you dont need new rotors then spend the money on a new Master Cylinder. A Brembo would be nice!!!

pillaka
01-18-2006, 07:43 PM
haha very funny asses!
I almost made it stick! damn ripples in the pavement :(

its ok, always easier to blame someone/something else. :D