PDA

View Full Version : It felt real good....

njf4i
01-10-2006, 07:33 PM
To actually take the bike out for a spin. With yesterdays 55 degree temperature teasing me, i decided to bring my gear in to work today. That way i could just go and jump on the bike. Well of course not starting it since November didn't help it start today. After 2 failed push attempts with the help of mike we just went and jumped it.

I took 2 cell pics to share with SBA:

If you look close you can see the huge smile on my face:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4268/ride110063el.jpg

Ignore the clock that i didn't reset and you get my miles put on today. :hyper: :carrot:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5760/ride11006milesred0yv.jpg

Kurts1000RR
01-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Had mine out today too. Needed the fix. Little colder than yesterday, but not bad. I was suprised at how easily mine started. Still has that new bike smell.

High_Revs_17
01-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks for rubbing it in nooka! Where was the battery tender?

Glad you had a safe ride. ;)

BTW, I just noticed again...why is the lettering on your gear & clothing items always desrever in your pics?

Taz
01-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Nick I'm glad you got out on the bike. Next time I'm going to take a pic of you and mike push starting the bike. :lol:

PitsVtec
01-11-2006, 10:34 AM
LOL good one Taz....I thought about taking out the bike, but I worked out instead. Last time I rode, was about 3 weeks ago. It was chilly, but it was worth it.

Xracer264
01-11-2006, 12:05 PM
I've heard tomorrow it may reach 60 Degreeeesss! Not to shabby for January!!!!

Gear Dog
01-11-2006, 01:03 PM
yeah I was thinking about taking mine out today but the roads were damp. If it doesn't rain tonight I might go for a spin.

ffejtable
01-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey, its a great feeling to get out every once in a while, aint it? :)

This winter has been kind and I have been able to get out once every other week or so.... Tomorrow is supposed to be mid 50s so I think I am going to take the bike out tonight and ride in tomorrow.. I should have done that monday as well...

High_Revs_17
01-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Next time I'm going to take a pic of you and mike push starting the bike. :lol:

:LOL:

njf4i
01-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Nick I'm glad you got out on the bike. Next time I'm going to take a pic of you and mike push starting the bike. :lol:
There will be no such pictures taken. I got the boost jump starter with air compressor for xmas. It just so happens that i forgot it on tuesday. :ohmygod:

So from now on i'm gonna use the boost.

Well thats unless Ron wants to get me a trickle charger from my bday in Feb. How about it ron. :wave2:

Kurts1000RR
01-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Hey, its a great feeling to get out every once in a while, aint it? :)

This winter has been kind and I have been able to get out once every other week or so.... Tomorrow is supposed to be mid 50s so I think I am going to take the bike out tonight and ride in tomorrow.. I should have done that monday as well...
I just hope that doesnt mean a longer winter. Snow in March is gonna piss me off.

SPRHK
01-11-2006, 11:39 PM
If you guys/gals had any kind of compasion in you, for the sake of those of us who cant ride due to medical reasons, you could LIE to us. Tell us how crappy it was out there riding. Tell us that you should have waited till spring before going riding again. By all means go riding, be safe and enjoy it to the fullest. Just bullshit those of us who cant ride, by telling us it just wasn't that much fun!

Kurts1000RR
01-11-2006, 11:44 PM
SPRHK, it wont be another great day on Friday 54f sunny.

High_Revs_17
01-11-2006, 11:44 PM
If you guys/gals had any kind of compasion in you, for the sake of those of us who cant ride due to medical reasons, you could LIE to us. Tell us how crappy it was out there riding. Tell us that you should have waited till spring before going riding again. By all means go riding, be safe and enjoy it to the fullest. Just bullshit those of us who cant ride, by telling us it just wasn't that much fun!

I like this guy...PLUS FUCKIN' ONE!

SPRHK
01-11-2006, 11:52 PM
SPRHK, it wont be another great day on Friday 54f sunny.
You could also tell me that I'll be having more fun at physical therapy on friday,than you would going riding??!! Just 1 extra little lie to make me feel better??
;)

Kurts1000RR
01-11-2006, 11:56 PM
You could also tell me that I'll be having more fun at physical therapy on friday,than you would going riding??!! Just 1 extra little lie to make me feel better??
;)
My girlfriend is a PT, shes pretty fun......:naughty:

SPRHK
01-12-2006, 12:01 AM
NICE!!:lol:

High_Revs_17
01-12-2006, 12:01 AM
You could also tell me that I'll be having more fun at physical therapy on friday,than you would going riding??!!

I'll be getting my knee stretched and tortured tomorrow for 3-4 hours so I know what ya mean. :ohmygod:

SPRHK
01-12-2006, 12:05 AM
I'll be getting my knee stretched and tortured tomorrow for 3-4 hours so I know what ya mean. :ohmygod:
I dont envy you. I went to pt today for the first time since surgery. i was only there for about 1hr. I'm sore enough.I couldn't imagine 3-4 hrs. worth.

To show good faith, I'll bet you'll have more fun at PT than all the other guys going riding!!:roflmao:

njf4i
01-12-2006, 12:05 AM
;)
Well fine have it your way:

RIDING MY BIKE ON TUESDAY SUCKED!!!!

High_Revs_17
01-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Well thats unless Ron wants to get me a trickle charger from my bday in Feb. How about it ron. :wave2:

How about I point you the way and you get it youreslf. :lol:

I picked this one up and it worked perfectly. ;) http://www.motorcyclebatteriesusa.com/battery-chargers-details.asp?battery=90

SPRHK
01-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Well fine have it your way:

RIDING MY BIKE ON TUESDAY SUCKED!!!!
THANK you!!! I feel soooo much better now!!!

Kurts1000RR
01-12-2006, 12:09 AM
It was a little cold.

SPRHK
01-12-2006, 12:12 AM
It was a little cold.
Not bad. A good lie is like artwork. With a little work you could be an artist!:lmao:

njf4i
01-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Damn you mofo's are just sitting online waiting for my posts.

Well ron since you aren't using that charger, how about for my bday you loan me it and when you get your new bike i'll loan it back. :lol:

High_Revs_17
01-12-2006, 12:22 AM
I dont envy you. I went to pt today for the first time since surgery. i was only there for about 1hr. I'm sore enough.I couldn't imagine 3-4 hrs. worth.

To show good faith, I'll bet you'll have more fun at PT than all the other guys going riding!!:roflmao:

Get used to it, PT's are gentle and easy going at first, but after a while all bets are off and they put the hammer down. If you need to take more pain meds to deal with the extreme pain be sure to ask the pharmacy how much more you can take before each session so you don't screw up your liver and kidneys, and drink plenty of water with them, they work better that way.

I really try to have a sense of humor with what I'm going thru but after 8 months of PT it's no joke and I can't wait till it's all over with. Here's a peek at the X-rays of my left leg after my bike wreck back in June/05 http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1367&highlight=x-rays ...crashing hurts, and after 9 years of perfect riding it only took one wreck to do this.

Good luck in your PT, don't forget to push yourself and you'll make it thru eventually.

SPRHK
01-12-2006, 12:49 AM
:wow: I dont know Ron, was that an xray of your knee or an xray of my hardwarebox for work?? I definately DO NOT envy you! I would almost think that at the point your knee was at when you originally injured it, you might have been better off with artificial knee implant. You would had a faster recovery time. Did they even offer this as an alternative? Compared to your knee, I feel like a little sissy talking about my shoulder.

High_Revs_17
01-12-2006, 01:02 AM
I would almost think that at the point your knee was at when you originally injured it, you might have been better off with artificial knee implant. You would had a faster recovery time. Did they even offer this as an alternative?

Well at the time they rushed me into surgery it was either keep my leg and deal with the long recovery time, or lose it above the knee and have them install an artificial knee and lower leg. The Chief Of Orthopedics at Westchester Medical Trauma Center (a top rated trauma hospital in NY) did the best he could to save everything due to my young age, but the damage was extensive. FYI, a knee replacement only lasts about 15 years before it needs to be replaced again, and up to this point in modern medicine the body can only handle only two replacements per leg.

ffejtable
01-12-2006, 09:32 AM

Ok ok.. have it your way.. I rode into work this morning and it SUCKED! The roads were still wet and it was a freezing 41 degrees outside. :)

Taz
01-12-2006, 10:20 AM
There will be no such pictures taken. I got the boost jump starter with air compressor for xmas. It just so happens that i forgot it on tuesday. :ohmygod:

So from now on i'm gonna use the boost.

I bet you will keep the compressor in your truck from now on! :lol:

But if you do for get it I will get that pic. :P

Rock712
01-12-2006, 11:27 AM
All i can to everyone here is: BITE ME!!!!!!

PitsVtec
01-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Today looks nice!!!!!!!!! Anyone going out later?

HondaGalToo
01-12-2006, 11:48 AM

I'm hoping to! We'll see...

Rev
01-12-2006, 12:15 PM

yeah...*sniff*...i have my 3rd surgery in 2 weeks...i wanna ride again

PitsVtec
01-12-2006, 03:41 PM
I think just for my mans' comment before, I'll be riding my bike past his house (that's if I can burn calories in time)....LOL....:roflmao:

njf4i
01-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I'll be heading out at 4pm sharp!!!

I'm gonna have a miserable time on a crappy bike with garbage weather. :)

ffejtable
01-12-2006, 04:29 PM

im leaving work (on the bike) in t-minus 5 seco...... <click>

Kurts1000RR
01-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Today is unfriggin believable!! I wont be off till 9pm. I have Sunday off, 33 and snowing :cursin:

High_Revs_17
01-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I hit some nice backroads in the Acura, had the sunroof open, windows down, and the growl of the intake was sweet music everytime the V-Tech kicked in...I'll take that thrill for now! :banmac:

PitsVtec
01-13-2006, 11:19 AM
So I took the bike out last night. It was a little chilly, but not too bad.

ffejtable
01-13-2006, 03:26 PM
My ride home after work yesterady sucked.... I expect moer of the same today.. its probably going to take 2 hours...:rolleyes:

njf4i
01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah yesterdays ride was just garbage. I put on a nice 30 miles with the old POS honda. Then i had the bad luck of stopping at Lorenzo's house. I was hoping that he wasn't gonna be home, but my luck proved wrong again and i had to talk to him for 10 mins.

Then i hit these garbage back roads by me that had no cars on them at all. I mean i love riding thru turns behind 10 cars going 10mph under the speed limit.

I think im just gonna put the bike away until the next 55 degree day where i know i'll have another crappy time.

:lol: