PDA

View Full Version : This is why i'm scared of other drivers *MUST SEE*

Rev
01-06-2006, 02:38 PM
http://www.guzer.com/videos/motorcycle_hits_car2.php

soda7o
01-06-2006, 03:00 PM
not to be a ney sayer but "WARNING: Extreme - Please do not watch this if you do not want to see an extreme accident. A car turns in front a motorcycle and the rider goes flying through the air. We do not know his condition but since he had a helmet on he probably came through it ok." this statement is not necessarly true, blunt forse , snapped neck etcetc.. helmet and jacket only protec youso far...

Rev
01-06-2006, 03:10 PM
yeah seriously that guy was hit pretty bad...

Smokes35
01-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Holy crap--- that bings back bad memories--

Same thing happened to me... cept she was comming out of a bank... no major injuries-- the front wheel of mybike was touching the back tho--- and my jacket, helmet, jeans, boots, gloves were all trashed...

they were about to start CPR when i came to and started wiggin out on the lady--

I hope the rider was ok

PitsVtec
01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
I do hope the rider is ok, but not for nothing, it looks like the rider was flying down the street, which he shouldn't have been. The car looks like it's turning very slow and the rider crashed into it b/c he couldn't stop.

High_Revs_17
01-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Whatever...it's the cager's fault.

njf4i
01-06-2006, 06:57 PM
You really can't tell from that video if it was the bikes fault or not. But bottom line that car should have never tried to get into the gas station in front of the bike.

Also did you see all the other cars just drive around the accident. They could care less that the biker just went flying thru the air. :(

RonJ83
01-06-2006, 08:25 PM
we all know the risk of being on 2 wheels, shit like this happens. either take the chance or get off the horse my $0.02. as for the guy who went fly i hope he made it out alright. cagers will be cagers, there are time even we are cagers and not looking out for other bikers.

High_Revs_17
01-07-2006, 12:04 AM
there are time even we are cagers and not looking out for other bikers.

Speak for yourself on that one, cuz I'm always lookin' out...

RonJ83
01-07-2006, 02:22 AM
well if i hear their exhaust ill always try to get a point location but if there gonna fly out at 90 while spliting then i cant help it.

PitsVtec
01-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Speak for yourself on that one, cuz I'm always lookin' out...

Agree

Rockstar84
01-13-2006, 10:23 PM
it can't be the bikes fault... he might have been going too fast but if someone turns infront of you and blocks the road its their fault. I hope the biker was alright, I wish there was a follow up on it.

The person could have been turning so slow becuase it was one of these 80 year old half concious morons driving...

Roberts
01-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Fault or no Fault, from what i saw, that was totally avoidable. the bike made absolutely no attempt to avoid it. There was a pretty good time frame from when the car started to turn, stopped & then the bike hit it. Doesn't look like the bike even tried to stop, i see no nose diving in the front and no skid mark also no change of direction.

I still think the only unavoidable accident on a sport-bike is when you get rearendded. Bike rider's must aways anticipate the car and always be 100 times more alert. Always pretend you are invisable; because in most cases, you are.

PitsVtec
01-14-2006, 01:05 AM
I still think the only unavoidable accident on a sport-bike is when you get rearendded. Bike rider's must aways anticipate the car and always be 100 times more alert. Always pretend you are invisable; because in most cases, you are.

Good point, but with my accident I got cut off and the driver braked and immediately turned off the highway. I couldn't help but endo b/c the distance wasn't in my favor to avoid it. So I wouldn't leave that as the only unavoidable accident.

Roberts
01-14-2006, 02:40 AM
I don't know you, never met you or ever witnessed your riding so please do not take this as an attack. In my opinion it sounds as if you panicked, focused on the car & grabbed a fistful of brake and didn't make a change of direction. Had you been on a cruiser or in a car (non super car of course) I would just take your word, neither have the stopping power or quick response as a modern sport-bike. Our bikes can and do still change direction quite well with the back tire in the air but if you panic and focus on the car, you will hit it, guaranteed. It's very important to retrain (I don't mean you specifically) your mind set to look where you want to go, not where the problem is. You must always expect a crash so if a situation arises you were already expecting it and just react. This isn't Jedi shit i'm talking about either (even though it certainly looks it.)
Next time you go riding, try and remember where the majority of the time your eyes are focused. If the vast percentage is to the front only, chances are another accident is to come, this is how the majority of people ride, whether they believe it or not. Tunnel-vision to a moderate degree. In a perfect world that would be fine, but we are far from that. Anyone remember the Silon's from Battlestar Galatica (the chrome shiny ones) or K.I.T. from Knight Rider (or did I just sho my age LOL). Remember the the red light, scanning back and forth? That's what your eyes should be doing, not as fast of course; but always scanning, pausing briefly in the front.

The other part of the equation of course is knowing what can and cannot be done on a sport-bike and having the ability to do it. Like the guy in the video, more than likely he/she panicked and froze up, boom, crash, fault is not relevant avoidance is critical. I have so much more to input on this topic, but i'm sure no one will read it, lol! Ride safe