PDA

View Full Version : Don't get stuck in the dark with your tinted shield

High_Revs_17
12-24-2005, 06:19 PM
I've used this product for years and it's probably one of the most important pieces of gear I ever had.

http://www.shieldsak.com/

FigNewTon
12-25-2005, 03:05 PM
I can vouch for Ron on this one. He and I have been on a more then a few rides together where I really could have used one.

Kawibabe
12-25-2005, 04:44 PM
You can also get one by Fieldsheer for only $6.95:

http://www.fieldsheer.com/web2006/PRODUCT/introduction/luggage/visor%20bag.htm

High_Revs_17
12-26-2005, 01:06 AM
You can also get one by Fieldsheer for only $6.95:

Nice find!

Trinity
12-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I agree, riding in the dark with a tinted shield really sucks.

Xracer264
12-28-2005, 05:36 PM
That happened to me this past summer/early fall. Met the wife and kids at a party by my office @ 5:30pm. We were only suppose to stay till 7:00pm. We were there till 8:30pm. I only had my tinted shield and sun glass with me. Rode home with the shield up and glasses on! Totally sucked....

ffejtable
12-28-2005, 11:55 PM
I have been looking for one of these, but they all seem to run about $20... I will have to check this out tomorrow when I have a bit more time... Thanks Babe!

High_Revs_17
12-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Rode home with the shield up and glasses on!

So much for setting a good example, Coach. :lol:

iwrxit
01-04-2006, 07:51 PM
i have tinted shield on all my helmets. i WILL buy one of these. thanks!

njf4i
01-04-2006, 08:12 PM
I have been looking for one of these, but they all seem to run about $20... I will have to check this out tomorrow when I have a bit more time... Thanks Babe!
Or you can use the sock method. What i do is take a large sock (like an ice hockey player sock) and put the shield in that. Then i tuck the shield in the jacket around my waist. The shield never moves and doesn't get scratched. Total cost $5 :)

njracer
01-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Or you can use the sock method. What i do is take a large sock (like an ice hockey player sock) and put the shield in that. Then i tuck the shield in the jacket around my waist. The shield never moves and doesn't get scratched. Total cost $5 :)

My friends and I have been using the sock method for close to 20yrs. Take old sock, put a hole in the bottom and top, run an old shoe lace from one end to the other leaving enough slack so you can put it over your shoulder. Now ya got a shiels sack for almost nothing.

njracer

ffejtable
01-04-2006, 11:49 PM
The sock idea is good, too... for $7 the Fieldsheer product seems well worth it.. I actually have a kneedraggers GC, and 2 front sprockets I need to get, so I will add it to that order when I get around to placing it... I am waiting to see if they do a 10% off sale soon...

High_Revs_17
01-05-2006, 04:03 AM
You guys concern yourselves with quality riding & bike gear, then you have a sock slung around your neck under your jacket...some funny shit right there. :lol:

NeonspeedRT
01-05-2006, 11:41 AM
The new 06 Joe Rocket phoenix jacket has a built in shield holder. So you can carry an extra shield with you in your jacket. It's pretty cool.

Rev
01-05-2006, 06:01 PM
oh snap that's awesome...all joe rocket jackets in 06??

NeonspeedRT
01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
I know the new Phoenix does. I'm not sure about the others.

neebelung
01-10-2006, 12:28 PM
You guys concern yourselves with quality riding & bike gear, then you have a sock slung around your neck under your jacket...some funny shit right there. :lol:

:wtf: You make an excellent point....... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

simmons5
04-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Are the comfortable to ride in ?

High_Revs_17
04-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Are the comfortable to ride in ?

After using it the first time it's so comfy you'll forget it's there.

Gear Dog
04-03-2006, 08:45 PM
I'd rather stick with sun glasses. As for those built in to the jackets, I would be worried about taking a spill. Having that in the jacket and possibly breaking in my side just makes me want to do with out it.

ronin_01r1
04-03-2006, 08:59 PM
I'd rather stick with sun glasses. As for those built in to the jackets, I would be worried about taking a spill. Having that in the jacket and possibly breaking in my side just makes me want to do with out it.

that's my main concern also. i heard they have shields that tint / clear up automatically..like transition lenses.

soda7o
04-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I've used this product for years and it's probably one of the most important pieces of gear I ever had.

http://www.shieldsak.com/

ron also rocks the "Fanny Pack"
:wave:

Rock712
04-03-2006, 09:24 PM
get this and you don't need all that BS

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Fog_City_Hyper_Optics_Photochromatic_Face_Sheild_S ticker--32-FC-1.html

High_Revs_17
04-03-2006, 10:39 PM
I would be worried about taking a spill. Having that in the jacket and possibly breaking in my side just makes me want to do with out it.

FYI: I was thrown from my bike at over 60mph in my violent wreck last year, bounced around and tossed like a ragdoll, when the medics took off my jacket guess what...I was wearing a Shieldsak and my ribs and the clear shield were completely unharmed. I even wrote them a letter commending their efforts to create such a safe & high quality product.

High_Revs_17
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
that's my main concern also. i heard they have shields that tint / clear up automatically..like transition lenses.

Where's the link for those Song, I'd like to take a look.

High_Revs_17
04-03-2006, 10:42 PM
ron also rocks the "Fanny Pack" :wave:

Heh...I had next to zero storage for maps and paperwork under my seat so I always had the Jansport folded up and strapped down to the bitch pad with the cargo net. ;)

ImmaSquashYou
04-03-2006, 10:52 PM
why not just carry a bookbag with you or something?? i know it can get annoying at times, but i carry one most of the time. I went x-mas shopping, took my bike to my g/fs took her car tot he mall. Got back n went damn, how the hell am i gonna get all this crap home. I winded up putting the back inside my jacket an zipped it up and went home. Got to my house, my mom started to crack up when she saw how much crap i pulled outta my jacket

tweake
04-03-2006, 11:53 PM
oh snap that's awesome...all joe rocket jackets in 06??

i have the ballistic 6.0 and it has it :crazy:

Mach1
05-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Nice, Ingenious

bikerguyzx12
05-26-2006, 11:17 AM
I HAVE A WHOLE SHITLOAD OF THESE OVER HERE TOO, JUST USE THE SBA DISCOUNT WHEN U COME IN

5wytchBh4kk
05-26-2006, 11:44 AM

yes, i also use the sock method:jerkit: :roflmao:

i crashed on the turnpike because i was out longer than anticipated with a 5% shield. dumb on my part, but luckily i was able to learn from the experience without serious injury. i was approaching the tolls aiming for an ezpass lane when my front wheel fell into a deep pothole and didnt come back out. I probably wouldve noticed it better if i could see. i tried riding withmy visor up most of the trip but had to put it down for that part cuz i was getting alot of debris in my eyes. on all-day rides i usually wear my clear shield and a good pair of sunglasses that fit close to the face.

voteforguy
05-26-2006, 02:26 PM
get this and you don't need all that BS

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Fog_City_Hyper_Optics_Photochromatic_Face_Sheild_S ticker--32-FC-1.html
Have you used these? They say it causes a slight distortion in vision, it being a sticker and sht

Rock712
05-27-2006, 02:26 AM
Have you used these? They say it causes a slight distortion in vision, it being a sticker and sht

Bought one for my Arai, but gave it to a friend......He says its the greatest thing since sliced bread. never fogs and no distortion. It is the same principle as the glasses that change tint in sunlight. we were messing around in the parking lot watching it change from light to dark.....If i didn't already have 3 diff visors for my new lid I'd get the insert.....

FYI oxford makes a visor carrier they sell it at Powersport Honda/ Cross Country BMW in Metuchen for $12.