PDA

View Full Version : AMA Regulations

PitsVtec
12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
For America:
http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp

For NJ:
http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=nj

I knew those Monkey bars were too silly for NJ. :)

Cakes206
12-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Everyone should print out a sheet for their state and keep it with the bike. Especially in NJ when they try to give out a ticket for a loud exhaust or having a blinker out(in which case you best be using hand sigs to back it up.)

PitsVtec
12-12-2005, 06:05 PM
One reason why I posted this is because I was told my bike might not pass inspection due to my tinted out blinkers, but that is obviously not true! :)

CBRBob
12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Everyone should print out a sheet for their state and keep it with the bike. Especially in NJ when they try to give out a ticket for a loud exhaust or having a blinker out(in which case you best be using hand sigs to back it up.)

Here is the problem......
Muffler- No statewide acoustical criteria.

So they give you a jurisdictional ticket......... :wow:

pillaka
12-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Here is the problem......

So they give you a jurisdictional ticket......... :wow:

damn the man!

ffejtable
12-13-2005, 08:36 AM
While turn signals are NOT required, if they are installed they must be functional (and most likely DOT approved, but they rarely enforce this). Next time you are at DMV, ask them, as that should be their canned responsed...

Heck, last time I went for inspection I got by without my reflectorized helmet...

Intesting comment they have on lane splitting and riding two abreast per lane, tho...

Rydin_Da_Punani
12-13-2005, 10:04 AM
so is lane splitting legal?

ffejtable
12-13-2005, 01:46 PM
so is lane splitting legal?

i wouldnt bet on it... while there is no specific law against it, there is no law for it either... and we all know cops are going to pull you over whenever then want, for any reason they want.... there might not be a specific lanesplitting statue he will write you up for, but that doesnt mean he cant write you up for careless, improper passing or following too close, to name a few...