PDA

View Full Version : Standups.....

Kennedy
06-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Well looks like Ill be learning 2nd gear standups by friday, Already have second gear clutch sit downs pretty well....anyone else enjoy being on one wheel?

jcblitz
06-01-2005, 10:30 PM
love it. I prefer using the left buddy peg for stand ups, more comfortable position for long wheelies and it feels more in control than just a balancing act.

Kennedy
06-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I have yet to try the left buddy peg for the stand ups...how do you bounce it up then?

Vin
06-01-2005, 11:36 PM
I can power wheelie about 3 inches. :jerkit: :roflmao:

Cakes206
06-02-2005, 12:28 AM
I can power wheelie about 3 inches. :jerkit: :roflmao:

It's not the size of the wheelie... :roflmao:

I get the occasional 1 gear wheelie and ride it out..thats bout it...I'd rather be doing 150...hard on the brakes...tip it in...drag knee...power out... ;)

Qetesh
06-02-2005, 08:24 AM
It's not the size of the wheelie... :roflmao:

I get the occasional 1 gear wheelie and ride it out..thats bout it...I'd rather be doing 150...hard on the brakes...tip it in...drag knee...power out... ;)

I can vouch for his 1 gear wheelie...he showed me one on Monday :banghead: :roflmao:

jcblitz
06-02-2005, 08:50 AM
When I first started wheeling I would bounce it up in second. I have a 929 so it's not much work, but once you learn to clutch it there isn't a need to bounch at all. Just some clutch and a little weight shift and you're off. If you can clutch sit downs, stand ups should be easier, just put most of your weight on the rear peg. I got bored one day and decided to try and bounce it up for old times sake...almost wrecked.

Kennedy
06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Well only reason I havent tried stand up clutching is because Im not sure whether to clutch get in in a wheelie then stand or stand and then clutch?

Jay
06-02-2005, 11:40 AM
I use to wheelie for quite a while. Had about a mile before i would get tired. Got out of the whole stunt thing though.

Just remember, cover that rear brake and take it slow. You start trying to force wheelies by throttling them out, and you risk the rear tire walking (wobbling) which could be bad at a 70 mph stand up. Especially if you end up putting it down crooked.

Cakes misses the days of my highway wheelie antics.... :roflmao:

Cakes206
06-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Cakes misses the days of my highway wheelie antics.... :roflmao:

Oh man...I'm havin flashbacks :panic2:

Bullshark
06-05-2005, 08:25 PM
I used to mess around wheeliein my F4, looped that bitch once..

My new one, I havent had the nerve to yet, I cant seem to get the clutching thing down, If you have any pointers, please share em..I'm feelin kinda squiiiiiiidlyyyyy..

~Donna~
06-10-2005, 05:31 PM
I used to mess around wheeliein my F4, looped that bitch once..

My new one, I havent had the nerve to yet, I cant seem to get the clutching thing down, If you have any pointers, please share em..I'm feelin kinda squiiiiiiidlyyyyy..

Why ya wanna start doing that :crazy: you need a :beat:

Kennedy
06-11-2005, 01:51 AM
Why ya wanna start doing that :crazy: you need a :beat:

Hey shit happens, may as well let the man do as he feels right?

~Donna~
06-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey shit happens, may as well let the man do as he feels right?

:nod: sure shit happens and I have no problem letting a "man" do as he feels :whistle:

Kennedy
06-11-2005, 11:01 PM
:nod: sure shit happens and I have no problem letting a "man" do as he feels :whistle:

Woops didn't mean to have that sound degrading to women.....