PDA

View Full Version : stupid questions

skid vicious
12-07-2005, 09:37 PM
i can't be the only one to get them.... am i? during the summer it's always;
(keep in mind that these are my smartass answers that i would like to say, but don't)
1 hey, is this thing fast?
--no. i swapped engines with a harley.
2 how does this thing handle?
--like your mom after 4 or 5 shooters of southern comfort. fast and easy.
3 how fast does your bike go?
--ugh. please make it stop...

now that it's winter and the temp has dropped people seem to ask the same fuckin thing
1 nice day for a ride, huh?
--yup every day is
2 aren't you cold?
--no, i have special underwear on that channels my own flatulence around my body to keep me warm.
3 kind of cold for a bike ride today huh?
--yeah and it's hot in the summer. it's called the change of seasons. leave me the fuck alone

i can always tell the jokers that are going to say something too. they linger around your area for just a little bit too long....trying to make eye contact. thats when i just keep my head down and fuckin ignore everyone. they all think they're so original

RollingSuicide
12-07-2005, 11:20 PM
+1

High_Revs_17
12-08-2005, 12:15 AM
C'mon Kurt, a little positive sportbike PR has never been a bad thing. So stop acting like a dick, pick up your head, smile, shake hands, and let those people know how nice and friendly we really are. :wave2:

Smokes35
12-08-2005, 12:20 AM
4. Are you an asshole
-- yes

Cakes206
12-08-2005, 12:28 AM
I get stupid shit like that all the time...the best was the other day when it snowed a lil, guys at work are like "Wheres the bike?" I can't even be bothered. Better yet, the people who always make the motion to lift up the front end, thats just great.

High_Revs_17
12-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Stupid questions are one thing...stupid parents thinking it's OK for their little shits to sit on my bike while I'm not there is something else.

benellis
12-08-2005, 07:08 AM
thats funny! my mom used to let me sit on peoples' bikes :lol:

Barbi
12-08-2005, 09:47 AM
I got a few...

1. When I have a skirt and heals on... Did you ride your bike today?
-- yeah, I just hike up my skirt and hop on.

2. When I have my helmet under my arm, my boots, mesh jacket and riding pants on... Did you ride your bike today?
-- no, I just want to feel really safe when I ride in my car.
or
same situation... Do you ride a motorcycle?
-- :crazy: uh? yeah!

ffejtable
12-08-2005, 10:12 AM
To hell with all people trying to be nice and friendly!

I am not much of a people person, but people trying to be friendly isnt so bad... Chances are they wish they had the balls to be what you are doing, anyway..

Sure, there are some dumb questions, but some people are just trying to be friendly, and you are acting like they are doing something so horrible? Sure, YOU may have heard the same stuff a billion times, but it may have been the first time they've said it...

I know where you are coming from, but its different than people trying to drive on the parkway next to me, watching me, rather than in front of them, talking on the cell phone with one hand and giving me some sort of wheelie signal with the other... That's just plain stupid...

FigNewTon
12-08-2005, 10:28 AM
For the most part I will usually ignore the "stupid questions" I am asked as most people are either uninformed and curious or just trying to make conversation.

On the other hand if I come out and find you sitting on my bike you will most likely be laying next to it when I ride away. I have not tolerance for that. You would not like it if you came out and I was sitting in your car.

skid vicious
12-08-2005, 11:01 AM
I get stupid shit like that all the time...the best was the other day when it snowed a lil, guys at work are like "Wheres the bike?" I can't even be bothered. Better yet, the people who always make the motion to lift up the front end, thats just great.
:roflmao:
classic

from SH.ORG;

One of my favorites: "Is that a 1100"?

What I wanted to say, but didn't: "Yeah, that 1300 on the side just stands for how much your momma weighs".
:lol:

skid vicious
12-08-2005, 11:03 AM
I got a few...

1. When I have a skirt and heals on... Did you ride your bike today?
-- yeah, I just hike up my skirt and hop on.

2. When I have my helmet under my arm, my boots, mesh jacket and riding pants on... Did you ride your bike today?
-- no, I just want to feel really safe when I ride in my car.
or
same situation... Do you ride a motorcycle?
-- :crazy: uh? yeah!

oh man, it must be 10 times worse being a chick on a bike. you gotta fend of the leg humpin masses and answer the stupid sexist questions. ya ever get something like
"can you really ride that thing?"

Kawibabe
12-08-2005, 12:34 PM
My conversations normally go:

Them: "Did you ride that...youself?"
Me: "Yes."
Them: "But you're a girl...and you're small....do you think that's a good idea?"

Or some similar variation of the above. I usually don't respond to it verbally, give them a death look or the "how do you even put your pants on in the morning, you are so stupid" look.

If I'm feeling fiesty sometimes I do give a pretty good sassy response.

:ohmygod:

NeonspeedRT
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
now that it's winter and the temp has dropped people seem to ask the same fuckin thing
1 nice day for a ride, huh?
--yup every day is
2 aren't you cold?
--no, i have special underwear on that channels my own flatulence around my body to keep me warm.
3 kind of cold for a bike ride today huh?
--yeah and it's hot in the summer. it's called the change of seasons. leave me the fuck alone

+1 I have heard that almost every cold day we've had so far. Granted here in FL, we've only had maybe 7 or 8 days where it's been into the 30's or 40's in the morning. I can only imagine how often you must hear it up north.

Barbi
12-08-2005, 12:57 PM
oh man, it must be 10 times worse being a chick on a bike. you gotta fend of the leg humpin masses and answer the stupid sexist questions. ya ever get something like
"can you really ride that thing?"
Yeah, I think I've heard them all... :lol:

"Did you ride that yourself" :LOL: classic Abi...

Gear Dog
12-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah some of the questions can be really lame, but they are just trying to be friendly. Remember that same person you blew off may very well pass you on the road when you are broke down.

How about isn't that dangerous?
No it's the cars that don't pay attention that are dangerous.
Aren't you afraid of crashing?