PDA

View Full Version : Sold my old bike BUT

Gear Dog
11-29-2005, 12:53 AM
This guy is driving me nuts.
He originally e-mailed me about the bike back in 11/11.
The guy is from TN and I told him initially that for the price I was asking (800) he is going to spend almost the same in shiping. I also told him that he should look locally for a bike. Well this guy has written over 75 messages to me as well as countless calls and he is driving me nuts. I've tried to be patient with him being that he is a new rider but some of the questions this guy asks makes me wonder if I have a a camera watching me. Check out what he wrote below. I basically told him to take the MSF class and be careful.

how long do i need to go on those tires(on the bike) before i change them?
THE TIRES HAVE LESS THAN 200 MILES ON THEM AND HE WANTS TO KNOW HOW LONG BEFORE HE HAS TO CHANGE THEM :banghead:

can you suggest anything to help the performance of the bike ?

as far as your thought is the bike fast and do people ever say nice bike or is it too old ? IT'S A 92 F#@KING KATANA DUDE YOU AREN'T GOING TO BREAK ANY LAND SPEED RECORDS. I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK AS LONG AS THEY CAN SEE ME!!!

the reason im asking is i want to do everything i can do to improve looks and speed and riding!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I needed to vent, I'm ok now.

Gear Dog
11-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Here is one of the other great questions. :crazy:

whats the difference between exhaust on right side (the bike) or on the left side.

AfricanBootyScratcher
11-29-2005, 01:06 AM
haha, sounds like alot of what I have to deal with everyday

ffejtable
11-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Here is one of the other great questions. :crazy:

whats the difference between exhaust on right side (the bike) or on the left side.

he sounds lonely.. and you made a new friend....

my suggestion is to send him to a forum that might be a little more patient with him (NOT THIS ONE!) :)

Gear Dog
11-29-2005, 09:20 AM
I did I found a few beginner bike forums and even Katana specific that I forwarded on to him. They are picking up the bike today and then I'm done with this guy. I hate to just cut someone off like that but this guy is really starting to annoy me. Once they pick up the bike I'm going to tell him to go to a mechanic and ask him questions.

Cakes206
11-29-2005, 09:33 AM
my suggestion is to send him to a forum that might be a little more patient with him (NOT THIS ONE!) :)

Why not this one? This guy obviously is a true biginner and is just looking for any kind of information he can get. People could be feeding his head too, telling him what to ask, and he just doesn't know any better. My patients can run thin at times too, but I would think no matter how small or how inexperienced a question might seem, I would still try to answer it to where they would understand somewhat of whats going on rather than be ridiculed as I've seen on other sites. I'm a firm beliver of the only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked. Thats just me.

Mentioning the MSF course was a great start for him to learn.

BurnCycle
11-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Send him this pic and tell him he should use it as a reference when working on an old Katana. :)

Rev
11-29-2005, 12:06 PM
refer him to this site.... :lmao:

JasonB
11-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Just keep answering his questions. It wont hurt. We were all there, not knowing anything about bikes.

CBRBob
11-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Refer him to a 'stunta' board. :)

Gear Dog
11-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Just keep answering his questions. It wont hurt. We were all there, not knowing anything about bikes.

If he were posting in a forum everyone would be screaming to use the search feature. I'm just trying to tell him I'm not the "Shell Answer Man"!!!
He found my ad on-line and he can find answers to his question on-line. I spent an hour with him one night on the phone answering a bunch of questions. I get calls at work asking what kind of gas I used in it. I tell him and he says ok and hangs up. Then one day I was unavailable and he sends me a message telling me since he can't reach me he is going to cancel his credit card. I'm trying sooo hard not to let Da Bronx in me come out but this guy is really trying my patience.

ffejtable
11-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Why not this one? This guy obviously is a true biginner and is just looking for any kind of information he can get. People could be feeding his head too, telling him what to ask, and he just doesn't know any better. My patients can run thin at times too, but I would think no matter how small or how inexperienced a question might seem, I would still try to answer it to where they would understand somewhat of whats going on rather than be ridiculed as I've seen on other sites. I'm a firm beliver of the only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked. Thats just me.

Mentioning the MSF course was a great start for him to learn.

Personally I have a short fuse, but on the net i've learned to bite my lip most of the time... My problem is when people want things spoon fed to them and seemingly dont take any time to make an effort themselves.

Of course there are exceptions when the user name happens to be DougZ, or something like that... :)

Cakes206
11-29-2005, 06:30 PM
I get calls at work asking what kind of gas I used in it. I tell him and he says ok and hangs up.

You sure it ain't no one messin with ya...cause thats sum funnay ass shit right there :roflmao:

wcrbikemike
11-29-2005, 06:35 PM
You sure it ain't no one messin with ya...cause thats sum funnay ass shit right there :roflmao:

The next time you get a call try and tell if he is stuffing his mouth with some Cake. :wave2:

njf4i
11-29-2005, 07:14 PM
We don't yell at people here for not using the search button. Were a nice friendly board. :)

JasonB
11-30-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm trying sooo hard not to let Da Bronx in me come out but this guy is really trying my patience.
I heard dat :nod2: :nod2:

Keep your head and it will all work out as soon as he gets the bike. Think of it as you just helping someone that doesn't know dick about bikes.

Anubis
11-30-2005, 06:54 PM
HAHAHA, that made me laugh so hard, such dumb questions man. But we do all have to start somewhere i guess. Been into bikes all my life but just imagine starting from scratch, poor sod. :crazy: