PDA

View Full Version : Racers Prayer.

duc748pilot
11-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Before I start my engine lord I need to Speak to you.

And ask humbly for your blessing for what I am about to do.

I give you all the credit for it's only by your grace, that I have reached this starting line, to run another race.

The road that lies before me now, uncertain it may be, But I can face this challenge Lord, if you will ride with me.

Prepare my heart and give me strength, protect me from all harm.

With ever present danger, Hold me safely in your arms.

Lord bless my competition, my friends and family, May they know your love for them and see that love in me.

Please guide my way, direct my path, keep my perspective true,
and Lord remind me that in life all roads lead to you.

PitsVtec
11-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Nice... :nod2:
Whatever helps you ride, do it...

Vin
11-18-2005, 12:50 PM
While I'm not a racer and just a track day guy, I usually just repeat this mantra over and over in my head:

"Don't crash. Don't crash. Don't crash."

Last time out there though, it was: "Don't crash. Don't crash. Don't crash. Oh shit, I'm gonna crash. I crashed. Damn."

duc748pilot
11-18-2005, 12:57 PM
While I'm not a racer and just a track day guy, I usually just repeat this mantra over and over in my head:

"Don't crash. Don't crash. Don't crash."

Last time out there though, it was: "Don't crash. Don't crash. Don't crash. Oh shit, I'm gonna crash. I crashed. Damn."

i had a problem last season with that. I highsided pretty violently early on in the season, probably my second trackday. For some reason last season i couldnt get over it. I was ALWAYS thinking about crashing. The only thing that did was make me enjoy it less, add on to the stress of things, and make me grumpy. I had no motivation to go to the races. next year my main goal is to stop thinking about it every second ;)

Taz
11-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Before I start my engine lord I need to Speak to you.

And ask humbly for your blessing for what I am about to do.

I give you all the credit for it's only by your grace, that I have reached this starting line, to run another race.

The road that lies before me now, uncertain it may be, But I can face this challenge Lord, if you will ride with me.

Prepare my heart and give me strength, protect me from all harm.

With ever present danger, Hold me safely in your arms.

Lord bless my competition, my friends and family, May they know your love for them and see that love in me.

Please guide my way, direct my path, keep my perspective true,
and Lord remind me that in life all roads lead to you.

Very Nice! :nod2:

High_Revs_17
11-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Don't forget to kneel down and place your hands together over the rearset peg......or you'll be praying "AAAAAHH FACK?!"

PitsVtec
11-18-2005, 01:17 PM
i had a problem last season with that. I highsided pretty violently early on in the season, probably my second trackday. For some reason last season i couldnt get over it. I was ALWAYS thinking about crashing. The only thing that did was make me enjoy it less, add on to the stress of things, and make me grumpy. I had no motivation to go to the races. next year my main goal is to stop thinking about it every second ;)

I hear you on that...same thing with me...but it wasn't my fault, so I'm skeptical of others. :banghead:

duc748pilot
11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
mine was a combination of a slight hesitation/mechanical error. turn one pocono east has a slight speed bump. i was running pretty fast that day (1:12's for those who know east) and twice i hit that bump while downshifting and the bike went into a false neutral. i was able to kick it in and recover. third times a charm isnt that what they say? lol. lost all engine braking. figured i'd straighten it up and roll off to a stop. too bad there was a rut like haley's comet just hit pocono's infield. which sent the bike flipping and me upside down 10 ft in the air. it was pretty cool. lol

Vin
11-18-2005, 01:27 PM
mine was a combination of a slight hesitation/mechanical error. turn one pocono east has a slight speed bump. i was running pretty fast that day (1:12's for those who know east) and twice i hit that bump while downshifting and the bike went into a false neutral. i was able to kick it in and recover. third times a charm isnt that what they say? lol. lost all engine braking. figured i'd straighten it up and roll off to a stop. too bad there was a rut like haley's comet just hit pocono's infield. which sent the bike flipping and me upside down 10 ft in the air. it was pretty cool. lol

I just fooked up body position on T1 @ Summit. Either that or I let the concrete patch get to me.

High_Revs_17
11-18-2005, 01:35 PM
it wasn't my fault, so I'm skeptical of others. :banghead:

Don't bang your head over it, all street riders are like that, or should be. It doesn't take an accident to trigger that mind set, presumption and/or defensive riding is the best protection. Always assume every cager, animal, and object is out to harm you on the road.

High_Revs_17
11-18-2005, 01:38 PM
which sent the bike flipping and me upside down 10 ft in the air. it was pretty cool. lol

I know the feeling, and believe me, there's no cool factor there. ;)

duc748pilot
11-18-2005, 01:43 PM
well i walked away with a mangled tear off, a severly swollen hand which was broken but i never went back after that nights hospital visit so now i have limited motion of two left fingers. and the bike wasnt too bad. always wondered what it was like to fly...and it was cool

you on the other hand......that was NOT cool. i better see you at dave and busters. i will personally wheel you around in a palisades mall wheel chair. no joke.

BurnCycle
11-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Before a track day I listen to a recording of the All Blacks (http://www.allblacks.com/) doing the Haka (http://www.mariposaderojo.com/mpg/adidas.wmv).

PitsVtec
11-18-2005, 01:53 PM
well i walked away with a mangled tear off, a severly swollen hand which was broken but i never went back after that nights hospital visit so now i have limited motion of two left fingers. and the bike wasnt too bad. always wondered what it was like to fly...and it was cool

That wasn't too smart, now was it?

Ron is SBA's offical Preacher Man

duc748pilot
11-18-2005, 02:09 PM
i never claimed to be smart. im polish and italian. :)

High_Revs_17
11-18-2005, 02:13 PM
That wasn't too smart, now was it?

Ron is SBA's offical Preacher Man

Now who's preaching? :lol:

Oh christ...here we go again. :cries:

njf4i
11-18-2005, 02:36 PM

you on the other hand......that was NOT cool. i better see you at dave and busters. i will personally wheel you around in a palisades mall wheel chair. no joke.
Holy crap :lol: that just so reminded me of xenos pushing you around the palisades mall parking lot in the shopping cart. :LOL:

Vin
11-18-2005, 02:40 PM
i never claimed to be smart. im polish and italian. :)
So is my wife! :ohmygod:

Ant
12-07-2005, 10:05 AM

Just keep doing it and eventually you get over it. Trust me. :lol:

AfricanBootyScratcher
12-07-2005, 10:52 AM
i never claimed to be smart. im polish and italian. :) So is my wife! :ohmygod:

Michelle is a wopalok too!

duc748pilot
12-07-2005, 11:11 AM

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: thanks omar. lol

Vin
12-07-2005, 11:18 AM
:lol:

Kennedy
12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Try twice in one day FACK

Rock712
01-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Personally my Prayer of choice is the Alan Shepard prayer. (He is the first American in space)

"Please dear lord, don't let me fuck this up"

pillaka
01-07-2006, 05:30 PM

Which turn at pocono east did you get launched?

duc748pilot
01-09-2006, 10:19 AM
turn 1....prob 5th lap into the session. that infamous bump going into turn 1 threw me up in the seat making my shift incomplete.....going into a false neutral. rolled off, front tire into a ditch and wam.....SUPERMAN! lol

High_Revs_17
01-09-2006, 09:44 PM
rolled off, front tire into a ditch and wam.....SUPERMAN!

I know the feeling...:ohmygod: