PDA

View Full Version : Good Side Bad Side Article.....

Kennedy
11-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Article is by Keith Code....
Summary: Keith talks about reasons rider's fear making either a right or left hand turn. He gives remedies and solutions...awesome article.

I would like to thank Mr. Code personally for his permission to post these articles......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are technical points concerning a rider's fear of making either right or left hand turns. Many riders have this fear and it's frustrating. Scores of riders have complained to me about this with a sheepish sort of approach and "admitted" they were perplexed by it. Rightfully so, roughly 50% of their turns were being hampered by an unknown, un-categorized, seemingly unapproachable fear having no apparent source and no apparent reasoning behind it. Out of desperation for an answer riders have blamed their inability on being right or left handed, mysterious brain malfunctions and a host of other equally dead end "nonsense solutions"; nonsense because none of them answered their questions or addressed the hesitance, uncertainty and fear. Having a fear of right turns would be the worst if you lived in Kansas or Nebraska where practically the only turns worth the title are freeway on and off ramps. If you went "ramping" with your friends, "doing the cloverleaf", round and round, you'd be at the back of the pack . Anxiety on lefts would exclude you from the dirt track racing business for sure but mainly we are talking about day to day riding and any such apprehension as this (and there are others) spoils a rider's confidence, making him somewhat gun shy. There are actually three reasons why you could have this unidirectional phobia (fear) and all three contain an inordinate amount of some emotional response that runs from suspicion and distrust to mild panic and a dose of plain old anxiety dropped into the middle for good measure. By the way, if you consider yourself in this category of rider, count your blessings, many riders have bidirectional phobia and it's only by their force of will and love of freedom that they persist in their riding at all!

Rest Of The Article Can Be Found Here (http://www.superbikeschool.com/bbs/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=111&)

© Keith Code 1996-1997

IrocRob
11-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Definately a good read...
Now go out and
Practice Practice Practice

Kennedy
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Definately a good read...
Now go out and
Practice Practice Practice

I have tons more...but I don't want to spam up the site :nod2:

High_Revs_17
11-13-2005, 07:20 PM
I have tons more...but I don't want to spam up the site :nod2:

Dude...post'em! It's what this site is all about. ;)

Kennedy
11-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Dude...post'em! It's what this site is all about. ;)

You asked for it....