PDA

View Full Version : X-Rays of my left leg's injury

High_Revs_17
11-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Being so many of you are wondering when I'm going to be off the crutches and back to normal, I figured I'd provide an inside look at what's been holding back my quick progress since my bike wreck on 5/30/05.

These were taken a while ago but all the hardware's the same. There's a total of 15 titanium screws and 3 plates holding the shattered Tibial Plateau (lower base of knee joint) & Tibial compound fractures together. 2 of those screws are small tack screws placed in the Patella (kneecap) to fasten the Patella Tendon properly.

Aside from the fractures my knee is recovering from it's dislocation which caused a detached Patella Tendon and detached PCL. Therapy's painful as ususal to stretch it but it's ROM (range of motion) is up to 80 degrees of flexion as of today when I completed therapy, so therapy's moving slowly but nicely.

I just got back from the Ortho Dr. for a 6 week followup and he said I can move up in partial weight bearing from 20 pounds (previously) to 50 pounds of pressure, which means I'll be stuck on these crutches till I see him for an earlier followup 3 weeks from now and hopefully I'll be able to put either almost full or full pressure back on the leg. His concern is the healing of the shattered portion of the Tibial Plateau, the bone grafts are still growing so it's very important that full weight is not put on that area until it's strong enough or it will collapse.

Thanks again for all your support and kind thoughts guys! :)

(keep in mind I had to put these up on the window to expose them so the lighting isn't even)

Frontal view, long thin metal running along either side of the leg is the knee immobilizer brace.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/HighRevs17/xray1.jpg

Left side view
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/HighRevs17/xray4.jpg

Smokes35
11-10-2005, 07:04 PM
OMFG... your leg has its own aisle at home depot!!!!!!

Good luck with that! Hope it heals well!!!

soda7o
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
ouch..my knees hurt just by loking at that... mu cousins leg lookedliek that when she was hit by a cabbie trying to make alight.. sh eis back to normal no but her leg stillhrts alot when it sraiang..
good luck withthe progress ronnie

Vin
11-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Uggggggg... looks like you kneed a box of nails in the balls.

But at least you're here to tell us of your wounds. :)

JasonB
11-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Man Ron...now i see what you were talking about when we talked on the phone about our injuries. Up to 80 degrees...90 is coming.

Detached Patella Tendon is the only thing we have in common.

Hang in there buddy. It will happen for you.

Cakes206
11-10-2005, 10:56 PM
(keep in mind I had to put these up on the window to expose them so the lighting isn't even)

I thought that looked like the sky in the first pic :lol:

But damn, I think the doc who worked on your leg was in construction in a past life or something...its gonna take time man...alot of it...keep goin...you have no choice ;)

PitsVtec
11-10-2005, 11:43 PM
ewe...want to see my legs and finger...lol...

Rydin_Da_Punani
11-10-2005, 11:45 PM
do the pins ever come out?

playdrty322
11-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Just glad ur ok bro !!! :roflmao:

Humblekat
11-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Very painful looking indeed...hope you get back to 100 percent soon!

PitsVtec
11-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Very painful looking indeed...hope you get back to 100 percent soon!

Agree....keep up the progress...

High_Revs_17
11-11-2005, 01:52 AM
do the pins ever come out?

At this point no...2 years from now, maybe.

High_Revs_17
11-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Just glad ur ok bro !!! :roflmao:

Thanks...despite the fact that you think this is funny for some unknown reason.

njf4i
11-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Sale on titanium plates in Ron's knee. Buy one get one half off.

Damn ron, that looks like the time i tried to nail my own tree stand together.

Just keep at it and you'll be back in the saddle in no time.

Taz
11-11-2005, 10:25 AM
:wow: look at all the titanium.

Ron I'm glad your able to but more pressure on it. Unfortunately it's going to take lots of time to heal. Your making great progress so far. Keep it up. ;)

Liltenatattoo
11-11-2005, 01:02 PM
i knew it as bad, the all those damn screws!!!! i still have 2 screws, they're about the same size as ur shorter ones in the exray. if you get all that taken out, they're definitly gonna wanna fill the space in with bone marrow. Your recovery is going alot faster than expected. You'll be up and running in no time!

and jase, ur not even at 90 and u were on the bike!?! u baaad boy. :wow:

DougZ
11-11-2005, 01:43 PM
hey Ron, you got a screw loose. bada dum. LOL