PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point WV, CCS cyclefest.

duc748pilot
05-26-2005, 09:47 AM
This weekend. Finally my first race of the season. Didnt come off to a good start with suit problems, then a highside at pocono after running off and hitting a ditch lol. Hand isnt really healed yet but im not waiting any longer. Should be a good time. Running GTU (30 minute race) MW SS, and MW SB. We'll see how I do. I'll post results Sunday night when I return. Everyone wish me luck! :blahblah:

Jimmy
05-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Good luck Chris! :biggthump

duc748pilot
06-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Ok well.....weekend went pretty smoothly. all i have to say though is that it was a huge crashfest all weekend. both on and off the track. kid smashed his head into a tree riding a quad in the woods with no helmet. a rider on a pit bike was hit by a car. lots of fun. anyway...

Friday: Marrc Practice day...Went smoothly....tired as hell from from arriving at 11:30 and staying up shootin the shit for another couple hours with everyone. didnt get my times down to anywhere near where i would of wanted them but i guess i cant complain. best time was 1:27.4. ended off the night with a nice filet at outback :)

saturday: woke up feeling the effects of the outback filet and my nerves making my stomach feel like it was being stepped on lol. Practice went well....taking it easy with 1:28-1:29's. Went for lunch and on the way back to the track the black clouds rolled in and it poured for a good hour. Team challenge race and the sun dried the track shortly after it stopped. so all was well for the unlimited supersport race. Gridded up 24th of over 30 riders. got a fairly good start and ended up finishing 17th of 25 racers who were left at the end.

Sunday: skipped practice due to my legs starting to fade fast in hopes of saving some energy for the races. first race of the day...heavyweight supersport....a rather Large grid with over 40 riders starting the race winded down to a 26th of somewhere around 38 racers finishing. One hell of a last lap with a ducati 996.....drafting each other back and forth, stuffing each other into turns, side by side......wheel to wheel to the line....but i guess i could tuck a little better with my small body lol.
Second race being unlimited superbike. finished 18th of 24 riders (i think). third lap race was red flagged for a pretty bad crash. spent 10 minutes in the pits.....went back out with cold tires and my fuel light blinking.....and figured i would just cruise and call it a weekend.

final thoughts :) i am out of shape. and the battle for 26th place is the most enjoyable time ive ever had on the track. sounds odd dosnt it? anyway...looking foward to vir festival of speed in 3 weeks.

Qetesh
06-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Awesome report Chris! Sounds like you're having a blast and enjoying this new adventure! Keep up the good work :jam2: Keep the reports coming ;)

DougZ
06-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Good job youngin'. :)

Cakes206
06-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Thats awesome man...sounds like you had a blast...whens the next race weekend for you?

duc748pilot
06-03-2005, 11:35 AM
next weekend is june 24th i think

vir festival of speed. ahhh yes....more money

njf4i
06-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Nice job chris. I am totally jealous of you.

Now all i need is the pants and i'll be ready to follow in your foot steps. :)

JasonB
06-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Nice job chris. I am totally jealous of you.

Now all i need is the pants and i'll be ready to follow in your foot steps. :)
Are you still taking your bike to the track or are you going to chicken out?

njracer
06-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Ok well.....weekend went pretty smoothly. all i have to say though is that it was a huge crashfest all weekend. both on and off the track. kid smashed his head into a tree riding a quad in the woods with no helmet. a rider on a pit bike was hit by a car. lots of fun. anyway...

Friday: Marrc Practice day...Went smoothly....tired as hell from from arriving at 11:30 and staying up shootin the shit for another couple hours with everyone. didnt get my times down to anywhere near where i would of wanted them but i guess i cant complain. best time was 1:27.4. ended off the night with a nice filet at outback :)

saturday: woke up feeling the effects of the outback filet and my nerves making my stomach feel like it was being stepped on lol. Practice went well....taking it easy with 1:28-1:29's. Went for lunch and on the way back to the track the black clouds rolled in and it poured for a good hour. Team challenge race and the sun dried the track shortly after it stopped. so all was well for the unlimited supersport race. Gridded up 24th of over 30 riders. got a fairly good start and ended up finishing 17th of 25 racers who were left at the end.

Sunday: skipped practice due to my legs starting to fade fast in hopes of saving some energy for the races. first race of the day...heavyweight supersport....a rather Large grid with over 40 riders starting the race winded down to a 26th of somewhere around 38 racers finishing. One hell of a last lap with a ducati 996.....drafting each other back and forth, stuffing each other into turns, side by side......wheel to wheel to the line....but i guess i could tuck a little better with my small body lol.
Second race being unlimited superbike. finished 18th of 24 riders (i think). third lap race was red flagged for a pretty bad crash. spent 10 minutes in the pits.....went back out with cold tires and my fuel light blinking.....and figured i would just cruise and call it a weekend.

final thoughts :) i am out of shape. and the battle for 26th place is the most enjoyable time ive ever had on the track. sounds odd dosnt it? anyway...looking foward to vir festival of speed in 3 weeks.

Chris....you looked good out there....just take your time and the speed/times will come. Congrats to you for being the only one of your group not to bin-da-shit out of their bikes!! See...the wax helped ya! LOL

Anywho, I'm back there this weekend for the WERA race......come join us and race WERA as well.

njracer

duc748pilot
06-07-2005, 01:43 PM
wish i could. but i def cant do both. i dont have that type of cash :(