PDA

View Full Version : The story of the speed HUMP

njf4i
11-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Well i was on my way to another wonderful afternoon of bow hunting in beautiful millstone NJ. I took my normal route there that goes through a residential area and school zone. They installed speed humps which keep people from going over the 25mph limit. So as i was on my way i came up to

The Speed Hump Sign:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5480/speedhumpsign3xz.jpg

The Speed Hump:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8959/speedhump6ex.jpg

The road after the speed hump (notice the nice 40 feet skid mark):
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5645/truckskid2yr.jpg

This is how the speed hump won: :wow: :ohmygod: :cries: :ohmygod: :wow:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8402/truckfront7la.jpg

This is the up close pic of how my truck looked:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/127/tirecloseshot2vc.jpg

There goes the poor litte red truck: :cries: :cries:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2909/trucktow7wt.jpg

The moral of the story: When Dodge sends you a recall notice about the front tire falling off, take the freaking truck in.

I HATE DODGE AND MY STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrQuickR1
11-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Holy Shit!!!! :ohmygod:
That's fucked up! Blame it on the hump and sue.
I bet the deer was laughing like the geico commercial :lol:

jcblitz
11-09-2005, 09:49 PM
how big was the skid mark in your pants?

High_Revs_17
11-09-2005, 09:54 PM
I told you to stop watching those monster truck shows nooka?! :wow:

CBRBob
11-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Broken upper ball joint, sad...........

Qetesh
11-09-2005, 11:24 PM
how big was the skid mark in your pants?

+1 :LOL: :LOL:

That's a drag Nick! Time to get a new truck ;)

Cakes206
11-10-2005, 12:38 AM
The moral of the story: When Dodge sends you a recall notice about the front tire falling off, take the freaking truck in.

I HATE DODGE AND MY STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doh...they did their job...now you gotta do yours...besides..."You'll shoot chyer eye out" On the upside, this shouldn't cost you anything since it was in fact recalled. G'luck.

PitsVtec
11-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Holy Shit!!!! :ohmygod:
That's fucked up! Blame it on the hump and sue.
I bet the deer was laughing like the geico commercial :lol:

You can take this issue up with the town. They should cover the repairs and towing. Talk to me if you need legal help. The town of Westfield has them too, but not that fucking big! Shit.... :eek:

soda7o
11-10-2005, 12:53 AM
that should be no probem to fix... but damn that sucks the big 1

benellis
11-10-2005, 07:10 AM
broken UBJ, I'll have to remember that next time I'm side by side with a dodge truck. Anyways, Eatontown has installed the huge speed bumps all around town, and some of them are in bad spots, like the middle of a turn. How are you going to plow that when it snows?

Islandmon
11-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Damn Nick that's a nice way to beat up on your truck trying to go 50 over one of those things :lol: :lol: . Well at least it will be or should be free. Hope your undies are clean now. :P .

ffejtable
11-10-2005, 08:32 AM
that sucks, but you should have known to take the truck in.. recalls shouldnt be taken lightly... while dodge is responsible for repairing the UBJ, the towing costs, etc may not be covered, altho they probably will... the town I am sure is aware of the recall as well, this was a fairly popular recall because it involved such a large number of vehicles... they should defer all claims to dodge, it wasnt the speedbumps fault in this case....

glad i got the 2wd truck, they arent "supposed" to have been effected, although they did a courtesty extension of my warranty for the parts involved....

Taz
11-10-2005, 10:26 AM
that sucks, but you should have known to take the truck in.. recalls shouldnt be taken lightly...

+1

AfricanBootyScratcher
11-10-2005, 12:02 PM
wow, things that suck!

njf4i
11-10-2005, 05:58 PM
that sucks, but you should have known to take the truck in.. recalls shouldnt be taken lightly... while dodge is responsible for repairing the UBJ, the towing costs, etc may not be covered, altho they probably will... the town I am sure is aware of the recall as well, this was a fairly popular recall because it involved such a large number of vehicles... they should defer all claims to dodge, it wasnt the speedbumps fault in this case....

glad i got the 2wd truck, they arent "supposed" to have been effected, although they did a courtesty extension of my warranty for the parts involved....

Well im not gonna go and take the town to court. Bottom line was that i didn't take the recall seriously, or i was just to fucking lazy like usual. The good thing was that it happened when i was only going 5mph with nobody or no thing around me. It could have been realy bad if that happened at 70mph on the highway. Also the tow only cost me $21 because my father has AAA.

Now i just have to wait until atleast monday before they go and look at the truck. The truck is still under the recall and i shouldn't have to pay for any of the repairs. Also they said if there was some damage done by the accident, they should take care of it because its dodge's fault for there bad equiment.

So lesson learned. The hard way of cours. :ohmygod:

ffejtable
11-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Well im not gonna go and take the town to court. Bottom line was that i didn't take the recall seriously, or i was just to fucking lazy like usual. The good thing was that it happened when i was only going 5mph with nobody or no thing around me. It could have been realy bad if that happened at 70mph on the highway. Also the tow only cost me $21 because my father has AAA.

Now i just have to wait until atleast monday before they go and look at the truck. The truck is still under the recall and i shouldn't have to pay for any of the repairs. Also they said if there was some damage done by the accident, they should take care of it because its dodge's fault for there bad equiment.

So lesson learned. The hard way of cours. :ohmygod:

yeah it totally sucks, and like you said fortunately it was low speed and nobody got hurt...

i know all about being lazy, just look at the rear window in my truck... its what happens when you only use one tiedown to hold your bike in your truck bed... hey! i was only going right down the street.....