PDA

View Full Version : Riding Buds

MarcF4i
11-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but not new to riding. I found SBA through a SBN link.

Here's the point of my thread:
If you have been riding for several years of street riding as I have then you will have likely met several other riders and maybe even have a special group that you have ridden with for awhile. As with any group, people come and people go. In the small group that I've ridden with for the past 5 years or so we've come to the point that it's almost impossible to get all of us together and many times not even a couple together due to family, work, other committments or just plain laziness from some people. This has led me to ride mainly on my own. I ride other times of the week but generally I ride earrly on Sunday mornings through the hills of Sussex, Warren, Passaic and the southern parts of NYS or eastern parts of PA.

I have to admit riding by yourself does give you a lot time to think and work on various skills or aspects of your personal riding abilities not to mention setting your own pace and timeframes. However, riding with friends does make riding fun especially when you stop to take a break or get something to eat. Having riding friends around is also helpful if something goes wrong.

The value of riding with like minded/sensible riders as many of you likely have then you'll understand that a riding group helps riders grow in terms of abilities and experience. I've learned from riders that I've ridden with and a few have learned from me in terms of riding lines, street strategy, safety and several other areas.

If any of you have a penchant for riding early on Sunday mornings through northwest NJ and are sensible riders please post to this thread and maybe we can create a new group of riding buds.

-Marc

Rydin_Da_Punani
11-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Welcome

MarcF4i
11-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the welcome Punani.

Funny sig, has that really worked with the girls?

Welcome

HondaGalToo
11-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Welcome, Marc! Sunday morning rides in northwest NJ sound good to me! Hopefully there will be a few more good weekends this season...

Kennedy
11-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but not new to riding. I found SBA through a SBN link.

Here's the point of my thread:
If you have been riding for several years of street riding as I have then you will have likely met several other riders and maybe even have a special group that you have ridden with for awhile. As with any group, people come and people go. In the small group that I've ridden with for the past 5 years or so we've come to the point that it's almost impossible to get all of us together and many times not even a couple together due to family, work, other committments or just plain laziness from some people. This has led me to ride mainly on my own. I ride other times of the week but generally I ride earrly on Sunday mornings through the hills of Sussex, Warren, Passaic and the southern parts of NYS or eastern parts of PA.

I have to admit riding by yourself does give you a lot time to think and work on various skills or aspects of your personal riding abilities not to mention setting your own pace and timeframes. However, riding with friends does make riding fun especially when you stop to take a break or get something to eat. Having riding friends around is also helpful if something goes wrong.

The value of riding with like minded/sensible riders as many of you likely have then you'll understand that a riding group helps riders grow in terms of abilities and experience. I've learned from riders that I've ridden with and a few have learned from me in terms of riding lines, street strategy, safety and several other areas.

If any of you have a penchant for riding early on Sunday mornings through northwest NJ and are sensible riders please post to this thread and maybe we can create a new group of riding buds.

-Marc

I think that was my link Marc....!!!Kennedy!!! ???

ffejtable
11-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey! Plenty of us in Jersey that ride on the weekends... I must admit tho I have done few group rides this year mostly because of other things going on, and I have become a track whore... With it this late in the year I dont expect to be doing any more group rides up north, but there is always next year!

Enjoy the site, its a nice and friendly place. :)

njf4i
11-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the site Marc.

Like you said there are good things to riding solo, and good things to riding with your group. This year we had a good solid group of riders (about 6 or so total) but slowly we all started to do our own thing. :( But hopefully things will pick right back up next year.

soda7o
11-07-2005, 07:55 PM

Like you said there are good things to riding solo, and good things to riding with your group. This year we had a good solid group of riders (about 6 or so total) but slowly we all started to do our own thing. :( But hopefully things will pick right back up next year.

group rides can be fun but large groups can be a pain..
the new hope?wcw ride was cool at first that we had to go offroading... which was kind of cool but than after we allsplit up xanos (switchback) lead u son sime nice roads...

but sometimes i liek riding by my self cause i get people in trouble :(

High_Revs_17
11-07-2005, 08:37 PM
This year we had a good solid group of riders (about 6 or so total) but slowly we all started to do our own thing. :(

I didn't have much of a choice nooka. ;)

Qetesh
11-08-2005, 02:58 AM
Welcome to SBA Marc :wave2: My street season is over and my track season will be over after this weekend :cries: There will be lots of rides next year. Hopefully you will be able to join some of them :)

PitsVtec
11-08-2005, 11:05 AM
YO Marc....my season is not over, but my mans' might be. So I don't know if I'll be up for riding with people I don't know without him. It might just be my solo time like it was last year.

Anyway, welcome the site and enjoy it! :wave2:

MrQuickR1
11-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Funny I always ride Sunday mornings and sounds like similar areas I ride as you do. The guys I ride with well, one is just too into poonanny right now to ride, the other is going track, and the other is race, and the other is going track/street....it's hard to find people you can ride well together with keeping good pace, space, and punctual.
I'm done for this season, but definitely look me up in the spring.

FigNewTon
11-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Welcome to SBA Marc

Since my move to NC in April most of my riding has been solo. Doesn't really bother me either way as I just enjoy being out there. I do miss the organized group rides we had through Sussex ect....I have gone on a couple group rides down here and the lack of structure was a little scary.

MarcF4i
11-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the link Kennedy. I wish I would have found this forum sooner.

I think that was my link Marc....!!!Kennedy!!! ???

MarcF4i
11-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Six seems like a decent number of riders because much beyond that you start getting into the "rubber-band" issue .

(Big Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome)

-Marc

High_Revs_17
11-09-2005, 09:07 PM
The guys I ride with well, one is just too into poonanny right now to ride, the other is going track, and the other is race, and the other is going track/street....

...and one is still healing. ;)

Kennedy
11-09-2005, 11:57 PM

And one is still riding....bitches ...but I think I was the track/street guy if I read correctly lol

MarcF4i
11-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Hi HondaGal,

Thanks for the welcome. I believe that they are calling for decent weather this weekend. I'll be out there because there aren't many likely nice weather weekends left. Hope to see some of you out there. I will probably ride up in Sussex or up through Harriman. Everyone should keep their eyes peeled for wet leaves, debris and cold roads.

I usually start riding around 8 AM from the west Essex area after I get a shot of joe to wake up. Drop me a note if anyone is interested in riding this Sunday.

Welcome, Marc! Sunday morning rides in northwest NJ sound good to me! Hopefully there will be a few more good weekends this season...

MarcF4i
11-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Our group started several years back after we broke off from the Southern Cruisers Group because our riding styles didn't match. Most of the riders in that group were cruiser guys (about 90%) i.e. the name and about 10% of us sportbikers usually pissed off the rest of the guys when riding even though we all got along during meetings.

We decided to make our own group of about 7 SB riders that eventually became 10. As a group we rode together a few times per year with a smaller group of about 2 to 5 riding almost every weekend. As the years past we dwindled, who broke up, got married, had accidents, got new jobs, moved, etc. which has led to the current condition.

Nevertheless, thanks, and next year should be a good one.

(BTW, nice choice of bike. You could say I'm a little biased.)

MarcF4i
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
YO PitsVtec, thanks for the welcome. I hope your man has a speedy recovery. I can totally understand that, "...not riding with people you don't know", because it takes time to develop a riding relationship.

Hopefully a few of us will eventually get to ride together sometime.

YO Marc....my season is not over, but my mans' might be. So I don't know if I'll be up for riding with people I don't know without him. It might just be my solo time like it was last year.

Anyway, welcome the site and enjoy it! :wave2:

PitsVtec
11-10-2005, 05:22 PM
YO PitsVtec, thanks for the welcome. I hope your man has a speedy recovery. I can totally understand that, "...not riding with people you don't know", because it takes time to develop a riding relationship.

Hopefully a few of will eventually get to ride together sometime.

Thanks so much...but maybe I'll go one day...it all depends on my mood and who I'm with.....

When my biscuiteer is better, we will all ride!!!

soda7o
11-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks so much...but maybe I'll go one day...it all depends on my mood and who I'm with.....

When my biscuiteer is better, we will all ride!!!

ohh how cute

PitsVtec: i love you
Revs: no i lov eyou
PitsVtec: no i love you more
Revs; no i love youmore!
PitsVtec: no nono i love you more
Revs: no no nono ilove youmore
PitsVtec; no u hang up
Revs; no no you hang up first

PitsVtec
11-10-2005, 05:31 PM
ohh how cute

PitsVtec: i love you
Revs: no i lov eyou
PitsVtec: no i love you more
Revs; no i love youmore!
PitsVtec: no nono i love you more
Revs: no no nono ilove youmore
PitsVtec; no u hang up
Revs; no no you hang up first

Soda you hit the nail on the head...that is exactly how we are....jealous much?

soda7o
11-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Soda you hit the nail on the head...that is exactly how we are....jealous much?

NO not relaly i am not to emotional... at all i hate lubby dubbuie crap like that.. i speak thru actions not words.. :-)~

but thats cute.. youguys seem like you have agood thinkg going..

*** anyway that was a joke we used to do to our friend and his e girlfriend- they were always like that... that didnt last to long.. :lol: ****

njf4i
11-10-2005, 06:10 PM
My phone call goes:

njf4i: ok baby i gotta go.
soda70: please don't go yet.
njf4i: i'll see you soon baby. real soon
soda70: it better be soon because i can't be without you.
njf4i: ok you dumb bitch ill call you later
soda70: ohhh i like it when you talk dirty to me

:lol:

soda7o
11-10-2005, 06:14 PM
My phone call goes:

njf4i: ok baby i gotta go.
soda70: please don't go yet.
njf4i: i'll see you soon baby. real soon
soda70: it better be soon because i can't be without you.
njf4i: ok you dumb bitch ill call you later
soda70: ohhh i like it when you talk dirty to me

:lol:

shush....mack will get mad...

Rev
11-10-2005, 06:51 PM

now two

SilverDragon
11-10-2005, 11:33 PM
now two

Alright!!! and both words spelled correctly! :D