PDA

View Full Version : DIY Tire Changing Doc.

Cakes206
11-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Excellent info. 56K beware.

DIY Tire Changing (http://www.clarity.net/~adam/tire-changing.html)

skid vicious
11-06-2005, 08:38 PM
thats pretty cool. but i'd much rather use a tire changing machine. i've been toying around with the idea for a while

ffejtable
11-06-2005, 11:19 PM
I did my own last week using this document... Its really a LOT easier than I thought it would be.. Its insane that dealers charge an hour for this work... With 0 prior experience I was able to mount it (incorrectely), take it off, and put it back on the right way in under an hour... And I was using screwdrivers to pry the thing on and off because I didnt have tire irons... I havent balanced the thing yet, but I have bigger concerns, since the wheel iteself turned out to be for a zx9r instead of a zx6r like I was told it was... New "custom" bearings so I can use this wheel on a zx6r should be here this week...

I wont do this myself for a while on wheels I actually care about, I dont trust myself yet not to scratch the rims, however the #2 plastic they recommend do a pretty darn good job if you can keep them in place...

IrocRob
11-11-2005, 03:33 PM
...the #2 plastic they recommend do a pretty darn good job if you can keep them in place...

#2 = HDPE = High Density Polyethelene

Okay, my geek moment is over, back to work... :wave2:

soda7o
11-11-2005, 04:00 PM
i still dont get teh balancing part but changing tires shoul dbe a brze..but why build allof those contraptoins when youcna just buy the whole kit fo rundr 100 bucks..

FDNYDANO18
04-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I think I'm gonna try this out once I get my garage set up...great post.. Thanks Joe!