PDA

View Full Version : Project r6 in process ***Pics Added***

Chris
10-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Well i hated to see my gsxr go but i had to do it.Now i have a winter project to do.I got a left over 05 r6.So the fun begins!I got it home and about an hour later it was in peices.All the parts are on the way and still trying to go to vir.Here are some pics.I'll post more as the project goes on.
chris

Qetesh
10-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Well i hated to see my gsxr go but i had to do it.Now i have a winter project to do.I got a left over 05 r6.So the fun begins!I got it home and about an hour later it was in peices.All the parts are on the way and still trying to go to vir.Here are some pics.I'll post more as the project goes on.
chris

Congrats on the new bike Chris! Too bad I didn't get to take the 1k for a spin before you let it go :cries:

What parts did you order?

Lastly, what pics? :lol:

soda7o
10-25-2005, 09:44 PM
i dont see anypics unless you got one of those invisible R6s they made only a few o them last year .. :lol:

Jimmy
10-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Congrats Chris!

VIR!!! :nod2:

Chris
10-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Congrats on the new bike Chris! Too bad I didn't get to take the 1k for a spin before you let it go :cries:

What parts did you order?

Lastly, what pics? :lol:
I ordered body work,pipe,power commander,sliders.spools,clip ons,rear sets,steering damper bracket and waiting for glen to return me call about suspension.Sorry about pics having trouble

Vin
10-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Good luck with the new R6. I'm guessing a name change is in order? :)

njracer
10-26-2005, 09:34 AM
I ordered body work,pipe,power commander,sliders.spools,clip ons,rear sets,steering damper bracket and waiting for glen to return me call about suspension.Sorry about pics having trouble

Congrats on the bike!!

OTOH - If you are talking about getting your suspension done at TPM by Glen, I say ya take a pass.....nothing against Glen but if you want it done right I suggest Thermosman www.thermosman.com or Pete Kates at GMD Boston or even Max at Traxxion. Anyone can do suspension but these guys are the guys who are tuning suspension for top guys in AMA, FUSA, WERA and CCS. They REALLY know what they are doing.

Just my .02

njracer

Rev
10-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Congrats on the bike!!

OTOH - If you are talking about getting your suspension done at TPM by Glen, I say ya take a pass.....nothing against Glen but if you want it done right I suggest Thermosman www.thermosman.com or Pete Kates at GMD Boston or even Max at Traxxion. Anyone can do suspension but these guys are the guys who are tuning suspension for top guys in AMA, FUSA, WERA and CCS. They REALLY know what they are doing.

Just my .02

njracer

lol hope TPM doesn't read this :confused:

njracer
10-26-2005, 12:02 PM
lol hope TPM doesn't read this :confused:

I could care less if they read it....the truth is that the guys I listed are suspension EXPERTS....period. Not that TPM cannot set up a good bike but those guys listed do it for a living and have been doing it on the top level for years.

Just go to www.amasuperbike.com and look at the results and who the people list as their suspension guys. Thermosman, Traxxion, GMD, CTR, Kyle Racing are all listed it there. The new AK 20 Axxion cartridige kits are getting great reviews and they are a true drop in kit and can be reused once you change bikes.

I look at it this way.....do it right the 1st time and work with the best you can afford.

njracer

RCM78
10-26-2005, 10:38 PM
I would also recomend Solid Performance in PA. And KPS in NJ.
KPS is well known for dirtbikes but Micky assembled the forks on my R1 and they are great. He also got them done for me in one day!!!

njracer
10-26-2005, 11:02 PM
I would also recomend Solid Performance in PA. And KPS in NJ.
KPS is well known for dirtbikes but Micky assembled the forks on my R1 and they are great. He also got them done for me in one day!!!

I know KPS but who is Solid Performance??

FWIW - when it's time to service my forks and shock on my 426 I'll go to KPS but I would NEVER have him do my forks or shock on my race bike. I know it's the same thing (both have forks and shocks) but if I'm going to spend my cash on a suspension....I'm going to do it with a guy who knows road racing.....same goes for my dirt bike, I'm going to take it to a dirt bike guy....NOT a road racing guy.

If you want your suspension done right....take it to the people who know road racing.....period.

njracer

SilverDragon
10-26-2005, 11:03 PM
<--- anxiously awaiting pics. :)

Chris
10-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks for all of the advice from everyone,i decided to order the shock from penski and just change the springs and oil in the shocks for right now.Money going fast and still trying to go to vir.Over the winter i will have the forks done.Still having trouble with pics.I need the geek patrol to come and help!
chris

Cakes206
10-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Added the pics for ya...

RonJ83
10-31-2005, 03:24 PM
<--- anxiously awaiting pics. :)

please fix up your bike, lauren shed a tear yesterday. :roflmao:

SilverDragon
11-01-2005, 09:13 AM
please fix up your bike, lauren shed a tear yesterday. :roflmao:

LOL... I'm taking my time with fixing it in case I may have to fix the same area later! :D

Chris
11-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Almost done.Got my shock and forks back today.Shock on and waiting for the correct clips ons and she is all done.will posts new pics tomorrow.
chris

Chris
11-05-2005, 05:29 PM
he are some new pics.almost ready for vir

RCM78
11-05-2005, 08:14 PM
I know KPS but who is Solid Performance??

FWIW - when it's time to service my forks and shock on my 426 I'll go to KPS but I would NEVER have him do my forks or shock on my race bike. I know it's the same thing (both have forks and shocks) but if I'm going to spend my cash on a suspension....I'm going to do it with a guy who knows road racing.....same goes for my dirt bike, I'm going to take it to a dirt bike guy....NOT a road racing guy.

If you want your suspension done right....take it to the people who know road racing.....period.

njracer

Even Yarnall is Solid Performance. He worked with TPM for a while and now does all Mike Himmelsbach's work. He's reletively new to the suspension world but I doubt you'll find a bad opinion of him...

I here what your saying about KPS and road racing but I've had very good results from him. Granted I'm not at your level. I can do 25's at Summit main. But he also did Bill Sink's F4i forks and he can do 18's...

Besides, Suspension is not a black art. I think a bike can be set up properly with a little common sense and mechanical skill...

Cakes206
11-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Damn, ya got 'er hooked up pretty qwik...nice!

But he also did Bill Sink's F4i forks and he can do 18's...

Jesus :wtf: funny when ya feel someone grab yer arm down the front strait at Summit and yer at throttle lock then they're gone and I'm sittin there like :vent: :flip: :banghead: :vent: :LOL: :LOL: