PDA

View Full Version : Spare Parts

Vin
10-24-2005, 08:17 PM
What spare parts do you bring with you to the track?

From what my two days this year have taught me, crucial spares would be:

Tires (?)
Brake pads
Levers (clutch and brake)
Pegs
Clip-ons
Helmet (?)

Cakes206
10-24-2005, 08:46 PM
-Spare set of tires when it's getting close to changing them.
-Clip ons
-Grips

Some new spares I will be getting and keeping with me are:
-set of rims :lol:
-fairing stay

zip ties, saftey wire, and duct tape are your friends ;)

CBRBob
10-24-2005, 09:09 PM
I always believe spares should be parts that would be damaged in a crash, not wear items. If you need tires, then you bring them. If you need pads, put them on BEFORE you come to the track. Tape, zip-ties etc. for sure. Of course, bring that cowbell.

njracer
10-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Clip on and rear set parts are the only real spares I bring to the track.

Oh yeah, forgot about the extra lid (sometimes two), extra gloves, boots, leathers, rims (have two extra sets), fairing stay parts and I think thats about it. Anything else I'll just buy or borrow....mastercard is da BOMB!!!!!

njracer

AfricanBootyScratcher
10-25-2005, 09:38 AM
compleate clip-ons(with levers/brake master/etc)
rear sets
windshield
engine covers
random bolts
wheels with street tires (in case it's wet)
and of course ductape, zipties, and a hammer!

ffejtable
10-25-2005, 10:42 AM
I always believe spares should be parts that would be damaged in a crash, not wear items. If you need tires, then you bring them. If you need pads, put them on BEFORE you come to the track. Tape, zip-ties etc. for sure. Of course, bring that cowbell.

Last time I went to the track my spares included a whole bike, but thats cause it was the first time taking the "new" bike on the track...

Usually, however... I was bringing tires when I thought I was close to needing new ones, since I use a 120/160 set I brought my own pilot powers.. TPM probably only has the supercorsas in that size, and thats too much $$ for my cheap ass... Brakes pads should be checked before even going to the track, but I bring them anyway because I keep most of my spare parts in the same container.. Also a bunch of nuts and bolts.... I might steal the rearsets from my streetbike before going to VIR.....

lateapex
10-26-2005, 12:17 PM
History has proved that the part you leave home is tha part you'll need, so bring them all. I bring a complete front brake system, chush drive, spacers and if I had room I'd bring the spare gas tank and exhaust along. Your paying a lot of money for the day so why be sidelined over a part you have.

Don't forget the JB Weld and silicone, both have saved others and myslef a few times.

RCM78
10-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Unless you have a spare bike lying around. Like george says, The part you need will be the part you dont have...

In my case it's an engine... :cries:

BTW, I've seen several people bring spare engines to trackdays...