PitsVtec
10-21-2005, 04:20 PM
January 20- 22 http://nyc.motorcycleshows.com/imsnyc/v42/index.cvn

Cakes206
10-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Can we get through Oct Nov and Dec first? :crazy:

soda7o
10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
fuck that show it gets worst and worst every year..

now someone buy my bike.. thanks

Kennedy
10-21-2005, 04:37 PM
fuck that show it gets worst and worst every year..

Not only does the javits center get worst, but so does your spelling :LOL: :LOL:

soda7o
10-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Not only does the javits center get worst, but so does your spelling :LOL: :LOL:

shut up punk i spelled everythign correctly in that post... !

High_Revs_17
10-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Last year I remember seeing the shock on someone's face as they stood flatfoot on the Gix 1K. "Holy shit I can touch on this?!" :lol:

Cakes206
10-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Last year I remember seeing the shock on someone's face as they stood flatfoot on the Gix 1K. "Holy shit I can touch on this?!" :lol:

That would be TWO someone's faces ;)

And yes, it does get worse each year.

worst? :confused: :lol:

John712
10-21-2005, 07:57 PM
NOPE!

Qetesh
10-21-2005, 08:01 PM
That would be TWO someone's faces ;)

Yup! That would be me, one of the TWO :lol:

Despite the fact that it gets worse every year, I'm still goin! Gotta get me some more "purple" stuff since a certain someone has used most of it :omg:

Kennedy
10-21-2005, 10:57 PM
worst? :confused: :lol:

If you look at soda's first post...he said worst and worst...i was mocking his spelling error :nod2:

vice86
10-22-2005, 10:11 AM
any hotties from the board going? if so...i'm in....even though I don't even have a motorcycle. :)

Cakes206
10-22-2005, 10:57 AM
If you look at soda's first post...he said worst and worst...i was mocking his spelling error :nod2:

Exactly why I said it :lol:

njf4i
10-22-2005, 12:38 PM
any hotties from the board going? if so...i'm in....even though I don't even have a motorcycle. :)

I'm going Vice. You gonna buy me a drink if i let you take me? :lol:

DougZ
10-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Big Clark and I went last year, in the middle of the State of Emergency....LOL....Apparently, NJ state troopers don't like when you blow by them doing 65 MPH with an all wheel drive WRX and they are behind the stupid plow truck doing a piddly 35 MPH. LOL

The trooper was so pissed when he pulled over, he was litterally spitting as he was yelling at me, at the top of his lungs, with his eyes ready to explode outta his skull....I thought Clark and I were going to jail for sure.

Luckily, I was able to talk my way out of any tickets, and go on to enjoy the city and show, in the middle of that huge as storm. :)

John712
10-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Big Clark and I went last year, in the middle of the State of Emergency....LOL....Apparently, NJ state troopers don't like when you blow by them doing 65 MPH with an all wheel drive WRX and they are behind the stupid plow truck doing a piddly 35 MPH. LOL

The trooper was so pissed when he pulled over, he was litterally spitting as he was yelling at me, at the top of his lungs, with his eyes ready to explode outta his skull....I thought Clark and I were going to jail for sure.

Luckily, I was able to talk my way out of any tickets, and go on to enjoy the city and show, in the middle of that huge as storm. :)

OKAY, but are you "GOING" is what they wanna know.
and people call me dumb :lol:

DougZ
10-22-2005, 03:35 PM
OKAY, but are you "GOING" is what they wanna know.
and people call me dumb :lol:

LOL Mofo, that's cause you are dumb......LOL....jokin' kid.

I don't know if I am going yet or not.

CBRBob
10-22-2005, 07:48 PM

I'll be there Sunday as usual at the RENJ and TPM booths. I may do the setup on Fri as well. :wave2:

FigNewTon
10-24-2005, 08:41 AM
I went last year with a couple friends from my local dealer. They had an extra dealer pass so we got in 2 hours before everyone else.

PitsVtec
10-24-2005, 08:46 AM
I've never been before and I don't know if I should go with all you telling me it sucks more and more every year....???? Hmmm, what to do?

CBRBob
10-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I've never been before and I don't know if I should go with all you telling me it sucks more and more every year....???? Hmmm, what to do?

Maybe I can get you in :)

PitsVtec
10-24-2005, 07:24 PM

It would have to be me and the biscuit! ;)

Rev
10-24-2005, 07:26 PM

and his farts

Rev
10-24-2005, 07:27 PM

i'll wear something tight if u get me in for free :)

JasonB
10-24-2005, 07:32 PM
LMFAO

I'm going, bringing my son. He loves it.

PitsVtec
10-24-2005, 07:45 PM
LMFAO

I'm going, bringing my son. He loves it.

Jase - u know what u are to me.....BITER! LMAO!!! You have a son? What else do you have?
Rev- hmm... what???? Are you cheating on me? LOL!!!

CBRBob
10-24-2005, 07:57 PM

If Pits does, sure.
If you do....... :gay: :LOL:

PitsVtec
10-24-2005, 07:59 PM
If Pits does, sure.
If you do....... :gay: :LOL:

BWHAHA :LOL:
your just obsessed with the cousin that's all - freak! ;)

High_Revs_17
10-24-2005, 11:11 PM

No, the show doesn't suck, it's an awesome show that travels the world. You won't see such a display of sportbike stuff anywhere else. It's just very crowded if you decide to go late on Saturday or all day Sunday. Try to get there on Friday, if not get there first thing Saturday morning and you'll be fine.

'05 was much better than '04 because OCC wasn't there so it far less crowded. Bring some spending cash also cuz you never know what you might find on the floor. Sometimes vendors sell their products at great discounts so keep that in mind. And be sure to hit every isle in the vendor section just to be sure you don't miss anything you might like.

sljc600
10-24-2005, 11:40 PM

I will probably go... i haven't been either. who are you going with??

John712
10-24-2005, 11:45 PM
LOL Mofo, that's cause you are dumb......LOL....jokin' kid.

I don't know if I am going yet or not.

:lol: you know i love you :LOL:

but i may bring my daughter if i do in fact go

PitsVtec
10-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Thanks Ron for the info..

I will probably go... i haven't been either. who are you going with??

Feel free to come with if we do go....just let me know your plans...

AfricanBootyScratcher
10-25-2005, 10:39 AM
michelle and I will probably be there, even though I pretty much have a bike show infront of me every damn day!

sljc600
10-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Feel free to come with if we do go....just let me know your plans...[/QUOTE]

ok sounds good!!!!!

Redlinerider
10-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Can we get through Oct Nov and Dec first? :crazy:

should have at least 50 posts by the time the show comes around!! but i have a feeling that you will not let that happen here :crazy: :crazy:

CBRBob
10-25-2005, 11:23 PM
should have at least 50 posts by the time the show comes around!! but i have a feeling that you will not let that happen here :crazy: :crazy:

WTF is that supposed to mean :confused:

Redlinerider
10-25-2005, 11:31 PM
:nod2: WTF is that supposed to mean :confused:

unlike the other website when they have 50 threads about going to the show and then no one goes!! thats what i mean, i dont think cakes is going to allow that around here!
:nod2: :nod2:

High_Revs_17
10-25-2005, 11:44 PM
I was there last year and it was tough finding CBRBob...it was like looking for Silent Bob in a stack of Silent Bobs.

CBRBob
10-25-2005, 11:53 PM
I was there last year and it was tough finding CBRBob...it was like looking for Silent Bob in a stack of Silent Bobs.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/cowbellpost.jpg

Redlinerider
10-25-2005, 11:55 PM

how many times we talked about getting groups together, who was going on friday, or saturday, or sunday, then no one showed and the groups were small compared to the people that post about it!!

Cakes206
10-26-2005, 12:21 AM
:nod2:

unlike the other website when they have 50 threads about going to the show and then no one goes!! thats what i mean, i dont think cakes is going to allow that around here!
:nod2: :nod2:

As it gets closer we'll come up with a way to try and keep it somewhat organized...as far as people saying they'll go then not show...thats on them...even better though when you have someone who organizes something then dosen't go :lol:

High_Revs_17
10-26-2005, 12:40 AM
how many times we talked about getting groups together, who was going on friday, or saturday, or sunday, then no one showed and the groups were small compared to the people that post about it!!

Well the TPM booth was burried way in the back. I was there with a small group, Hanz, Rob, Stephen, John, Joe, Jen and a few others. But the thing was that I need to see everything so it takes me forever to finish the entire show. It was difficult to keep the groups together. Hopefully I'll be off the crutches by the time the show rolls around, I'd really hate to miss it, I look forward to attending every year.

MrQuickR1
10-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Every year I say I'm gonna go, but then after hearing all the feedback of people that have already went, I lose interest and don't bother going.

BTW Crystal, the pic in your sig with straight hair.....looks GREAT! Keep it like that :nod2:
uuuuuh uuuuuh! beach!

PitsVtec
10-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Every year I say I'm gonna go, but then after hearing all the feedback of people that have already went, I lose interest and don't bother going.

BTW Crystal, the pic in your sig with straight hair.....looks GREAT! Keep it like that :nod2:
uuuuuh uuuuuh! beach!

Thanks. I think my hair looks good both ways. But we are most likely going to this event. Let me know if you are going.

MarcF4i
11-07-2005, 03:43 PM
I've been going to the MC show at Javit's for the past 5 years. While it's no European Bike Show it's better than nothing plus it lets you scratch that two wheel itch that we all share. ;)

High_Revs_17
11-07-2005, 06:55 PM

I can't understand what negative things people would ever have to say about that show, it's one of the most pronounced bike shows in the world, what more do you want people?! And I'm surprised you'd care about what others say anyway Mr. Bill, you're a leader, not a follower. ;)

MarcF4i
11-23-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm going on Sunday when the show opens to avoid the mass hystery that happens later in the day.

carl_g
11-23-2005, 12:20 PM
That show sux I wont be going.

MarcF4i
11-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Actually the show does suck (especially when the OCC guys are there) but unfortunately we don't get shows that are similar to those in Europe or Japan where they actually show real concept bikes. I go for a bike fix (you other sbaddicts know what I'm talk'n about) and to see the new production sportbikes. Basically to see bikes I would like to buy but can't afford to. It's also nice to see new gear and bike related equipment available from vendors.

No, the show doesn't suck, it's an awesome show that travels the world. You won't see such a display of sportbike stuff anywhere else. It's just very crowded if you decide to go late on Saturday or all day Sunday. Try to get there on Friday, if not get there first thing Saturday morning and you'll be fine.

'05 was much better than '04 because OCC wasn't there so it far less crowded. Bring some spending cash also cuz you never know what you might find on the floor. Sometimes vendors sell their products at great discounts so keep that in mind. And be sure to hit every isle in the vendor section just to be sure you don't miss anything you might like.

ronin_01r1
11-23-2005, 12:27 PM
im definitely going either saturday or sunday.

duc748pilot
11-23-2005, 12:35 PM
i'll be going dont know which day.

Xracer264
11-23-2005, 01:01 PM
YUP,

I'll be working the show on Saturday night from 5 till closing @ the RENJ booth.

High_Revs_17
11-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Actually the show does suck (especially when the OCC guys are there) but unfortunately we don't get shows that are similar to those in Europe or Japan where they actually show real concept bikes. I go for a bike fix (you other sbaddicts know what I'm talk'n about) and to see the new production sportbikes. Basically to see bikes I would like to buy but can't afford to. It's also nice to see new gear and bike related equipment available from vendors.

'04 OCC was the nightmare and the show was a mess, '05 was much nicer. Riders enjoy seeing bikes they can own and ride, not one's they can't. If they want to see concepts they can easily read about them in the media, there's no need to travel overseas just for that.

Bike fixes are plentiful at the show regarding new production models, AMA and especially MotoGP's. There's plenty of gear & equiptment to pick up at discount prices if one wishes to. Some people love a good thing especially the Guggenheim, other's couldn't see it if it walked up and kicked them in the ass, but that's life I guess.

CBRBob
11-23-2005, 07:40 PM
I should be there Sun about an hour before the show starts to setup the RENJ booth. I should be there almost all day between the RENJ and TPM areas.

FYI TPM will have the transporter as the display this year!