PDA

View Full Version : professional ball buster?

SilverDragon
10-18-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't even know what to call this thread, or how to feel about it... Here's what happened yesterday on the way to work in Jersey City, NJ

I'm a block away from work, and one of the streets is blocked off for contruction. I'm going down a one way (not trafficked much). I get to the end of the road, and there's a dip, and since it rained all week, there's a big flowing puddle of water where the dip is. It might as well have been a mini lake. It was at least 3/4 of a foot deep.

I pull over, let the car behind me go, and since there were no other cars coming up, I turn around and go to the next block, where they blocked off the street for construction, hoping I could find a way to go through there!

I'm at least 10-15 yards away from the intersection, and I'm already getting the wave from the police officer at the intersection. It's quite understandable, since I am going the opposite direction of traffic. I pull over to him, and try to explain.. it went something like this:

him: what's going on?
me: There's flooding at the intersection and I turned around hoping to find an alternative to going through the water..

him: Well, everyone else goes through, why can't you?
me: well, it's really deep, I was just hoping there was another way to go through

him: noone else is having a problem going through
me: alright I'll do it, I was just trying to find an alternative

He then radios another police officer at the other end of the blocked off street and lets him know that I'll be coming through from behind him.

The entire time, not one inkling of a smile, even after I repeatedly said Thank you! Was he not happy that I didn't make a big deal out of it, or that he didn't get the reaction he expected? Oh well... I like to look at the brighter side of things, so it didn't bother me too much since I eventually got to avoid the giant puddle. It still puzzles me as to why I didn't get any reaction of him at all. I wonder what was going though his mind.

Good day all!

PitsVtec
10-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Have we not had our share of @$$holes? Once in the car I went to the bank and saw I was being followed. The cop came to me in the parking space and said "I don't think you had your blinker on back there." I said "Hmm...you don't think, well I use my blinkers, officer, so I would have had it on." He said, "well, um, well, um, your passenger doesn't have their safety belt on" I said "yeah b/c he's going to use the ATM." The cop then left. For what that mess was about, I'll never know.

xstortion
10-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't even know what to call this thread, or how to feel about it... Here's what happened yesterday on the way to work in Jersey City, NJ

I'm a block away from work, and one of the streets is blocked off for contruction. I'm going down a one way (not trafficked much). I get to the end of the road, and there's a dip, and since it rained all week, there's a big flowing puddle of water where the dip is. It might as well have been a mini lake. It was at least 3/4 of a foot deep.

I pull over, let the car behind me go, and since there were no other cars coming up, I turn around and go to the next block, where they blocked off the street for construction, hoping I could find a way to go through there!

I'm at least 10-15 yards away from the intersection, and I'm already getting the wave from the police officer at the intersection. It's quite understandable, since I am going the opposite direction of traffic. I pull over to him, and try to explain.. it went something like this:

him: what's going on?
me: There's flooding at the intersection and I turned around hoping to find an alternative to going through the water..

him: Well, everyone else goes through, why can't you?
me: well, it's really deep, I was just hoping there was another way to go through

him: noone else is having a problem going through
me: alright I'll do it, I was just trying to find an alternative

He then radios another police officer at the other end of the blocked off street and lets him know that I'll be coming through from behind him.

The entire time, not one inkling of a smile, even after I repeatedly said Thank you! Was he not happy that I didn't make a big deal out of it, or that he didn't get the reaction he expected? Oh well... I like to look at the brighter side of things, so it didn't bother me too much since I eventually got to avoid the giant puddle. It still puzzles me as to why I didn't get any reaction of him at all. I wonder what was going though his mind.

Good day all!

I am still trying to figure out y he pretty much forced u to go in a direction u didn't want to. He must have wanted u to get stuck or something. Yup thats a ballbuster

Have we not had our share of @$$holes? Once in the car I went to the bank and saw I was being followed. The cop came to me in the parking space and said "I don't think you had your blinker on back there." I said "Hmm...you don't think, well I use my blinkers, officer, so I would have had it on." He said, "well, um, well, um, your passenger doesn't have their safety belt on" I said "yeah b/c he's going to use the ATM." The cop then left. For what that mess was about, I'll never know.

He was probably tryin to hit on u. He didn't realize u had a passenger with u once he realized he then had no idea what to do.. Just my guess

High_Revs_17
10-18-2005, 02:35 PM
I know cops and have had them explain many situations from being on the job daily. They refer to trying to direct cagers as herding cattle if you know what that means, I can completely understand his attitude. We only experience situations with them a handful of times per year so we expect them to speak as if they were a customer rep for a major corporation. But they deal with hundreds if not thousands of drivers on the road every day...a large portion of them being morons, and after a while it's tough for them to decide who's who so they judge them buy their actions. Being assigned to a road job, especially in the city isn't easy, and the key is speed to defuse any situation before more traffic backs up, cuz then they have a major problem. If they don't respond with a nice gesture it's nothing personal, they're just doing their job.

SilverDragon
10-18-2005, 03:06 PM
I am still trying to figure out y he pretty much forced u to go in a direction u didn't want to. He must have wanted u to get stuck or something. Yup thats a ballbuster

Oh no... he actually let me go through the construction area... but with no emotion on his face whatsoever. As if he was unhappy with helping me avoid the "river."

SilverDragon
10-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I know cops and have had them explain many situations from being on the job daily. They refer to trying to direct cagers as herding cattle if you know what that means, I can completely understand his attitude. We only experience situations with them a handful of times per year so we expect them to speak as if they were a customer rep for a major corporation. But they deal with hundreds if not thousands of drivers on the road every day...a large portion of them being morons, and after a while it's tough for them to decide who's who so they judge them buy their actions. Being assigned to a road job, especially in the city isn't easy, and the key is speed to defuse any situation before more traffic backs up, cuz then they have a major problem. If they don't respond with a nice gesture it's nothing personal, they're just doing their job.

I totally understand that position. My problem with the situation is the fact that he's comparing my two-wheeled 350lb motorcycle to a four-wheeled car that can easily go through the flood of water as if to say... if you can't do what a car can do, why are you on the road?

I was prepared to attempt doing what he was trying (sarcastically or not) to tell me to do.... Just so he could see how different it is for a motorcycle to go through a flood than a car. I probably would have had to walk the bike through the water.

I don't know whether or not he realized that it would be harder to go on a bike instead of a car. In the end, he let me avoid the giant puddle, so I'm not holding any grudges, but it almost seemed like he was trying to start something!

Rev
10-18-2005, 04:03 PM

a guy huh..well this obviously wasn't me....who were YOU WITH huh..huh huh...

PitsVtec
10-18-2005, 04:11 PM

I knew that was coming. :jerkit: J/k...I told you already!

High_Revs_17
10-18-2005, 04:53 PM

"yeah b/c he's going to use the ATM."

BUSTED! :wow:

High_Revs_17
10-18-2005, 05:04 PM
My problem with the situation is the fact that he's comparing my two-wheeled 350lb motorcycle to a four-wheeled car that can easily go through the flood of water as if to say... if you can't do what a car can do, why are you on the road?

I probably would have had to walk the bike through the water.

You wouldn't have to walk it, technically a sportbike can easily be ridden at a slow pace thru standing water up to a foot or more in depth providing the water level doesn't submerge the electrical system under the seat and/or enter the air intake and exhaust can. But who wants to get themselves and their nice shiny bike covered in filthy city street water.

soda7o
10-18-2005, 05:13 PM
hi revs you defend "them boys" agian andi will brake your other leg

that is all

High_Revs_17
10-18-2005, 05:33 PM
hi revs you defend "them boys" agian andi will brake your other leg

that is all

You should've been cast next to "Gumby" in "Red Heat".

soda7o
10-18-2005, 05:49 PM
what? u want a piece of this u gimp ... lol bring ti beach! bringit