PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about the accident last night on Rt. 80?

vice86
10-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Took 3.5 hours to get home last night from work...a BAD accident around Exit 57 on Rt. 80....2 cars and a Tractor Trailer...the station wagon was almost totally smashed...if there was a passenger in the front...then he/she had to be killed...then a truck were the front was over the middle median and its flat bed crushing a car against the median...looked like 20 cop cars there. I can't find anything on it.

PitsVtec
10-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Have no idea, but I love CLUBLAND!!! LOL!!! You might want to check the nj.com....they will sometimes list things like that.

vice86
10-14-2005, 11:11 AM
I chekedout that site...nothing...plus the site sucks...it so confusing.

PitsVtec
10-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I don't have a problem with it....but sorry it sucks for you. :crazy:

Rev
10-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Took 3.5 hours to get home last night from work...a BAD accident around Exit 57 on Rt. 80....2 cars and a Tractor Trailer...the station wagon was almost totally smashed...if there was a passenger in the front...then he/she had to be killed...then a truck were the front was over the middle median and its flat bed crushing a car against the median...looked like 20 cop cars there. I can't find anything on it.

yup...a little boy got killed in the wagon. the trailer hit them as they were pulled over with no lights no hazards..they simply were not scene. in the car was a lady, grandmother, and 2 kids...they 8 year old died..

Roxy26
10-14-2005, 12:36 PM
i was in that traffic....
here's the link
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=3535253#

PitsVtec
10-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Aww...so sad. Hope the family survives. RIP to the little man.

Taz
10-14-2005, 12:48 PM
RIP! Too sad! :(

vice86
10-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the link Princess!

Yeah..that was one f'd up scene...that wagon was really smashed up bad.

Rev
10-14-2005, 01:16 PM
did u guys see any dead bodies

njf4i
10-14-2005, 01:30 PM
RIP to the little guy.

I hope his sister pulls through.

Roxy26
10-14-2005, 01:58 PM
did u guys see any dead bodies

no..I passed it when they were trying to tow the car and take the truck out which was about 9:15-9:30. the station wagon looked like someone took it from each end and pushed it in..it was a mess...also when I was driving back around 11:30 they were still trying to move the truck from there.

duc748pilot
10-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Well....First hand account....

I was sitting at the firehouse checking my messages when i heard it happen (my firehouse is right by 80). Tone came in a minute later, MVA multiple entrapments, Cheifs on scene called in Tractor trailer involved with two cars. We responded with the rescue and were on scene within two minutes. Saw the vehicle and knew it was going to be bad. Got out and stretched the lines of the spreaders and cutters. We started working on the 8 year old boy first. Unfortunately He took the brunt of the mess. After getting him out he stopped breathing. EMS began cpr. He didnt make it. We went to work on to remove the other rear passenger, an 11 year old girl. We removed that door and got her out. She was in a lot better condition than her brother but from what i hear this morning she is in critical condition. Made quick work of removing the front drivers door and removed the mother. The front passenger side was too big of a mess of metal to remove that man out that side while my captain and other firefighter began cutting through that I got into the car with a few others and we got that man out the drivers side door on a spine board. The tractor trailer cab was over the divider sitting in the fast lane of the eastbound side. I beleive he was ok. County ESU pulled the roof of the other vehicle which was pinned between the trailer and the divider. That patient was in a lot better shape.

they were not out of the vehicle changing a tire. They got a flat tire and apparently stopped in the center lane....made a phone call for help, and then the tractor trailer hit. if anyone was watching the news last night a few covered it, and a few had footage of my captain and i with the jaws removing the rear door.
The call came in shortly after 7 pm. We finally left the scene at 1030 pm. Needless to say tonight, I am going out for a few drinks if anyone wants to join me. Been to some horrible accidents before, this one has been the worst in 5 years

IF ANYONE HAS A LINK OR ANY NEWS STORIES PLEASE POST THEM HERE FOR ME.

thanks.

__________________________________________________ _______

here is a story which is mostly correct and some pictures. click on the one picture for more.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?s...cal&id=3535253#

__________________________________________________ ____

heres a link to the video. about halfway down the page.

http://www.wnbc.com/feedroomvideo/index.html

in the second to last scene...thats me and my friend using the jaws on the rear door.
__________________________________________________ _____

*******UPDATE********

Friday night I was told the little girl had severe brain damage and was not expected to make it. Saturday I learned that everyone (INCLUDING THE GIRL) was released from the hospital. It is a shame we lost the 8 year old he is in a better place now and Im proud that we saved 5 other lives. Tonight is our critical incident stress debreifing...should be fun.... :fail:

vice86
10-17-2005, 05:12 PM
After seeing how messed up the one side of teh wagon was...he must have been pretty mangled up...ech. I would'nt be able to see that crap.

FigNewTon
10-18-2005, 08:57 AM
It takes a special person to do what you guys do Pilot. I commend you all for that and you should be proud of all that you do.

RIP little man...