PDA

View Full Version : Knee pads/Pucks

Mack
05-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey got a quick question about pucks....I don't own leather pant because I like to ride in jeans while riding and was wondering if anyone knew of a good pair of knee pads/pucks that I could put on over jeans....I'm starting to worry about bashing my knee of the ground and don't like the thought of doing it at high speeds.....any imput would be helpful......and SLOWING DOWN IS NOT AN OPTION

Qetesh
05-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Hey got a quick question about pucks....I don't own leather pant because I like to ride in jeans while riding and was wondering if anyone knew of a good pair of knee pads/pucks that I could put on over jeans....I'm starting to worry about bashing my knee of the ground and don't like the thought of doing it at high speeds.....any imput would be helpful......and SLOWING DOWN IS NOT AN OPTION

As you know, not a great idea to be dragging your knee on the street.

How about taking it to the track as an option? :lmao:

carl_g
05-23-2005, 05:10 PM
dood just get leathers..

Mack
05-23-2005, 05:10 PM
yes I realize dragging knees isn't the best idea on the street....however, personally being only 24 paying rent, car payment...etc...I can't afford to take it to the track...I would like to just don't have the means at this point in my life....I don't want to drag on the street but I don't want to worry about my knee while riding the street.

Qetesh
05-23-2005, 05:16 PM
yes I realize dragging knees isn't the best idea on the street....however, personally being only 24 paying rent, car payment...etc...I can't afford to take it to the track...I would like to just don't have the means at this point in my life....I don't want to drag on the street but I don't want to worry about my knee while riding the street.

We'll have to set up a "Help Mack get to the track" fund ;) Carl has a good point, get a set of used leathers. You might be able to find something on ebay.

Mack
05-23-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah I never thought of going the used leathers way.....my brother knows a guy that's my size that races out in Cali....maybe I'll see if he can hook me up.

njf4i
05-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Well dave its like i told you yesterday. You have two options:

1.) Stop giving head and your knees wouldn't need protection.

2.) Or just order the dragging jeans and have someone stitch on a velcro patch for you. That way you can slap the pucks on whenever you ride to hard.

We should be marketing these jeans. We could be millionaires by next year. :hyper:

Kennedy
05-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Stitch some velcro onto your favorite pair of ridings jeans and then slap some pucks on....I make it sound easy :nod:

5wytchBh4kk
05-24-2005, 06:08 PM
try these dude lol

http://marketlaunchers.com/ferrit2.jpg

High_Revs_17
05-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Dave you're better off getting leather pants (be it new or used) with the knee sliders rather than trying to sew the sliders onto a pair of jeans cuz unless you choose to wear a tight pair of jeans (which you won't) the jeans will be too loose to keep the sliders in place to ensure they make perfect contact every time.

Jimmy
05-24-2005, 06:57 PM
If you're riding hard enough to be dragging your knee, you need to put some leather pants on :nuts:

Mack
05-24-2005, 09:02 PM
I guess I'll just go with leathers like everyone says.....although I'm not into looking like fuzzy after I'm done riding and just hanging out.......now not knowing a lot about leathers...can I wear jeans under them and do they make breathable pants like they do jackets???

AfricanBootyScratcher
05-25-2005, 10:21 AM
plus, chicks dig leather pants, because they make your ass look hot!

Qetesh
05-25-2005, 07:39 PM
I guess I'll just go with leathers like everyone says.....although I'm not into looking like fuzzy after I'm done riding and just hanging out.......now not knowing a lot about leathers...can I wear jeans under them and do they make breathable pants like they do jackets???

If you can fit a pair of jeans on under leathers there is something wrong :lmao: So, the answer is no.

Leathers are meant to be form fitting, for lack of a better word. You can wear Under Armor underneath, or boxers, but that's about it. As far as "breathable" goes, I've never noticed if mine were, but I assume they would be.

Good luck and let us know what you end up looking at ;)

njf4i
05-25-2005, 10:03 PM
:lmao: I can't wait to see dave in leather pants. :roflmao:

I mean that in a non gay way. So don't even go there.

Vin
05-25-2005, 11:01 PM
I was telling Jimmy the other day that I have YET to find a suit that fits properly. Everything's been Catwoman tight or too baggy. Pain in the ass that shit is.

Kennedy
05-26-2005, 12:17 AM
I was telling Jimmy the other day that I have YET to find a suit that fits properly. Everything's been Catwoman tight or too baggy. Pain in the ass that shit is.

Well catwoman tight is definatly better than too baggy, the tighter the fit the better protection you will have....for example armor will not slide around in places it shouldn't be...

Mack
05-26-2005, 05:33 PM

I had a hard time finding a jacket that fits right....I'm guessing pants won't be any easier....considering i have big ass legs and I'm not that fat

High_Revs_17
05-27-2005, 11:13 AM
I had a hard time finding a jacket that fits right....I'm guessing pants won't be any easier....considering i have big ass legs and I'm not that fat

Go for a pair of textile pants. Check out all the manufactures. I know you'll be much more confortable in them but I'm still not sure if they even support knee sliders or not. At least they offer a bit more protection.

Ant
06-03-2005, 01:17 PM
If you're riding hard enough to be dragging your knee, you need to put some leather pants on :nuts:

+1 don't be a moron.

ronin_01r1
06-03-2005, 02:28 PM
they make leathers that are perforated. that's what i have. i've never owned another pair so i don't know how much hotter the non-perforated leathers get. i paid about 200 at kneedraggers. suprisingly, they're quite comfortable to ride in...just make sure they fit right.

FigNewTon
06-09-2005, 09:38 AM
I don't know that I would recommend these but if you want knee pucks for jeans here you go...

http://www.sliderwoman.com/store/prod_list.asp?ProductMfg=Soks&Model=Soks

CBRBob
06-09-2005, 01:17 PM
If I get what Mack is saying, he just wants protection. Get rollerblade style knee protection and wear them under pants. I have seen this done many times. You may need to get 'loose fit' jeans though.

Mack
06-09-2005, 06:15 PM
If I get what Mack is saying, he just wants protection. Get rollerblade style knee protection and wear them under pants. I have seen this done many times. You may need to get 'loose fit' jeans though.

WOW someone finally got it....I don't want to drag knee on the road but if I do I don't want to destroy me knee cap

5wytchBh4kk
06-09-2005, 10:27 PM
WOW someone finally got it....I don't want to drag knee on the road but if I do I don't want to destroy me knee cap`

try these too, if you just want knee protection...

http://store.yahoo.com/motoxdepotstore/asknbr.html

opinion914
07-26-2005, 08:12 AM
i have a pair of 38 teknic perforated pants that id let go of for a certain size wad of cabbage. They have a full circumfrence zipper that mates up to my kobe jacket.

Kevin