PDA

View Full Version : R6 Seating Position

SilverDragon
10-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey guys and gals,

It occured to me on some recent long distance ride I took, that I tend to ride seating on the very front of the bike seat. It seems easier to hug the bike with my knees that way. Should I force myself to sit on the very back end of the seat?

Vin
10-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Hey guys and gals,

It occured to me on some recent long distance ride I took, that I tend to ride seating on the very front of the bike seat. It seems easier to hug the bike with my knees that way. Should I force myself to sit on the very back end of the seat?

I would shift my weight around at various times on long rides, just to avoid the pain of sitting still for extended periods of time.

High_Revs_17
10-10-2005, 06:01 PM
You don't have to force yourself into that position, whatever's comfortable for you. Also stand up on the pegs once in a while to stretch your legs while riding long distances.

Kennedy
10-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Well depending on what type of riding you are doing that could be both good and bad....if you are racing it gives you alot more to hold onto when you are hanging off.....

soda7o
10-10-2005, 06:13 PM
i used to rest my feet on my frame sliders harley style.. or lay down on the tank and put my feet on the back pegs( kinda liek super man position) on long stretches of straight hiways..

but taht was just me..

Cakes206
10-10-2005, 06:18 PM
I only sit way back when I need to tuck under the screen. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

CBRBob
10-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Just don't lock your elbows, squidly style!

Kennedy
10-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Just don't lock your elbows, squidly style!

Love em loose............. :crazy:

carl_g
10-10-2005, 11:04 PM
I hate long rides.

PitsVtec
10-11-2005, 12:18 AM
When I'm cruising around, I'm laying more on the tank. When I go fast, I sit back and crotch down. My tank pad is taking a beating, but that's what it's there for. It's a Spider and it doesn't have that plastic overlay the rest have...oh well it was free....use your judgment, it's your bike and you need to ride how your comfortable.

RonJ83
10-11-2005, 12:43 AM
you and i have the same bike, i suggest you get a corbin it does wonders for your ass. next practive gripping the tank with your knee and inner thigh. it will strenghten your back (your back will be sore for awhile). like others say leave your elbows loose. long rides are never comfortable on a sportbike but its hella fun.

Vin
10-11-2005, 02:49 AM
I hate long rides.

The RS must be really annoying on the highway. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

SilverDragon
10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
I guess this introduces my next question. I was riding two-up around a couple of blocks, and the girl I was giving the ride to kept sliding into my seat. I'm wondering if I should get used to riding with my butt as far back as possible, so that when I do ride two-up, my passenger feels as safe as possible.

ffejtable
10-11-2005, 02:32 PM
To the original question... It doesnt matter where you sit, as long as its as comfortable as possible, which generally speaking isnt very much on most sportbikes.

I did a 900 mile trip to Montreal and back in August, and I was surprised at how well I managed... The tank bag helped tremendously to lean against, and the handlebars on the 01 zx6r are pretty high...

I dont ride 2up much, but the last time I did I kept getting my nuts smooshed against the gas tank... I am guessing the girl was sliding onto the front seat with me.... Again, its really all about comfort, and 2 people on that small seat is probably not a good idea...

MrQuickR1
10-12-2005, 09:16 AM
I only sit way back when I need to tuck under the screen. Whatever you feel comfortable with.
+1
When riding hard and fast, back your ass and tuck.
Street riding on long highways and shit, I tend to hump the tank too. Best way to mix it up....ride backroads :nod2:

SilverDragon
10-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Good stuff. Thanks guys. I hope it's not going to be a workout on my arms to keep my passenger from sliding onto my seat! :D

MrQuickR1
10-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Good stuff. Thanks guys. I hope it's not going to be a workout on my arms to keep my passenger from sliding onto my seat! :D
Well my 1st year with the 6 I rode my kids around town...not too bad, but when Lisa got on, I was like (*&(*^^$%^#(*& damnnnnn felt like I did 100 push ups. Friggen heffer :lol:
Since then I took the back seat and pegs off....
If you really have to ride her around, ride nice! No show off stuff...got it? Good :)

SilverDragon
10-12-2005, 01:37 PM
you don't have to say it twice! :) The funny thing is.. the girl I was giving the birthday ride to isn't big at all, and I noticed that the bike still considerably went down lower... so I knew to take it easy! Besides, when riding two-up... all you need is to be moving, and it's fun for everybody.
:D

Now I know to start upping my weights at the gym! :lol: