PDA

View Full Version : My First Track Day

Mack
10-08-2005, 02:17 PM
GOT RAINED OUT....WTF....I drive my ass the whole was to Pocono this morning and their like there is 6 inches of water across the track by the bus stop (like I know where the hell that is) and we're not riding. Now there are no weekend dates except VIR which is 6 hours away....damn I'm pissed

benellis
10-08-2005, 02:55 PM
yeah, I hope we don't get rained out tomorrow, I too don't want to travel all the way down to VIR, I think I might have to take a day off to do somewhere else. Tropical storms suck.

Vin
10-08-2005, 03:05 PM
GOT RAINED OUT....WTF....I drive my ass the whole was to Pocono this morning and their like there is 6 inches of water across the track by the bus stop (like I know where the hell that is) and we're not riding. Now there are no weekend dates except VIR which is 6 hours away....damn I'm pissed

Sorry to hear it Mack, but at least you get your cash back to do another date. Team up with another member to do a different date to save yourself the agita of travelling to a different track.

High_Revs_17
10-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Dave I can't believe you drove all the way there in this mess. I don't care what anyone says regarding Pocono having it's own weather, this isn't just local rain, it's the remnants of a tropical storm that's hammered the entire US Atlantic coast.

John712
10-08-2005, 03:20 PM
sorry to hear that.

but now you can use the credit for the next track day. a lot of us are going on the 17th in Summit. i got room for 1 more bike if your interested. Kennedy is hitching a ride up with me.

let me know.

also the BUS STOP is a sharp right hander that you can take at like 25MPH and still drag a knee :)

Kennedy
10-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Dave I can't believe you drove all the way there in this mess. I don't care what anyone says regarding Pocono having it's own weather, this isn't just local rain, it's the remnants of a tropical storm that's hammered the entire US Atlantic coast.

TPM still rides in rain, just not floods.

Taz
10-08-2005, 05:28 PM
That sucks Dave. You'll get a track day one of these days.

Mack
10-08-2005, 06:07 PM
sorry to hear that.

but now you can use the credit for the next track day. a lot of us are going on the 17th in Summit. i got room for 1 more bike if your interested. Kennedy is hitching a ride up with me.

let me know.

also the BUS STOP is a sharp right hander that you can take at like 25MPH and still drag a knee :)

Thanks for the offer but with work and me scheduled to work out in the field I need a few weeks notice to get a day off. If I was just working in the office I could pull it off but I'm scheduled to be drilling and installing wells that week and there is noway I can skip work. It's looking like I'll be waiting till next year unless someone is going to carolina to ride.

RCM78
10-08-2005, 10:49 PM
I feel your pain!!! My first trackday was also in the rain. Then the next four consectutive days were in the rain. After that one day was cancelled due to FOG.
Six days in one year...

I will say in the long run it works out pretty good. Aside from one day at Summit I havent seen rain at all this year...

IG.
10-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Mack, I was in the same boat (figuratively, and literally). I rode from Queens to Pocono on Friday. Stayed in the motel. Kissed the gates at 8 a.m. on Saturday, and rode back home. both trips in downpour, and not even a single session at the track.

In 4 years of track days (averaging 5 - 6 days a year), it's the 2nd time only when the entire event got cancelled. so, odds are not that bad in the long run.

Keep long term perspective in mind.

Ah, who am I kidding! Still sucks. :cries:

Mack
10-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Mack, I was in the same boat (figuratively, and literally). I rode from Queens to Pocono on Friday. Stayed in the motel. Kissed the gates at 8 a.m. on Saturday, and rode back home. both trips in downpour, and not even a single session at the track.

In 4 years of track days (averaging 5 - 6 days a year), it's the 2nd time only when the entire event got cancelled. so, odds are not that bad in the long run.

Keep long term perspective in mind.

Ah, who am I kidding! Still sucks. :cries:

you were riding back with the guy on the triple right? I followed a busa and a triple on 80 for a while from pocono and thought damn at least I'm in the my truck (black colorado). Was that you?

IG.
10-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Holy cow!!! That was you!!! :wave2:

First we passed you. Then I noticed my tank bolt was getting loose. So, I was riding with my right hand, and screwing it back with my lefty. And, you passed us back. I had to do it like 5 times during the trip. Didn't want to stop.

Then we picked up the pace a bit, and passed you again. you were doing like 80. That's in the truck with 2 bikes loaded. :wow:

Hey, small world.

BTW, that would've been this guy's 1st track day. So, he was upset as well. And, I kind of influenced him to do this track day. He just bought leathers, boots, back protector, etc.

Oh, well. :omg:

Mack
10-15-2005, 08:11 AM
yeah small world. I can't believe you guys rode up there in that shit. Bigger balls then me. Yeah I went out band bought all that stuff too. New sidi boots, new gloves, and back protector was all pumped. Oh well there is always next year.

Brian78
10-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Oh well there is always next year.

there is always VIR in november :)

Mack
10-16-2005, 08:13 AM
VIR in november...thought about it...can't get the monday off work and don't want to make that trip on a sunday or I would have found a ride and went sunday and monday...oh well like I said next year....planning to go every other weekend :)