PDA

View Full Version : Break-In Secrets - VERY CONTROVERSIAL

CuCullin
05-23-2005, 11:13 AM
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

John712
05-23-2005, 03:05 PM
break in secret #1 means, you got WARRANTY, ride it like you stole it right from the door :)

Mack
05-23-2005, 04:59 PM
I've had owners of engine shops always tell me if you're going to run it hard break it in hard.......I've only owned one brand new bike 2001 929 broke that in hard not running to red line but definately not to the book and didn't have any problems with it.....but who knows what happened after I sold it

Kennedy
05-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Agreed I have heard of many ways of breaking in a bike. I would say just use a combination of both.... Didnt you crash that bike too dave :roflmao: jk jk

Chris

Mack
05-25-2005, 09:50 PM
My first bike (Ninja 500) dropped like 8 times...in the parking lot...in the driveway...and once on gravel....dropped my 929 off the road (hit gravel and went off the road into a ditch) which was fixed by Honda (full insurance) and my Aprilia I lowsided last year....yes I drop every bike I own...never hurt though

Kennedy
05-26-2005, 12:15 AM
My first bike (Ninja 500) dropped like 8 times...in the parking lot...in the driveway...and once on gravel....dropped my 929 off the road (hit gravel and went off the road into a ditch) which was fixed by Honda (full insurance) and my Aprilia I lowsided last year....yes I drop every bike I own...never hurt though

Well I shouldn't be one talking...dropped mine twice...once in my garage (kickstand was half down :nuts: ) and at the lip of my driveway...and my peg broke off ugh :jerkit: kawasaki go figure...... :confused: