PDA

View Full Version : How about them Devils...

njf4i
10-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Well i don't know about most of you, but im a die hard NJ Devils hockey fan. Not having a season last year sucked. So now i can go back to being happy.

Devils opened up there season to a nice win against the penguins.

I usually go to about 10 games a year. Anyone interested in going to a game?

www.newjerseydevils.com

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2005/html/home/images/site2005_v3_01.jpg

CBRBob
10-06-2005, 01:20 PM
I'll be at the game Oct 18th.

For you NYR fans....... you are tied with the NJDs, savor the moment.

xstortion
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
:confused:

I think they should strike again.

I am surprised people are even going to the games. The league basically shitted on the fans.

CBRBob
10-06-2005, 04:35 PM
:confused: I think they should strike again.
I am surprised people are even going to the games. The league basically shitted on the fans.

Once and for all, the players did not strike! The owners of the teams locked the players out. The real reason behind the lockout was teams like the new york rangers. What the rangers did was offer big name players outrageous salaries to get them to play for them. Then when they show up it's as if they just retired on a pension. They skated around like a circus show for years and years knocking teams without big name players (like the NJD) and yet 80% of the time, they did not even make the playoffs (read: less income). Now faced with low income, ultra-high salaries and a shortened season(no playoffs), teams like the nyr cried to the NHL that they would be going bankrupt soon. Well hell, if you ran a business like that you would be bankrupt as well with no one to cry to. So the ex-nba moron Gary Bettman decides to come up with some outrageous demands. The players union decided that they would give a 35% salary cut across the board to the teams and yet the NHL decided against it. Who suffered? The fans. The players kept on doing charity games/appearances. some went back to Europe etc. to play. In the end, it's poorly run organizations such as the nyr that screwed the fans out of a season of hockey. Strange thing is that now each team has only so much money to spend, more and more teams are adopting NJD styles of management. This is a team that has always been at about the mid level of salaries and in the last 10 years has 3 championchips. Equal that to teams such as the Red Wings and The Avalanche who are close or equal but have salaries that are in the highest level.

I am just glad that it's back and so far the games are good.

High_Revs_17
10-06-2005, 05:05 PM
I'd like to go nooka, maybe towards the end of the season when I heal up.

I find it interesting that with the exception of WWE, Boxing & UFC all other major televised sports ban fighting/violence except for hockey.

njf4i
10-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Once and for all, the players did not strike! The owners of the teams locked the players out. The real reason behind the lockout was teams like the new york rangers. What the rangers did was offer big name players outrageous salaries to get them to play for them. Then when they show up it's as if they just retired on a pension. They skated around like a circus show for years and years knocking teams without big name players (like the NJD) and yet 80% of the time, they did not even make the playoffs (read: less income). Now faced with low income, ultra-high salaries and a shortened season(no playoffs), teams like the nyr cried to the NHL that they would be going bankrupt soon. Well hell, if you ran a business like that you would be bankrupt as well with no one to cry to. So the ex-nba moron Gary Bettman decides to come up with some outrageous demands. The players union decided that they would give a 35% salary cut across the board to the teams and yet the NHL decided against it. Who suffered? The fans. The players kept on doing charity games/appearances. some went back to Europe etc. to play. In the end, it's poorly run organizations such as the nyr that screwed the fans out of a season of hockey. Strange thing is that now each team has only so much money to spend, more and more teams are adopting NJD styles of management. This is a team that has always been at about the mid level of salaries and in the last 10 years has 3 championchips. Equal that to teams such as the Red Wings and The Avalanche who are close or equal but have salaries that are in the highest level.

Very well put bob. I agree with you 100%.

But as a fan who actually followed everything, i was very upset with how Bettman treated his players. It was BS that caused this, and stupid poor managment that caused this. The players didn't walk because they weren't getting paid enoug.

But in the long run i think the league needed the tweaks they added this year. Last nights game had a lot more action then the 03 season.

So F it. I'm a fan and im gonna stay a fan. Nuff said!!!

Taz
10-06-2005, 09:09 PM
It was a good game last night. I'm glad the season back. It's about time.

Ron we can wheel you in to the game!

Let's GO Devils! :)

ffejtable
10-06-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm in! :)

Time for a new banner tho, Elias left a while ago. :(

I really havent been following things much lately, and I probably wont get to see many games on TV this season since I dont have FSN, and MSG plays a very limited number of NJD games (or at least that was the case in the past)....

Anyhow, I am glad its back cause in the winter months hockey is what I usually watch when I go running on the treadmill to make it at least somewhat less boring...

CBRBob
10-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Time for a new banner tho, Elias left a while ago.

Patrick wil be back in a month or two once he is recovered. Here are some banners for ya.......

DougZ
10-07-2005, 08:11 AM
LETS GO DEVILLLLLS, LETS GO. LETS GO DEVILS, LETTTTS GO.

Divine Tragedy
10-07-2005, 08:17 AM
I don't really understand hockey but I would love to go to a game. Is there any type of tailgating involved? I'll make cha-bacon-burgers

xstortion
10-07-2005, 10:50 AM

So simply what u r saying is that the Rangers are hockey's version of the Yankees? I am all for mid-level teams and I love that there can be a balance in a league with big and small market teams like the NFL. The only way for that 2 happen is with the salary cap so hockey needed to adapt the same kind of principle. Hopefully the NHL has learned from their mistakes. The fans will still suffer because the ticket prices will remain high :(
Hey good luck to u hockey fans I am not a big follower but I sure will play the games on PS2 :)

P.S. They need more black guys in hockey :lol:

ronin_01r1
10-07-2005, 04:12 PM
im down. let me know when.

vice86
10-07-2005, 04:44 PM
i say an SBA Devils Meet!!! I'd love to see Devs vs. Rangers tomorrow :)

I bought HD service last year looking forward to watching some Devil's games in HD since HD Hockey looks so fucking awesome...then they cancelled the season..DAHUR...now being single income, i had to cancel the service...too much money a month.

soda7o
10-07-2005, 04:54 PM
mad russian mofos with stix

vice86
10-07-2005, 04:59 PM
mad russian mofos with stix

and czechs too! don't forget that.

njf4i
10-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Well we could go to

Saturday 11/12/05 NJ vs Wash Game time 1:00pm

or

Saturday 12/3/05 NJ vs Minn Game time 1:00pm

Im always down....

vice86
10-07-2005, 05:03 PM
how about we set it up for a Rangers or Flyers game.

soda7o
10-07-2005, 05:04 PM
and czechs too! don't forget that.

ye syes .. but i know a few of the russian in the league.. my freidns father actualy runs two busnisses with ... wats his face... shit i fogot his american name.. illget back to you..

infact he is close with alotofthem to a point wher ei met federove at my friend house when he won the cup and we drank mad vodka and molested the cup :)

njf4i
10-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Thu 11/03 7:30 pm New Jersey NY Rangers

Sat 3/04 7:30 pm New Jersey NY Rangers

Sun 4/09 7:30 pm New Jersey NY Rangers

Mon 1/09 7:30 pm New Jersey Philadelphia

Wed 3/01 7:30 pm New Jersey Philadelphia

Thu 4/13 7:30 pm New Jersey Philadelphia

Sun 4/16 1:00 pm New Jersey Philadelphia

DougZ
10-07-2005, 09:16 PM
I'll be down to check out a game or two this season.

vice86
10-07-2005, 11:57 PM
FUCKING FLYERS BEAT THE DEVS 5-2...CRIPES...Devs better kick the Rangers ass Saturday.

nov, jan or march game would be sweet if we could round up a bunch of members and all get seats together...my bro is down with going...psycho1000r

PSYCHO1000R
10-08-2005, 11:26 AM
last nites game was ugly, Im a big devils fan, next time u go nick lemme know!!

njf4i
10-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah last night was a crap game. They fell apart after the 1st period.

But hey there are still 80 games to go in the season.

CBRBob
10-08-2005, 05:50 PM
So simply what u r saying is that the Rangers are hockey's version of the Yankees?

No, the difference is the NYY have won about 25% of the championships, the nyr have won about 3% :spit:

njf4i
10-09-2005, 09:16 PM
F THE RANGERS!!!!!

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2005/html/home/images/special/home_topstory.jpg